Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim & Co. Utter hatred for Peterson

124»

Comments

• Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Vegasdawg said:

Something else to consider---

About ten years ago I belonged to a huge recreation vehicle-camping board. They had numerous sub boards and were/are the top internet information site for that industry. Then along came Camping World, a large corporation with RV related stores and dealerships nationwide.

RVNET as the site is now known had a board that was devoted to chatting about anything and everything. Politics, sports, you name it. And it would get extremely rowdy, even with moderators trying to keep things from going nuclear war between members. Once Camping World took over, the free style board took a turn towards heavy censorship and the banning of members. As a result a string of boards sprang up, started by and populated by orphaned former members of RVNET. RVNET still thrives becasue the bottom line is people go their for information.

I have often wondered whether this same situation has existed since Dawgman was gobbled up by FOX and now the new owners. Could it be that Dawgman has had to conform to corporate policies, policies that restrict/censor in order to meet the business model of the parent corporation? I'm simply throwing this out there as a possibility.

When members here trash Dawgman's moderators and Kim and crew, I think they ignore the fact that there is a lot of content found on that site that Scout provides, along with the various Scout regional staff. I like this board but it doesn't offer all that Scout has to offer.

You belong to an RV message bored? Wow. Just wow.

Yep, you know, those things that people who don't live in their parent's basement use for tailgate party's.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,868
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    Vegasdawg said:

Something else to consider---

About ten years ago I belonged to a huge recreation vehicle-camping board. They had numerous sub boards and were/are the top internet information site for that industry. Then along came Camping World, a large corporation with RV related stores and dealerships nationwide.

RVNET as the site is now known had a board that was devoted to chatting about anything and everything. Politics, sports, you name it. And it would get extremely rowdy, even with moderators trying to keep things from going nuclear war between members. Once Camping World took over, the free style board took a turn towards heavy censorship and the banning of members. As a result a string of boards sprang up, started by and populated by orphaned former members of RVNET. RVNET still thrives becasue the bottom line is people go their for information.

I have often wondered whether this same situation has existed since Dawgman was gobbled up by FOX and now the new owners. Could it be that Dawgman has had to conform to corporate policies, policies that restrict/censor in order to meet the business model of the parent corporation? I'm simply throwing this out there as a possibility.

When members here trash Dawgman's moderators and Kim and crew, I think they ignore the fact that there is a lot of content found on that site that Scout provides, along with the various Scout regional staff. I like this board but it doesn't offer all that Scout has to offer.

I have some respect for Biggins and guys like that. The local site guys seem to be idiots, though beyond the NW schools I have little experience.

I don't have a problem with Kim saying, "Be civil" and "No profanity." Those are reasonable requests.

It's all the other bullshit, double talk. favoritism, arbitrary rules, arbitrary bans, and unyielding coach dicksucking for access that drove so many away. That has little or most likely nothing to do with Scout/Fox.

It ain't worth $11 a month. Not even close. It never was. You can get 3-6 months of a good magazine for $11. You can get the gist of recruiting from Twitter, Rivals, and other places.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

I remember in the late 90's Samek was a god in the eyes of the posters. I remember calling him out on a post and it was hell fire missiles for a week. How dare you talk to David that way we are just lucky he provides this board for us.

I couldn't believe all these people having such a freak out over some guy. It was frankly epic.

Now he is the guy who let his board go to shit, predicted 12-0 and that is how dmc will be forever remembered.

And it wasn't a failed 12-0 prediction in a year like 1982 or 1992. It was a year where Gilby was our coach, and we lost at home to freakin' Nevada. I remember Dave commenting that he thought we would go undefeated because of simplified defensive signal calling or schemes or substituting, something like that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I never knew that the secret to success for a football team was creating simplified play calling schemes
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,608
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2015

jecornel said:

I remember in the late 90's Samek was a god in the eyes of the posters. I remember calling him out on a post and it was hell fire missiles for a week. How dare you talk to David that way we are just lucky he provides this board for us.

I couldn't believe all these people having such a freak out over some guy. It was frankly epic.

Now he is the guy who let his board go to shit, predicted 12-0 and that is how dmc will be forever remembered.

jecornel said:

The irony is that Samek has publicly accused ME of having a God complex with this board, and the minions boost my ego, etc.
    Sounds like Samek is ready to rumble......
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,608
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    From the sounds of it Derek, Samek is ready to rumble.....