Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What ISIS Really Wants

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    After reading this, I am convinced that al-Qaeda is still a bigger threat to America.

But if these ISIS dicks wanna dig in and put up a flag, I say we bomb them back to the stone age that they so desperately crave.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015

After reading this, I am convinced that al-Qaeda is still a bigger threat to America.

But if these ISIS dicks wanna dig in and put up a flag, I say we bomb them back to the stone age that they so desperately crave.

There is some truth to this. It's really going to be a problem in the middle east.

In my ignorant view, let's satisfy all the people that say we mettle too much in worldly affairs and sit this one out for a time. Let France, UK, surrounding middle eastern countries in imminent danger to be invaded handle their own shit. Or, as we like to say, LIPO.

Focus on our own national security and ensuring the safety and prosperity of our own citizens. That beautiful blue body of water that separates us from this shit has never seemed so sweet. The Al Quedas of the world are the one's playing the political terrorism game that affects us much more dangerously. The ISIS archaic shit can be erased with a push of a button.

If ISIS wants to brawl with Al Queda I'm all for it. All the surrounding communities that burned American Flags are going to pray to allah an American brigade comes over the hill to save their ass right before the sword goes through their neck.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

There is some truth to this. It's really going to be a problem in the middle east.

In my ignorant view, let's satisfy all the people that say we mettle too much in worldly affairs and sit this one out for a time. Let France, UK, surrounding middle eastern countries in imminent danger to be invaded handle their own shit. Or, as we like to say, LIPO.

Focus on our own national security and ensuring the safety and prosperity of our own citizens. That beautiful blue body of water that separates us from this shit has never seemed so sweet. The Al Quedas of the world are the one's playing the political terrorism game that affects us much more dangerously. The ISIS archaic shit can be erased with a push of a button.

If ISIS wants to brawl with Al Queda I'm all for it. All the surrounding communities that burned American Flags are going to pray to allah an American brigade comes over the hill to save their ass right before the sword goes through their neck.
    My thoughts exactly.

According to the article, al Baghdadi has instructed his forces to deal with the neighboring Muslim countries/people before worrying about the West. Muslim apostates seem to be the greater concern to their ideology.

Let the fucks slaughter each other over the interpretation of a storybook.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

You clearly aren't aware of the fact that history has a tendency to repeat itself in one form or another.

The last even remotely comparable threat that I can think of that has any kind of similar elements is the rise of Hitler to power in Germany in 1933.

The position of Europe was to stand back, try to negotiate, tell Hitler he was a bad person and that he needed a timeout. Hitler smiled, said ok, and then invaded all of them.

The US position at the time was to stay out of it because it wasn't their fight. They only got involved when they had to.

If you don't realize how close Germany was to taking out all of Europe, then I don't know what to tell you. They were an air battle victory away from being able to conquer England in what was a massive upset in the grand scheme of things. They ran into the worst Russian winter since Napoleon tried to invade Russia during their invasion attempt. If you don't think that Hitler wouldn't have used an A-Bomb had he had the ability to do so in 1940 or the winter of 1941/1942, then you have your head in the sand. And don't forget in that situation, that while he had the leading German scientists working on such a bomb, the scientists also did a good job of sabotaging their own work and finding ways to delay their production so that it wasn't available to be used.

In particular the last part, you will not have that type of reality in place when it comes to ISIS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

You clearly aren't aware of the fact that history has a tendency to repeat itself in one form or another.

The last even remotely comparable threat that I can think of that has any kind of similar elements is the rise of Hitler to power in Germany in 1933.

The position of Europe was to stand back, try to negotiate, tell Hitler he was a bad person and that he needed a timeout. Hitler smiled, said ok, and then invaded all of them.

The US position at the time was to stay out of it because it wasn't their fight. They only got involved when they had to.

If you don't realize how close Germany was to taking out all of Europe, then I don't know what to tell you. They were an air battle victory away from being able to conquer England in what was a massive upset in the grand scheme of things. They ran into the worst Russian winter since Napoleon tried to invade Russia during their invasion attempt. If you don't think that Hitler wouldn't have used an A-Bomb had he had the ability to do so in 1940 or the winter of 1941/1942, then you have your head in the sand. And don't forget in that situation, that while he had the leading German scientists working on such a bomb, the scientists also did a good job of sabotaging their own work and finding ways to delay their production so that it wasn't available to be used.

In particular the last part, you will not have that type of reality in place when it comes to ISIS.
    I understand your hesitations to play 'wait and see' again, but Hitler's Germany and ISIS is an apples to oranges comparison. It's repeatedly stated ISIS' extremism and to the letter interpretation makes its movements predictable and able to be quashed. ISIS really is more concerned with killing other muslims in their own yard than flying planes into New York.

I agree an offshoot variation of ISIS that has more western ambitions is a problematic proposition for America. But ISIS is literally begging us to fight them to fulfill their destiny. We should and will take them out, but they are about to kill a lot of enemies of the west for us. This might come off as cold, because they are committing heinous acts and terrible crimes against humanity daily, but the west has botched our involvement in the region so badly the past 20 years I really feel a hands off approach is the best way to go. Let their atrocities become so self-evident to the Muslim nation there is nothing left to believe in but reform.

Then step in.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Comparing ISIS to Nazi Germany is like comparing Sark to Don James.

I'm not saying DJ was a Nazi, so don't go twisting.
  • Options
    I get the comments about the region eating its own ...

But the reality is that it doesn't matter who it is, it's BS. And to allow it to go unfettered is a problem.

Yes, the movements in theory are predictable. You never know though when people are going to deviate from what is predictable.

