Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Romar excuse machine never takes a year off

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Wow. I'd almost forgot that. Romar should be fired for this alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97TRvZqgsY

That's beyond terrible - I've never seen that before ... Dear fucking Allah
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I feel like I'm the only one that got a kick out of the Dancing Dawgs. Also I miss MBA, his puffy nips, and unneccessary "AND 1!!!!!!"s.

Yeah it's gay as shit but at least the players enjoyed it and it put a smile on their face. All we see these days is a complete dreckfest consisting of Dorsey looking like he's about to cry at all times, Nigel complaining, Gilles looking like a baby deer, and Kemp looking like he's lost and can't find his way home. All to the tune of horrible EDM music and FREE T SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only player on this team I respect is Anderson. He seems like he has some goddamn heart and even got T'd up once. Viva Mike!

RIP Husky Hoops.

Anderson is doing his job. Dude has been asked to play the 4 two years in a row now and he doesn't complain, just does his job and takes it to the rack. He's everything I thought Darin Johnson was going to be. Can't fault his effort.
    Anderson is pretty bad for a guy playing 30 minutes a game. He's content with doing very little offensively when he is a decent shooter (40% from 3), has an okay handle, and can take guys off the dribble.

Johnson is terrible, but I have a feeling he's going to put up 15-20 when he transfers to a MWC or Big Sky school. He has some talent, but he's in the tank mentally and has been all season.

Romar isn't getting enough from either guy when there is talent there.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I feel like I'm the only one that got a kick out of the Dancing Dawgs. Also I miss MBA, his puffy nips, and unneccessary "AND 1!!!!!!"s.

Yeah it's gay as shit but at least the players enjoyed it and it put a smile on their face. All we see these days is a complete dreckfest consisting of Dorsey looking like he's about to cry at all times, Nigel complaining, Gilles looking like a baby deer, and Kemp looking like he's lost and can't find his way home. All to the tune of horrible EDM music and FREE T SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only player on this team I respect is Anderson. He seems like he has some goddamn heart and even got T'd up once. Viva Mike!

RIP Husky Hoops.

Anderson is doing his job. Dude has been asked to play the 4 two years in a row now and he doesn't complain, just does his job and takes it to the rack. He's everything I thought Darin Johnson was going to be. Can't fault his effort.
    Anderson is pretty bad for a guy playing 30 minutes a game. He's content with doing very little offensively when he is a decent shooter (40% from 3), has an okay handle, and can take guys off the dribble.

Johnson is terrible, but I have a feeling he's going to put up 15-20 when he transfers to a MWC or Big Sky school. He has some talent, but he's in the tank mentally and has been all season.

Romar isn't getting enough from either guy when there is talent there.
    That's a fair take, I just like how Anderson has adapted his role because nobody else is stepping up. I guess I see less pout in him, versus Johnson who looks sad and shaken up that he's not dominating like he dreamed he would. Anderson would probably shoot more from outside if he wasn't playing the 4 half the game. The roster is embarrassing no matter how you slice it.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Has anyone considered that we could see a decent size roster turn over regardless of whether romar stays?

Anderson - Gone(graduated)
    Andrews - Stays(Where else can you shoot 35% as a SG and still play 30+ minutes a game?)
    Gilles - Transfer(how can this guy not go to a smaller school and get PT? He isn't playing on a team playing 4 under sized guards b/c he's so bad)
    Dorsey - Should be here
    JJ - Here
    DJ - Transfer(I'll be shocked if he's a husky 2 weeks after the season ends)
    Kemp - Gone
    Taylor - Already gone
    Upshaw - black tar is your friend
    NWG - Draft(I think a lot of people were vindicated after saying NWG isn't a nba type player, but i'm still not sure he thinks he isn't. So with the roster problems and more losing, I could see him leaving).
    Winters - Toss up on him as there really is no point to transfer unless it's to a smaller school, but he isn't playing on a shitty team.

We really could be looking at a situation with Dorsey, Andrews, JJ and winters. Oh yeah, then the heralded freshman.
  • Options
    I just read something on the seattle times and forgot that AA will be a 5th year senior. With the dreckfest that's likely pending next year, there is also a chance he leaves to play a la dez simmons.

