Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give it 25 years

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Can't wait for the Oklahoma City Seahawks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to this team in the next few years. They laid a turd of epic proportions tonight. They gave away a pivotal game in franchise history. Win and you're talked about as the new dynasty team. Wilson is considered elite, etc. Lose in this manner and you're a fucking zero. Now, everyone is going to gargle Patriot sack and Brady will be forever mentioned with the likes of Montana. The Hawks could have totally pissed on that parade with a win.

Will the team bounce back and respond well in 2015 or will they start sliding into mediocrity? I'm not trying to be a chicken little here. Carroll can coach. But, he really needs to go to work and address the missing pieces and weak links in his team. He needs to develop a better OL. He's going to have to replace Quinn. He may also have to do something about Bevell. Can Carroll keep this thing going or is he going to start fizzling out?

They fucking missed BIG tonight. That was just one of the worst possible losses for a team. What a steamer...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Russell was the real deal tonight. He wins the MVP if BevellFS doesn't decide to ignore Lynch with two downs to score from the one. The Pats offensive game plan was as good as it gets, though. They ripped apart that man coverage and went underneath the whole game.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Many of us will be shaking our heads over that play call for a long time.

In all my years of watching football, I've never seen a game like the NFCCG two weeks ago, followed by one of the worst coog-its, ever.

I'll remember this Super Bowl for the rest of my life... and for the worst reason. That one play really fucked up what was actually a really good game.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    When the Hawks got up by 10 it seemed like it was gonna be over... Gotta give the Pats credit for scoring 2 TD's against the #1 Defense during that 2nd half. Brady worked the inexperienced corner to get that last TD. Wilson showed some balls driving them down to the 1 yd line with 2 min left. Shitty outcome after that. Good fucking game though. Hawks have a solid team and organization and it seems like this is Pete's last stop. That ending will sting for 25+ years...
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'll be drinking wine coolers for the next decade to get this out of my system. These chances are far and few between

Nonetheless, perspective is needed, you should of seen what we grew up with. Sandmeyer is pissing off a lot of (new?) 12's tonight
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This team will be fine. The core is young, Carroll is a great coach and Wilson is a world class leader.

They had this game won having relied on a guy who barely made the roster (Matthews) and having significant injuries on the DL (Mebane, Hill & Avril going out was huge).

The OL is young and will be better next year. They need to add to DL depth but desperately need to find a legit #1 WR.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'll be drinking wine coolers for the next decade to get this out of my system. These chances are far and few between

Nonetheless, perspective is needed, you should of seen what we grew up with. Sandmeyer is pissing off a lot of (new?) 12's tonight

I started watching the Seahawks back in 1983/1984. I'm quite familiar with disappointment.

It's great to play in the SB, but not okay to totally shit the bed like that. Like you said, opportunities like this don't come along very often. When you're there and are in position to win, you just can't fuck it up like that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I started watching the Seahawks back in 1983/1984. I'm quite familiar with disappointment.

It's great to play in the SB, but not okay to totally shit the bed like that. Like you said, opportunities like this don't come along very often. When you're there and are in position to win, you just can't fuck it up like that.
    Totally shitting the bed is what the Broncos did last year, no? This was an epic disaster at the end, but it's not the kind you can't recover from. The last heartbreaking season ending loss this team had they busted ass all offseason and came out and dominated the league and won their first title. I expect the same this offseason. 14-2 and a Super Bowel that doesn't come down to one terrible playcall.

Book it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    No one goes back-to-back-to-back to the superbowel... Way too hard nowadays. Maybe back in the jim kelly era but not now.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    If they can three-Pete (hardy har har & tee hee hee), that'll be a monumental achievement.

I suppose if they can put together a good OL and secure Lynch, they'll be in good shape. They also need to get Mebane & Hill back 100% healthy. The TE position has been sucking ass, too. I like Willson, but he wasn't a factor tonight. He's not a typical TE anyway.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    They could use a solid WR corp... Fuck... They had to rely on a kid who had never caught a NFL pass for christ sake. If Kearse makes that sideline catch in the 3rd they kick a FG and probably win.
  • Options
    LaZoris said:

They could use a solid WR corp... Fuck... They had to rely on a kid who had never caught a NFL pass for christ sake. If Kearse makes that sideline catch in the 3rd they kick a FG and probably win.

As soon as it happened I said "if New England comes back and wins this game that play will be the reason why." Seattle had all the momentum. He catches that, they score a TD, go up 17 and it's game over. Huge drop. That and the missed interference when dude reached out and tripped Lockette to force the three and out were the two forgotten huge plays. But of course all we're going to remember is Darrell going full Bevelltard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LaZoris said:

No one goes back-to-back-to-back to the superbowel... Way too hard nowadays. Maybe back in the jim kelly era but not now.

The Pats did it. Broncos, too.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Fuck... I still can't believe Kearse didn't catch that. Probably would have been the dagger.
  • Options
    LaZoris said:

Fuck... I still can't believe Kearse didn't catch that. Probably would have been the dagger.

"I catch them when they matter".

That one mattered Kearse.

Next year let's just catch them all, mmmkay?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

Butler made a pretty good play there too. He got his arm in there after the ball hit Kearse in the hands. He did just enough to cause Kearse to drop the ball.

The other huge 3rd down conversion was where Wilson threw an incomplete pass towards Lynch. Granted, the ball was deeper in their own territory, whereas Kearse's catch would have been on the Pats' side of the field.
  • Options

LaZoris said:

Butler made a pretty good play there too. He got his arm in there after the ball hit Kearse in the hands. He did just enough to cause Kearse to drop the ball.

The other huge 3rd down conversion was where Wilson threw an incomplete pass towards Lynch. Granted, the ball was deeper in their own territory, whereas Kearse's catch would have been on the Pats' side of the field.
    You're right, that one where Lynch slowed down was a killer too. Not sure if Russell still would have overthrown him had he been running full speed, but I think the pass had a chance if Lynch didn't cut off the route.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

LaZoris said:

Neither of those teams ever went to three straight Superb Owls. Both teams that did it are from the AFC, but the Broncos and Pats are not among them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

LaZoris said:

Neither of those teams ever went to three straight Superb Owls. Both teams that did it are from the AFC, but the Broncos and Pats are not among them.
    I can't read.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They have a good young core but it's hard to get back. I will curse Bevell until they win another one. I literally cursed the Steelers for years after SB 40.