Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

KG on Joyner's recruitment

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    If this turns into the Great Eason Schism of 2015 so be it I guess, but he's still just another kid until he gets out on the practice field in 2015 2016 2017.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    That list looks awfully similar to Nick Montana's. I was out of the loop with Eason and never really heard of him until DeYoung splooged about him on here months ago.

Upon further research, he clearly is a top prospect in the country, but what was the deal with him not being offered by UW? Was he offered by Sark and then UW didn't honor the offer once the coaching change occurred? Just seams strange if Sark was down to offer a 13 year old but not a more immediate class All-everything in his own backyard. Pretty strange of Pete to not honor it too.

I guess the question I have with Eason is how did his early recruitment breakdown and how did Georgia grab him so securely of all the schools?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    @Dennis_DeYoung Has anyone really ever put on the board that maybe pete doesn't see eason fitting what he wants to do with a team? My point has been peterson is successful by not only recruiting a certain kid mentally, he also recruits for a position that will succeed in a system he runs. I wonder if there is something about eason that they didn't like and it took a while to come around. Maybe they gave the courtesy offer fully knowing he wouldn't take it?

I'm not going to sit here and say I know anything about eason vs fink and who's that much better. I would just wonder if pete had a strategy on it from teh get go. he doesn't seem like the type to wait on a kid who he really wants.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Eason has been known by the former BOISE STATE coach since long before he arrived at UW. Time to let the skinny one go to Georgia and be happy with who Pete brings us
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited February 2015

@Dennis_DeYoung Has anyone really ever put on the board that maybe pete doesn't see eason fitting what he wants to do with a team? My point has been peterson is successful by not only recruiting a certain kid mentally, he also recruits for a position that will succeed in a system he runs. I wonder if there is something about eason that they didn't like and it took a while to come around. Maybe they gave the courtesy offer fully knowing he wouldn't take it?

I'm not going to sit here and say I know anything about eason vs fink and who's that much better. I would just wonder if pete had a strategy on it from teh get go. he doesn't seem like the type to wait on a kid who he really wants.

Pete offered him after he saw him throw in person. HTH.

So if he didn't make some sort of huge effort to go see him in person, doesn't that lead you to believe there is more to it than just coming in that late?

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

So if he didn't make some sort of huge effort to go see him in person, doesn't that lead you to believe there is more to it than just coming in that late?

Honestly, no.

It's a weird narrative to spin that WDWHA given that Pete told Eason they wanted to see him in person first and that was going to be in their camp or whatever it was... then the saw that, offered him immediately and now WDWHA?

They didn't make a huge effort to go see Austin Joyner in person either... because there are no games to 'see' them in in the Spring.

Occam's Razor, yo.
    You follow this shit far more than most on this board(or seem more obsessed about poasting than others), so I was merely asking. I got no dog in the fight. Except I want browning to be god so I don't have to watch cyler throw one more deflated pigskin in a husky uni.

Maybe pete makes up ground on eason, but either way it's going to be interesting
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330

Honestly, no.

It's a weird narrative to spin that WDWHA given that Pete told Eason they wanted to see him in person first and that was going to be in their camp or whatever it was... then the saw that, offered him immediately and now WDWHA?

They didn't make a huge effort to go see Austin Joyner in person either... because there are no games to 'see' them in in the Spring.

Occam's Razor, yo.
    I don't think it's a weird narrative to spin at all. I think @FreeChavez is on to something. I believe there is more to it than the info we're privy to. That doesn't mean that WDWHA. It means Petersen had more reservations about Eason than just seeing him throw in person (which is what I believe). That's obviously what they tell the recruit in that situation, but I'd be willing to bet that they used that as an excuse to basically do a background check. That's just my 2 cents.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Kim really likes Sark and irrationally defends him. Kim dislikes Pete and irrationally criticizes him.

That's what it is.

Kim got rumors, gossip, and "inside info" from Sark and his staff. Kim is like a high school girl. Kim loves that kind of shit. Therefore, Kim really likes (and wants to suck on) Sark.

Kim doesn't get rumors, gossip, or "inside info" from Pete and his staff. Pete even laughs at Kim when he asks stupid fucking questions about access and how good new recruits are. Kim hates that because now the entire Husky community sees what a fraud Kim really is. Therefore, Kim hates Pete.
    Stop twisting. Kim says that subscriptions are going to go UP because the lack of access to the public means more doogs will be thirsty for "inside info" from the LPT. Sounds like a great business plan by Kim, just need to figure out that "inside info" part first..
  • ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    This whole thing is weird to me. I've watched some pretty good high school QBs, but Eason is the only one that completely blew me away, and the game I watched him play was when he was a soph. He was throwing rockets all over the field, and I about shit my pants when I looked at the program and saw he was that young. It doesn't take long to see that he has superlative talent.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,613 Founders Club
    Coaches are not infallible. That's my contribution. I never have gone for the old trust the coaches you're just a boner in your sweatpants loser in mom's basement even though that's true.

But Petermen gets to do it his way. He's earned that. He may think he blew it, he may think I had my reason, he may have tried and failed. Either way Eason is going to win enough games to almost win something big at Georgia but fall just short because Richt.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

"I talk to the coaches, you don't. Do you have any idea what the coaches are saying about Keith Price? There is no way Keith Price will ever beat out Nick Montana."

- Kim Grinolds to Derek Johnson in conversation, November 2010

Just what he's hearing.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

"I talk to the coaches, you don't. Do you have any idea what the coaches are saying about Keith Price? There is no way Keith Price will ever beat out Nick Montana."

- Kim Grinolds to Derek Johnson in conversation, November 2010

Derek this is coaching, grown men change their minds all the time. They were down on Price before they weren't. You also probably thought Baker was going to decommit from Oregon.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    For the record, I was standing next to Skinny, his Dad, Taylor Barton and another Barton trainer, a former Husky LB whose name escapes me. They were happy Peterman had just called him or visited him or something but, he had his heart set on Georgia. All Peterman could do was get Skinny to withhold a public announcement to Georgia and give it more time.