Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lincoln's Dehonta Hayes: A Gem being Overlooked?

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty simple really Chrissysen, you don't know what the f*** you're looking for

LOL. If you've been lurking here Christianson, you'll understand this is pretty much a compliment.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2015
    Not a compliment. Been following recruiting for 27 years, every year people bring up local players that should be offered. When a uw coach is at every game watching Lincoln, and the kid doesnt get offered, its pretty clear the player isnt good enough for UW's standards. Not a slam, just reality. Sure there's a marcus trufant miss every once in awhile, but not often.

I dont count Sark's years because there were several, but Peter doesnt strike me as a coach to let and under recruited kid escape the state. Could Leiato be that guy? No because he wasnt underrecruited.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Pretty simple really Chrissysen, you don't know what the f*** you're looking for

Now little puppy, play nice with jimmy.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not a compliment. Been following recruiting for 27 years, every year people bring up local players that should be offered. When a uw coach is at every game watching Lincoln, and the kid doesnt get offered, its pretty clear the player isnt good enough for UW's standards. Not a slam, just reality. Sure there's a marcus trufant miss every once in awhile, but not often.

I dont count Sark's years because there were several, but Peter doesnt strike me as a coach to let and under recruited kid escape the state. Could Leiato be that guy? No because he wasnt underrecruited.

Your point is well-taken. I don't pretend to know who was at the games, watching and looking for whom. And I have talked to D1 coaches while on the sideline. They were mostly there for the kids with the biggest headlines. If headlines were a predictor of college success, then Paul Arnold would've had four 1,000 rushing seasons and Mario Bailey would have been a decent role-playing 3rd down receiver.

Again, I go back to my main point. If there's Pac12 commits on the field and yet the best player on the field is Dehonta, then that causes me to think that he can probably hang with them at the next level. Of course some players' high school games don't translate to the next level. I understand that, too. Or a player might flourish in a high school system that is just that...a high school system. It's just that in this case I saw Dehonta excel at all facets of the game against multiple D1 players. I don't know how you can flippantly dismiss that. But, if any of us here could predict what players were going to be D1 stars with 100% accuracy, then we could command any salary we wanted from any D1 team in the country.

I'm not sure what the posters in here mean by what I'm "looking for". I don't "look for" anything. I just cover games and shoot them like KOMO or KING 5's cameramen do. And I'm just writing about what I have observed first hand, and offering my opinion. Nothing more.
    Protip: don't waste your time trying to explain things to puppy.

He's basically a grown man with a retard brain.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Plss you should stay off the recruiting board. Let the semi-sane, socially functional have this as a respite from your village idiot act.
  • Options
    JamesChristiansonJamesChristianson Member Posts: 45
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Testing 1

Watch at 7:24 of the highlights of the game (2nd video). A player on Lincoln drops a pick and the ref calls it a fumble that Lincoln returns for a score. I wish Lincoln would have won the game, but that was probably the worst call I have ever seen.

I wish the best for Dehonta too. I hope you get the Pac 12 offer, but you have some pretty good offers to be grateful for. The NFL is full of players that went to smaller schools.

I went to Lincoln's signing assembly today and asked Marcus Johnson about that play. He said it looked to him like it was a straight pass, not forward or back, which, of course makes it a free ball.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Watch at 7:24 of the highlights of the game (2nd video). A player on Lincoln drops a pick and the ref calls it a fumble that Lincoln returns for a score. I wish Lincoln would have won the game, but that was probably the worst call I have ever seen.

I wish the best for Dehonta too. I hope you get the Pac 12 offer, but you have some pretty good offers to be grateful for. The NFL is full of players that went to smaller schools.

I went to Lincoln's signing assembly today and asked Marcus Johnson about that play. He said it looked to him like it was a straight pass, not forward or back, which, of course makes it a free ball.
    Yeah, after Doogles pointed it out to me I looked and saw it was close.
  • Options

Thanks for the tip. It is noteworthy to me that he made a definitive statement and said a UW coach "was at every game watching Lincoln". I'm not sure what his source was for that definitive statement, but multiple reliable sources tell me that UW personnel was only at one game late in the season, and that they offered Dehonta a PWO, and that they recently admitted that they made a mistake by letting him get away. That's why I give more credence to the experts IN the recruiting process, rather than folks who are ostensibly self-proclaimed experts who have merely "been following recruiting" like puppy has. I prefer to make public comment only on that which there's evidence for (reliable sources I consider actual experts on the matter) or my own eye witnessed account of things, which I will still always qualify as merely my opinion based upon what I have seen with my own eyes, and just an opinion.
  • Options

Thanks for the tip. It is noteworthy to me that he made a definitive statement and said a UW coach "was at every game watching Lincoln". I'm not sure what his source was for that definitive statement, but multiple reliable sources tell me that UW personnel was only at one game late in the season, and that they offered Dehonta a PWO, and that they recently admitted that they made a mistake by letting him get away. That's why I give more credence to the experts IN the recruiting process, rather than folks who are ostensibly self-proclaimed experts who have merely "been following recruiting" like puppy has. I prefer to make public comment only on that which there's evidence for (reliable sources I consider actual experts on the matter) or my own eye witnessed account of things, which I will still always qualify as merely my opinion based upon what I have seen with my own eyes, and just an opinion.

The voices in his head are puppy's sources.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    James, thank you. I enjoy reading your work.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @JamesChristianson - Did the kid end up signing? Walk-on? I'm hoping a UW walk-on.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

@JamesChristianson - Did the kid end up signing? Walk-on? I'm hoping a UW walk-on.

Signed with Eastern Washington.

• Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Yep, along with 2 other teammates from Lincoln. He chose the free education over the PWO and wanted the sure thing instead of the risk of not having it all covered.
  • Options
    Good for the kid. The decision makes a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Smart move. Get educated.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Ya puuppysteele is washed up...he Has relegated himself as a shitty poster now about 81% of time with percentage trending upward.

Puppysteele also doesn't know about the games of football or spotting talent. He believes locker to be a great qb.

Enough said about that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyInAZ said:

Walk on at best.

HPOTD
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Walk on at best.

HPOTD
    Not sure your point as the kid chose to sign in a lower division as opposed to with UW as a walk-on. What is surprising is that WSU didn't go after him at the last minute based on the mass exodus of your verbals. Oh, that's right, he's from Washington, and WSU doesn't recruit their home state.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    James, why do you suppose OSU, Boise State. and WSU didn't show interest?... just curious to hear your theory, thanks.