And I realize that Hitler Germany and ISIS are apples and oranges ... apparently some of you need to take a walk and gain some perspective when it comes to understanding what "last even remotely comparable threat" means.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    brchco12 said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

So you're saying Hitler was a good recruiter and won alot of off season natties and was a couple unfortunate plays away from being undefeated.

Heil Dude Brah

back to the topic at hand. I don't see ISIS in their present state of overzealous piousness ever pulling the region together in a way that would challenge the western world. It seems like we've gotten the rabid dog to chase it's own tail. Now alot of this blood is on our hands for creating the vacuum that allowed ISIS. But it really seems that they're fracturing the Muslim world with their legalism. Ala negadawg/posidawg eating of their own.

As long as there is a standing army with land we can bomb their asses into the sand and they can be martyrs. Boots on the ground would be playing into their hands in my opinion. I'd rather drone their shit to death and watch them flounder. A stagnant caliph is a failing caliph.
    This. I also liked how their propaganda films show medieval battles because there are specific details in the Kuran about battles on horseback with ancient weapons. They will be so disappointed sitting on their painted war horses, battleaxe in hand, waiting for Ceasar's army to meet them for the final holy war, only to be greeted by napalm wielding unmanned aircraft.

MoHammad you LIAR!!!
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

Doogles said:

brchco12 said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

So you're saying Hitler was a good recruiter and won alot of off season natties and was a couple unfortunate plays away from being undefeated.

Heil Dude Brah

back to the topic at hand. I don't see ISIS in their present state of overzealous piousness ever pulling the region together in a way that would challenge the western world. It seems like we've gotten the rabid dog to chase it's own tail. Now alot of this blood is on our hands for creating the vacuum that allowed ISIS. But it really seems that they're fracturing the Muslim world with their legalism. Ala negadawg/posidawg eating of their own.

As long as there is a standing army with land we can bomb their asses into the sand and they can be martyrs. Boots on the ground would be playing into their hands in my opinion. I'd rather drone their shit to death and watch them flounder. A stagnant caliph is a failing caliph.
    This. I also liked how their propaganda films show medieval battles because there are specific details in the Kuran about battles on horseback with ancient weapons. They will be so disappointed sitting on their painted war horses, battleaxe in hand, waiting for Ceasar's army to meet them for the final holy war, only to be greeted by napalm wielding unmanned aircraft.

MoHammad you LIAR!!!
    So you're saying they'll be wearing throwback jerseys and talking about getting back to when they were THE CALIPHATE DAMNIT!
    They're gonna bring in a caged fat Italian in a track suit to pump their troops up in practice.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Excellent

The thirst for dead jihadis is strong in this thread. Everything is coming together just as I have foreseen

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

I'm not going to throw a Godwin's law penalty flag but consider this a sideline warning.

I think the point you are trying to make is Hitler DNGAF and ISIS DNGAF.

Other than that, I'll have to drop the hanky and send it up to the replay booth which needs conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015

Excellent

The thirst for dead jihadis is strong in this thread. Everything is coming together just as I have foreseen

Meanwhile Cheney is tan rested and ready for Iraq 2: Electric Boogaloo Iraq 3: Enchanted Soiree
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

I'm not going to throw a Godwin's law penalty flag but consider this a sideline warning.

Other than that, I'll have to drop the hanky and send it up to the replay booth which needs conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.
    Exactly.

Hitler laughed at those that thought that words would slow him down. ISIS clearly has made it clear that they will not negotiate.

Who knows what the ISIS end game is.

We know what Hitler did. We can look back at history and realize that there were a few concrete events that could have changed the course of history in the other direction. Our policy of staying out of the fray (prior to Pearl Harbor) could have come back and bit us in the ass very easily.

The lesson from that is to not wait for things to completely go off the track before getting involved and squashing something that you can see coming with an at minimum 81% of certainty. Be proactive instead of reactive.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    Disagree, Goebbels would lose his shit with how heavy handed ISIS is. the 1936 ISIS playbook would be crucifying jews publicly rather than hosting the olympics.

ISIS is blowing their load way too fast, before they have enough assets and wealth to create a true global issue.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Exactly.

Hitler laughed at those that thought that words would slow him down. ISIS clearly has made it clear that they will not negotiate.

We know what Hitler did. We can look back at history and realize that there were a few concrete events that could have changed the course of history in the other direction. Our policy of staying out of the fray (prior to Pearl Harbor) could have come back and bit us in the ass very easily.

The lesson from that is to not wait for things to completely go off the track before getting involved and squashing something that you can see coming with an at minimum 81% of certainty. Be proactive instead of reactive.
    Yeah, but we really suck at occupation. I rather have a predictable enemy in power who murders terrorists as a byproduct of its insanity than some other organization that utilizes the modern world in dangerous ways.

I guess my fear is, we blast ISIS, botch the rebuild, leave, and some other group rises from the ashes just as militant, but evolved and focused back on the west.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Exactly.

Yeah, but we really suck at occupation. I rather have a predictable enemy in power who murders terrorists as a byproduct of its insanity than some other organization that utilizes the modern world in dangerous ways.

I guess my fear is, we blast ISIS, botch the rebuild, leave, and some other group rises from the ashes just as militant, but evolved and focused back on the west.
    Fair point.

And I'm not claiming to be an ISIS superiority guy ...

Nor am I claiming to be a foreign policy superiority guy ...

What is clear though is that at least the public comments and perceptions coming out of the Western World would suggest that their not really in tune with the radical nature of what ISIS is pursuing. Probably also fair to say that they are underestimating them. It's a dangerous recipe when you aren't aware of your opponent and underestimate them.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    This thread is starting to deliver. It just needs Harv to stop by and poont out that the CALIPHATE is forever buried under the manboobs of it's pedophiliac former prophet.