Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Romar excuse machine never takes a year off

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2015
    Not sure we are arguing he's a great college pg who played great against college kids... To argue that would be SoftyFS.b How his game translates to the next level is the question here, and I for one think he needs all 4 years, and even then He most likely has reached his ceiling without Woten's athleticism

So back on target, NWG will be here next year or playing in Europe
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Not sure we are arguing he's a great college pg who played great against college kids... To argue that would be SoftyFS.b How his game translates to the next level is the question here, and I for one think he needs all 4 years, and even then He most likely has reached his ceiling without Woten's athleticism

So back on target, NWG will be here next year or playing in Europe

Agreed on that.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WoodwardFS, "Lorenzo's too good of a coach and too good of a guy to give up on this this early." Fuck me.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Some have it some don't..... If NWG had Wroten's athletic ability he would be an All Star, and if Wroten had. NWG's heart and intelligence, well..... Fact is against Arizona's NBA guards, NWG looked horrible, and I assume he would look just as bad in NBA camps. Maybe he gets better in two years, he's only a sophomore, but right now the NBA should tell him fuck no, get your degree kid, make the most out of college

Who are you referencing? McConnell? He isn't a NBA player no matter how much Walton gushes over him.
  • Options
    Romar's win last night probably bought him another season.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Wake up. He wasn't getting fired, regardless of that game.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Wake up. He wasn't getting fired, regardless of that game.
    If he closed the year on a however many game losing streak, the pressure would have increased monumentally.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Romar isn't door.ass.out. But LIPO still holds true to see how the year finishes. A buzzer beater win against the Cougs while finishing the year 1-12 isn't exactly that much better.

Surprised that I haven't heard though that all Romar needed was a little more Jerreau in his life.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'll believe it when I see it if romar is ever shown the door, but it's yet another example of how pathetic things are when there is solidity in your job for beating a cellar dweller with Ernie Kent at the helm.

Balloons, streamers, strippers and blow. Let's party
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla is on point. Romar might have been shit canned if he lost the rest of the way.

That buzzer beater against the Cougs probably gave the husky hooligans of the world enough ammo to prolong the misery.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Tequilla is on point. Romar might have been shit canned if he lost the rest of the way.

That buzzer beater against the Cougs probably gave the husky hooligans of the world enough ammo to prolong the misery.

I believe there is/was enough pressure to oust him if he lost out. I'd still put the % at 80/20 he's retained. There is always a chance some people with money sway the AD, but as most have said it's unlikely regardless of how dreck the situation is. JJ, life vest on the front line btw.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If he spiraled to an owentwelve oblivion he would have been fired. No question.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    haie said:

WoodwardFS, "Lorenzo's too good of a coach and too good of a guy to give up on this this early." Fuck me.

But how is Woodward a Pool Boy?
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    The only way Romar is out after this year is if he steps down/retires....
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

If he spiraled to an owentwelve oblivion he would have been fired. No question.

I'm not so sure about that
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wanting Romar to be fired does not equal him actually getting fired. A close win against WSU didn't save his job.

He's going to coach the recruiting class and that has been the plan all along. Romar and Woodward knew the season was over when Upshaw sold the couch. If he was really in danger of losing his job, Upshaw would still be on the team.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Wanting Romar to be fired does not equal him actually getting fired. A close win against WSU didn't save his job.

He's going to coach the recruiting class and that has been the plan all along. Romar and Woodward knew the season was over when Upshaw sold the couch. If he was really in danger of losing his job, Upshaw would still be on the team.

How many times does this need to be repeated around here?

Romar isn't getting fired.

End of discussion.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This is imaginationland now since we beat WSU but RD you seriously think if Romar finished the season with an 0-13 losing streak (longest in the conference in 15 years) and attendance at its lowest point since 2001 that Romar wouldn't have been fired? Even Woodward isn't that stupidly doogish right?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    Gladstone said:

This is imaginationland now since we beat WSU but RD you seriously think if Romar finished the season with an 0-13 losing streak (longest in the conference in 15 years) and attendance at its lowest point since 2001 that Romar wouldn't have been fired? Even Woodward isn't that stupidly doogish right?

It's imagination land thinking he will get fired with a top 10 recruiting class. This is UW. You think a 3 point win against WSU in a meaningless game saved his job? Thinking that win "saved" Romar's job is pretty odd. Why would going 1-12 instead of 0-13 save his job?

It's great that you have high standards. I wish Romar had already been fired too. What makes you think Woodward thinks like a Half Brain on this board?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

It's imagination land thinking he will get fired with a top 10 recruiting class. This is UW. You think a 3 point win against WSU in a meaningless game saved his job? Thinking that win "saved" Romar's job is pretty odd. Why would going 1-12 instead of 0-13 save his job?

It's great that you have high standards. I wish Romar had already been fired too. What makes you think Woodward thinks like a Half Brain on this board?
    It's because a complete implosion was needed for hope. That win inspires a regime deader than Hitlers Germany.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said: