Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Swoon

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

If Mora is splitting hairs over 3 million and 4 million he was an idiot. Dream job versus an extra million bucks???? Dream job wins every time

The Huskies weren't offering $3 million. Of that I'm sure.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

jecornel said:

If Mora is splitting hairs over 3 million and 4 million he was an idiot. Dream job versus an extra million bucks???? Dream job wins every time

They could afford to give Corky $1.75 when his market value was maybe a mill, but they couldn't find another $1.25 for the one man who could unite the fanbase?

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

You forget, he had a CONTRACT!! Sarkasm aside, a difference of 1 million wasn't the only consideration because of the contract and more importantly, Mora's principles kept him from reneging on the Seahawks.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IMALOSER_ said:

When Sark fails, Hugh will blame Ty(0-12), Price and injuries.

Hugh has shown with his Russell Wilson stance he's very racist. He doesn't like to admit he's wrong.

When Sark goes 7-6 make no bones about it the Doogs will unfairly blame it all on Price.

Hopefully the big boosters won't do the same as ultimately their opinion matters more than ours and Hugh's

Fixed a couple of sentences for you. Please re-read the script. Thanks in advance.
    You still don't understand what the script is???

Christ.
  • Options

jecornel said:

So the Huskies "offered" him the job but didn't really offer him the job because they knew they were being too cheap to get him?

Fire Woodward now.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

So the Huskies "offered" him the job but didn't really offer him the job because they knew they were being too cheap to get him?

Fire Woodward now.
    That's been my take all along. Offer a year late and a couple million short and all the SF14FS doogs give him credit and blame Mora.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HuskyJW said:

I thought Derek said Mora was offered the job and he turned it down....no????

He was never offered because he had a CONTRACT!
    You are full of more shit than the row of porta potties in the Zone.
  • Options

jecornel said:

They could afford to give Corky $1.75 when his market value was maybe a mill, but they couldn't find another $1.25 for the one man who could unite the fanbase?

That's why I said at the time that the Huskies managed to go cheap (by not spending enough money to get an actual coach) and overpay (by giving Corky at least $500k more than he deserved) at the same time.

One of Woodward's more impressive accomplishments to date.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

jecornel said:

That's why I said at the time that the Huskies managed to go cheap (by not spending enough money to get an actual coach) and overpay (by giving Corky at least $500k more than he deserved) at the same time.

Reminds me of the Mariners how they'll pass on a super star in FA over an extra 2-3 million but then overpay some middle of the road guy like a Figgins.

Instead of having a high price assistant coaching staff why not use that extra money to hire a REAL head coach then you wouldn't have to worry about all the assistants.

The whole mishandling of the Mora situation in 2007 still pisses me off and judging by his recruiting UCLA is going to go on a big run starting in 2014.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2013

jecornel said:

Reminds me of the Mariners how they'll pass on a super star in FA over an extra 2-3 million but then overpay some middle of the road guy like a Figgins.

Instead of having a high price assistant coaching staff why not use that extra money to hire a REAL head coach then you wouldn't have to worry about all the assistants.

The whole mishandling of the Mora situation in 2007 still pisses me off and judging by his recruiting UCLA is going to go on a big run starting in 2014.
    2014 will be special, I hear Mora has a tough schedule in 2013.......Broog!!!!!