Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

East Coast Bias Is Alive And Well

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2015 in NFL Talk
This is a 12 post of the day, but most pundits are picking NE. Every mmqb.com (Peter Stooge King's website) writer picked NE. I just don't see it. I understand some picking the Patriots, but all of them? I think it's going to be a fun day.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/31/super-bowl-xlix-the-mmqb-predictions/

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I want the Seahawks to win, just so the players can mock the pundits. I have disdain for the media, in general, but sports media types are the worst. They are picking the Patriots, mostly because they have been a dynasty. Are they a good team? Of course. But, I agree with you that they are being picked because of their reputation, Belichick, and Brady.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I read all the "expert" picks on ESPN.com. I thought they were like 3/5 for the Patriots. I went back and counted and there was actually like four more that picked the Hawks. Guess I'm more of a Hook than I want to admit.

Tomorrow could be fun. Or not. Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wow. Get your homer on. Every. Single. One. Picked NE.

Maybe it is easier for east coast media to pick NE in case they lose.... they can always re-link this dreck and promote their homerness....

Or....

They think Seattle is SE Alaska like most of the world.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I knew King would pick NE. King is good to the Hawks but he always picks NE for everything.

Fine to pick NE but 31 points? NE has a worse offense than GB who managed only 22 points with the benefit of 5 turnovers.

Basically all these pundits reason that NE has Tom Brady and SEA's WRs suck. NE's offense doesn't matchup well and NE's run defense is mediocre.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You mean like Superb Owl 48 ;)
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,525
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Might as well not even play the game.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The seahooks could win 12 in a row and the pundits would still pick against them. Water remains wet
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I cant fucking wait
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,859
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NE's white possesion receivers aren't exactly scary.

Always about the whites
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Apparently the media thinks this is a neutral site game.

Not the case.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Always about the whites

No racist crap.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

This. D Thomas, Decker, Welker, and J Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edelmann, Amendola, LaFell, Gronk, and it's not close. Gronk is a better TE than Thomas but NE's WRs are way worse. Brady and Manning are about the same, but Brady is more composed in big games. NE's line is worse than Denver's. Add that up, and the Pats aren't going to score much. Revis and Browner are going to make life difficult for the Hawk's receivers, but no one else on that defense scares me. I don't think they can stop Lynch. I feel more confident this year than I did last year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This. D Thomas, Decker, Welker, and J Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edelmann, Amendola, LaFell, Gronk, and it's not close. Gronk is a better TE than Thomas but NE's WRs are way worse. Brady and Manning are about the same, but Brady is more composed in big games. NE's line is worse than Denver's. Add that up, and the Pats aren't going to score much. Revis and Browner are going to make life difficult for the Hawk's receivers, but no one else on that defense scares me. I don't think they can stop Lynch. I feel more confident this year than I did last year.
    You want this one @tierbshsotboobs?

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,859
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I just watched some of NFL Matchup and they exposed some of the picks and switches that fooled the Seahawks. I just don't see that working with two full weeks to prepare. Sure it might work for a couple of intermediate gains but Brady isn't going to throw for 400 yds or anything like that.

Don't underestimate sneaky Pete's revenge factor either. It may have been 15 years since he was fired, but you don't forget that and he's going to want to stick it to Kraft.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Slippery Pete ftw.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You may fool the Hawks once or twice ... But they will adjust and burn you right back
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

Im one of those people who believes in NFC physicality and speed. NE is a soft AFC pussy team that is going to get punched in the mouth over and over until they tap

Early nominee for best Gif of they year award.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2015

This is a 12 post of the day, but most pundits are picking NE. Every mmqb.com (Peter Stooge King's website) writer picked NE. I just don't see it. I understand some picking the Patriots, but all of them? I think it's going to be a fun day.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/31/super-bowl-xlix-the-mmqb-predictions/

Agreed. Much like the national media was in love with manning last year, they're in love with the pats this year.

The concern is that the Seahawks come out and shit the bed like they did against green bay. An "it's all good we'll find a way out of this hole" attitude won't work against brady. Seahawks are a second half team, but the first half can't be a complete dreck fest.

Come out strong and focused from the beginning.