Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Swoon

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9567693/can-ucla-keep-momentum-going#footnoteref2

"We're so young. We only have 13 seniors on the roster. John Wooden always said he'd take talent over experience any day. As long as you've got the right guys, and they are talented, and they are committed, and they care, and you can teach them quickly and you ask them to do the right things and don't try to make them do things they're not capable of, or overload them, then you have a chance. So I'm banking on that."

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Keep momentum???

After the Baylor debacle???

Article must have been written by a Broon!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Had Emmert not been a spineless pussy looking to LEAVE! for another job. We would have had Mora back in 2008 and I believe we would have played in a BCS game by now and looking for another one.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought Derek said Mora was offered the job and he turned it down....no????
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyJW said:

That bullshit rumor has been debunked.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

He was never offered because he had a CONTRACT!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

He was offered in November 2008, but not December 2007 when it really counted.
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

I thought the November 2008 offer rumor had been debunked as bullshit too.
  • Options
    Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

No, he was absolutely offered in November 2008. That was 100% verified.
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

Offered for real with a fucking contract and everything, or the soft "Hey Jim, would you like the job?"

Also, what were the odds he would accept anyway when he was busy waiting for Holmgren to die/retire anyway? Did they offer more than $4 million?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

HuskyJW said:

One year too late. We all fucking knew it in 2007.

On the Husky postgame show after Oregon 2007 I said they had to can Tyrone then bc they wouldn't be able to get Mora a year later. Great foresight from those in charge.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    We all know that the cake, and not pie, was the deal breaker.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    as we all know pie > cake, and it's not even close
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2013

HuskyJW said:

Offered for real with a fucking contract and everything, or the soft "Hey Jim, would you like the job?"

Also, what were the odds he would accept anyway when he was busy waiting for Holmgren to die/retire anyway? Did they offer more than $4 million?
    If I was told the dollar amount I don't recall it now; it might be in my old Bow Down to Willingham notes. But he was offered the job. Mora and Hugh Millen talked about it at length together. Hugh said to Mora what the HHBs were saying all along... That if he stuck with the Seahawks he would make way more money up front but face a quicker firing if he didn't meet expectations. On the other hand, he knew (and Hugh emphasized to Mora) that in the long run he could end up making more money at Washington and be here for 20 years, at his dream job. In the end, Mora felt like the loyalty and opportunity shown to him by the Seahawks was something he couldn't turn his back on.

Later, after he'd been fired, he felt he made a mistake.

All that being said, it's important to stress that Hugh has been a huge supporter of Sark and he told me that Sark was doing everything he would want in a Husky coach and Hugh remained very excited about the future.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

HuskyJW said:

If I was told the dollar amount I don't recall it now; it might be in my old Bow Down to Willingham notes. But he was offered the job. Mora and Hugh Millen talked about it at length together. Hugh said to Mora what the HHBs were saying all along... That if he stuck with the Seahawks he would make way more money up front but face a quicker firing if he didn't meet expectations. On the other hand, he knew (and Hugh emphasized to Mora) that in the long run he could end up making more money at Washington and be here for 20 years, at his dream job. In the end, Mora felt like the loyalty and opportunity shown to him by the Seahawks was something he couldn't turn his back on.

Later, after he'd been fired, he felt he made a mistake.

All that being said, it's important to stress that Hugh has been a huge supporter of Sark and he told me that Sark was doing everything he would want in a Husky coach and Hugh remained very excited about the future.

Hugh's reasons have to be personal. He won't mention his nerd machine on coaches which probably forecasts a poor return from Sark at this point.

If we lose to Boise or Arizona or really ugly to Oregon, on the postgame show I'll call up and say, "Hugh, you got to see Sark coaching in the new stadium. Isn't that what you wanted?"
  • Options
    If Sark fails, Hugh will blame Ty(0-12), Price and injuries.

Hugh has shown with his Russell Wilson stance he's very stubborn. He doesn't like to admit he's wrong.

If Sark goes 8-5 or worse make no bones about it the Doogs will unfairly blame it all on Price.

Hopefully the big boosters won't do the same as ultimately their opinion matters more than ours and Hugh's
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2013

When Sark fails, Hugh will blame Ty(0-12), Price and injuries.

Hugh has shown with his Russell Wilson stance he's very racist. He doesn't like to admit he's wrong.

When Sark goes 7-6 make no bones about it the Doogs will unfairly blame it all on Price.

Hopefully the big boosters won't do the same as ultimately their opinion matters more than ours and Hugh's

Fixed a couple of sentences for you. Please re-read the script. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

Hugh has shown with his Russell Wilson stance he's very racist. He doesn't like to admit he's wrong.

When Sark goes 7-6 make no bones about it the Doogs will unfairly blame it all on Price.

Fixed a couple of sentences for you. Please re-read the script. Thanks in advance.
    I know you're being Sarkastic but posts like this show they're may be hope for you on this bored.

• Options

IMALOSER_ said:

I know you're being Sarkastic but posts like this show they're may be hope for you on this bored.

Agreed that was a good post. Gotta give credit where it's due.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,550
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2013
    If Mora is splitting hairs over 3 million and 4 million he was an idiot. Dream job versus an extra million bucks???? Dream job wins every time