If he called Dez and asked how fun it is playing 30 minutes for 19-6 st mary's, vs getting your ass smashed each night I can imagine he may check out other opportunities.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I just read something on the seattle times and forgot that AA will be a 5th year senior. With the dreckfest that's likely pending next year, there is also a chance he leaves to play a la dez simmons.

If he called Dez and asked how fun it is playing 30 minutes for 19-6 st mary's, vs getting your ass smashed each night I can imagine he may check out other opportunities.

Unlike Dez, AA has never had trouble getting minutes or shots.
  • Options

I guess getting minutes on a team that will make the ncaa tourney is much less fun than getting up shots on a .500 or less team.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I guess getting minutes on a team that will make the ncaa tourney is much less fun than getting up shots on a .500 or less team.
    I get what you are saying, but Dez didn't leave because the team was struggling. He left because he wasn't playing, and when he did play, he wasn't a part of the offense.
  • Options

I get what you are saying, but Dez didn't leave because the team was struggling. He left because he wasn't playing, and when he did play, he wasn't a part of the offense.
    i don't think it's probable AA leaves at all. Just thought it was interesting it was mentioned as a possibility. If UW has any chance of being decent next year they need AA to stay around regardless of whether I would prefer to starts. He is still a good enough player to be a role guy on a very good team, and will be a lot better than rolling out frosh as starters.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    No way NWG leaves, unless he wants to play in Europe. He's not Wroten athletically, or Lavine, his ceiling is reached athletically, his future is coaching
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No way NWG leaves, unless he wants to play in Europe. He's not Wroten athletically, or Lavine, his ceiling is reached athletically, his future is coaching

He shouldn't leave, but he might considering he thought about it last year.

I think he has a shot at playing in the NBA. He should stay another year or even two though to be the best player he can be when he gets a chance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was almost certain he would leave, but his outside shot is horrendous and he doesn't have the athleticism to get to the cup at the next level. He barely has it now, that's why his floater game is so strong he's adapted to getting shut down 3-4 ft from the hoop.

I still really like NWG game, but this season probably hurt his stock more than it helped once all our bigs died.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of UW basketball since Upshaw sold the couch, but NWG's numbers have been pretty good except for the Arizona game. The Oregon State game was also pretty bad. He had 31 a couple of weeks ago. He's getting 6 assists on a team that can't shoot with one semi decent big. He's still pretty good and is getting lumped in with the rest of the dreckfest team.

I think it's a dumb move if he leaves early and he needs to work on his shot, but he's a good player. Romar's horrible recruiting has left this team playing with Kemp as the only serviceable big guy. Kemp can't rebound or defend either.

It's premature to say NWG will or won't play in the NBA.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Forget the shot, his speed and quickness tells me that this is the area he needs to improve the most on to play in the NBA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Forget the shot, his speed and quickness tells me that this is the area he needs to improve the most on to play in the NBA.
    That will always limit NWG's NBA potential. He can only improve his speed and quickness so much. If he was a really good shooter with his floater, he would be a much better player.
  • Options
    Some have it some don't..... If NWG had Wroten's athletic ability he would be an All Star, and if Wroten had. NWG's heart and intelligence, well..... Fact is against Arizona's NBA guards, NWG looked horrible, and I assume he would look just as bad in NBA camps. Maybe he gets better in two years, he's only a sophomore, but right now the NBA should tell him fuck no, get your degree kid, make the most out of college
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some have it some don't..... If NWG had Wroten's athletic ability he would be an All Star, and if Wroten had. NWG's heart and intelligence, well..... Fact is against Arizona's NBA guards, NWG looked horrible, and I assume he would look just as bad in NBA camps. Maybe he gets better in two years, he's only a sophomore, but right now the NBA should tell him fuck no, get your degree kid, make the most out of college

The only thing that negates this is NWG excelled on the USA team that was loaded worth talent.
  • Options
    Big difference between men and Boys at the NBA level
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2015

I agree he isn't ready for the NBA, but I don't buy that he's not good enough to play well against top college competition. One bad game is a very small sample size. He has played very well against top competition before.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Big difference between men and Boys at the NBA level

Agreed, but it refutes your poont about Arizona's guards, who aren't any better than the guys he was playing with and against for Team USA.