Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the Bored, need Vegas advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

gmo said:

5 days is way too long for Vegas. Rookie move right there. 2-3 days tops is the way to always do that town... for a lot of reasons.

We'll be at the NASCAR races for a good part of Saturday and Sunday, and we're leaving early Monday morning, so it won't be 5 full days.
    got it. Take it from experience that will likely feel like 10 days by the time you are flying back, but it's good you are off the strip for a good chunk of time. Don't get me wrong, I love Vegas... live in SoCal so that goes without saying, it just is best in weekend-sized doses.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I love the guys who pretend to have Vegas so dialed in that they avoid the strip.

Tips are fine, but you can do anything and have a great time in Vegas. What you choose to do depends on your budget.

The strip is fun for two days, once in your life if you're not a millionaire.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I went to Vegas about once a month living in LA in my early 20s. I was far from a millionaire. Always stayed at a nice place on the strip. Like I said, you have no idea what you're doing.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

I went to Vegas about once a month living in LA in my early 20s. I was far from a millionaire. Always stayed at a nice place on the strip. Like I said, you have no idea what you're doing.

When I moved to LA I went to Vegas my first 3 weekends in a row. I was good for about 3 years after that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I love the guys who pretend to have Vegas so dialed in that they avoid the strip.

Tips are fine, but you can do anything and have a great time in Vegas. What you choose to do depends on your budget.

The strip is fun for two days, once in your life if you're not a millionaire.
    I have family and friends that live in Vegas. I've had some great nights off the strip.

You are so full of shit about the strip though. I've been to Vegas with only a couple hundred bucks in my college and immediate post college years. You can stay in three and four star hotels for around $50 during the week days, $25 a night if you split the room.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    One of my best friends is a pro gambler living in Denver (he's a god damn Booff) and has set up many a Vegas trip for insanely cheap. He was just there for the Rugby 7s and got a suite at MGM for peanuts.

A lot of hotels are giving away rooms during the week. I'm a competent gambler myself and usually get away with having a great time for cost, but even if games aren't your thing you can do Vegas right for a few hundred bucks.