Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawks' agreement with Texas A&M for 12th Man expiring

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This insanely absurd... Aggies not comfortable with it?

Bigger things to worry about.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    Aggies are welcome to have all the 12s.

Seriously though, TAMU is coming across as more FS than the 12s. There was a news segment about this last night and how important "Ther 12th Man" is to the Aggies.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I expect SEA to leverage a cheap license renewal, or just say FOaTm. The only two facts of consequence in the story are (1) that SEA is already working on TM'ing other variations on "12" and (2) that aTm also has a licensing agreement with BUF. Neither fact bespeaks much negotiating strength for aTm.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    That A&M is calling the 12th man a "call to service" and about serving "community and country" is such revisionist history. It's about a guy that came out of the stands to play a fucking football game in the 20's and walk-on's playing special teams. The fact that she referred to it as "protecting the brand" automatically invalidates reverence to a concept, that's money talk.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    13th Man, trademarks Seattle Seahawks 2014
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Does Seattle even do anything with "the 12th man" anymore? All I see and hear is the number 12, "12's" and "12th fan" as in jerseys. Pretty sure the Hooks wouldn't even need to extend the agreement.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club

Paul Allen should just buy TAMU and turn it into a feeder school for the Huskies.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Except for the fact that Paul Allen is a fucking Cuog...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I've never completely understood the trademarking of the "12th man" trademarking because in my mind it is highly generic ... but whatever.

I'd love to hear from a make believe trademark lawyer that can speak to whether or not the generic use of the number 12 would create damages.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I've never completely understood the trademarking of the "12th man" trademarking because in my mind it is highly generic ... but whatever.

I'd love to hear from a make believe trademark lawyer that can speak to whether or not the generic use of the number 12 would create damages.

Agreed. It would be like UW copyrighting the wave.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Paul Allen should just buyburn TAMU.

FTFY
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Yeah the 12th man used all around the world. It's a general term to call fans in general. Making it a trademark and the official name of your fans is kinda silly.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2015
    Ship the 12's to College Station........problem solved. The students will then enjoy a working raise to about $15.00/hr. Everybody wins
  • Options

Ship the 12's to College Station........problem solved. The students will then enjoy a working raise to about $15.00/hr. Everybody wins

Can't wait to see the #Bonfire #twelfies.

Jenga!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    dnc said:

Jenga!
    I don't live in Washington, so I'm not a 'Hawks fan, but those that are, does shit like this, make you reconsider your allegiance? These people have to be a special level of stupid.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Jenga!
    I don't live in Washington, so I'm not a 'Hawks fan, but those that are, does shit like this, make you reconsider your allegiance? These people have to be a special level of stupid.
    Do these guys make you reconsider your allegiance?

I root for the team, not the fans. Every team I've ever rooted for has had idiot fans.

FMFYFE
    I won't lie, sometimes................
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I get the trademarking of the "12th man" or more appropriately the use of the phrase "home of the 12th man" but the use of the generic "12" shouldn't be a trademark at all.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've trademarked the use of air. I make a lot of money.