Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"False Temp Data Biggest Science Scandal Ever" London Telegraph

2»

Comments

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

d2d said:

In 1977 I attended an evening lecture at UW regarding the immediate coming of the next ice age. The speakers told us that virtually all scientists agreed, that it was unavoidable, and would start covering most of North America by 1990.

Sometimes pPeople like to gin up controversy so they receive perpetual grants from the government to study the bullshit they brought up. That's what they to do.

But am I still Jesus?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,244
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    d2d said:

d2d said:

In 1977 I attended an evening lecture at UW regarding the immediate coming of the next ice age. The speakers told us that virtually all scientists agreed, that it was unavoidable, and would start covering most of North America by 1990.

Sometimes pPeople like to gin up controversy so they receive perpetual grants from the government to study the bullshit they brought up. That's what they to do.

But am I still Jesus?
    What you posted was accurate. People whose incomes rely on research grants can and do get caught up in the business of procuring grants by whatever means necessary and can be amenable to working to conclusions that benefit the grantor(s). It's a real problem that is rarely questioned when the cause is primarily supported by those left of center.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

d2d said:

d2d said:

But am I still Jesus?
    What you posted was accurate. People whose incomes rely on research grants can and do get caught up in the business of procuring grants by whatever means necessary and can be amenable to working to conclusions that benefit the grantor(s). It's a real problem that is rarely questioned when the cause is primarily supported by those left of center.
    Yes so let's believe politicians that are bought off by corporations. And corporations who want to pollute. Over actual scientists.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

d2d said:

Sometimes people like to gin up controversy so they receive grants from the government to study the bullshit they brought up. That's what they like to do.

Jesus you are old
    I'm surprised you are surprised.
    Im not surprised you had nothing to bring to the argument amongst these two idiots.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2015

The heliocentric universe and I had a good chuckle at this.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

d2d said:

Sometimes people like to gin up controversy so they receive grants from the government to study the bullshit they brought up. That's what they like to do.

Jesus you are old
    I'm surprised you are surprised.
    Im not surprised you had nothing to bring to the argument amongst these two idiots.
    I brought the popcorn.

HTH
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

But am I still Jesus?
    Yes so let's believe politicians that are bought off by corporations. And corporations who want to pollute. Over actual scientists.
    You need subjects and verbs to make sentences.
  • Options
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

But am I still Jesus?
    You need subjects and verbs to make sentences.
    Death has realized he has no argument and becomes grammar superiority guy.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,956
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

Yet another straw man argument...you seem to be good at that. Its naïve to think anyone doesn't have a vested interest on either side...one of the reasons I give Steve McIntyre credit. He was a statistician who wasn't vested. Say what you want about scientists, but Mann and Hansen are complete frauds.

• Options

2001400ex said:

Yet another straw man argument...you seem to be good at that. Its naïve to think anyone doesn't have a vested interest on either side...one of the reasons I give Steve McIntyre credit. He was a statistician who wasn't vested. Say what you want about scientists, but Mann and Hansen are complete frauds.

Did you read what that was in response to? So mine is a straw man argument but southern dawgs isn't? Awesome.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Corporations "want" to pollute?

Corporations don't employ scientists?

Professors don't gin up research to match their thesis to ensure continued funding?

hmmm....
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,956
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2015
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Did you read what that was in response to? So mine is a straw man argument but southern dawgs isn't? Awesome.
    Yes. You invented an argument to make a false point. He didn't say anything about corporations and politicians...he said (in effect) scientists are currently predisposed to find research to "validate" global warming because science dollars are in effect issued based on it. Corporations aren't issuing the grant money...government and environmental groups are. They issue grant money on things like the impact of cow flatulence on global warming, and low and behold somebody takes the money, studies it, and finds it has an impact and they need more money to study it further. Same with the impact of CO2 on temps (which has diverged completely the last 20 years...go look at the models vs. the actual temperature data, even the "adjusted" ones).

"Science"

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

But am I still Jesus?
    Other things corporations want to do.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Awesome
    I like to get my news and information from comics. Cause that's what I like to do.
    Bet you like this one.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Oh EX you have been thoroughly beaten down . Tommyfag, get out your torch-dragon. it's actually applicable this time.. Good chit houston.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Oh EX you have been thoroughly beaten down . Tommyfag, get out your torch-dragon. it's actually applicable this time.. Good chit houston.

The dragon is just for you, cutie ;)
  • Options

Yeah it was the third comic that did it.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

2001400ex said:

d2d said:

d2d said:

But am I still Jesus?
    Other things corporations want to do.

Grundle ... why do you advocate for the killing of migrating birds?
  • Options
    meanwhile, back at Free World Headquarters...