Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fan Podcast: Analysis of Scott Woodward

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
edited August 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Download Here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/HuskyFanPodcastRantWoodward.mp3

The HH forum will enjoy this podcast of ours the most. Topics covered & ranted on:

-Husky Marketing
-Gameday Experience
-Radio Broadcast Team (Damon Huard's conflict of interest in working for Sark & being a color analyst)
-How Woodward Handles Sark's future (Last 12 minutes)

The podcast gets better as it goes along with some rants at the end. Apologies to my co-hosts as the last 2 minutes were cut-off.

Tags: Clown, Mike Stoops, RichRod, Crazy Larry, Damon Huard, Rondeau, Boosters, Sark, Hugh Millen, Macklemore, Grapefruit Balls

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I'm outraged that my comment about having a booster who isn't enjoying a cheeseburger and merlot in the club suites with a wife with a mink coat and Luobiton's was cut out.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

I'm outraged that my comment about having a booster who isn't enjoying a cheeseburger and merlot in the club suites with a wife with a mink coat and Luobiton's was cut out.

Had the same problem as that one time when the file didnt record. I had to stop at 30 minutes and start again and it didnt record. I'll make sure I'm more crisp next time. It was a great comment. The booster shit could be on its own segment where Fleenor would get plenty of mention.
    edited August 2013

Had the same problem as that one time when the file didnt record. I had to stop at 30 minutes and start again and it didnt record. I'll make sure I'm more crisp next time. It was a great comment. The booster shit could be on its own segment where Fleenor would get plenty of mention.

You just need more time. You're a first time podcaster. You're learning on the job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

You just need more time. You're a first time podcaster. You're learning on the job.
    I'm hearing your podcasts are showing some incremental progress and if you don't have any injuries, climate problems, TUFF schedule, and youth this year could be special. If not there is always next year as you are doing podcasts the right way.
    Also just a critique in future podcast refer to Scott Woodward as Pool Boy. It felt weird hearing his actual name on a Husky fan podcast.

Also just a critique in future podcast refer to Scott Woodward as Pool Boy. It felt weird hearing his actual name on a Husky fan podcast.

I fully admit I wasn't around for the pool boy shit, so copying it for the sake of pleasing podcast listeners feels wrong. I appreciate the humor and HHB isms I get from this site, but I don't want to copy them.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

I fully admit I wasn't around for the pool boy shit, so copying it for the sake of pleasing podcast listeners feels wrong. I appreciate the humor and HHB isms I get from this site, but I don't want to copy them.

On top of that, as HeretobeatMyChest would say, a big part of this podcast is that it's not HHB
    Good podcast though guys I can really feel the passion. I agree with Cornell that Sark should have been fired after the WSU game and I really agree with you guys that if Sark wins less than 9 games this year he should be fired.

I have no faith in Pool Boy I know Sark will be back at 7-6 even and be extended at 8-5.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

Good podcast though guys I can really feel the passion. I agree with Cornell that Sark should have been fired after the WSU game and I really agree with you guys that if Sark wins less than 9 games this year he should be fired.

I have no faith in Pool Boy I know Sark will be back at 7-6 even and be extended at 8-5.

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
  • skookumskookum Member Posts: 447

What? I thought Sark was pool boy? I have to consult the glossary again, fuck. It's a bitch having HHB as a second language. Now will someone tell me who Jack Lockner is? Christ I hate being a noob but just wait ima learn to talk all hip, slick and cool... Or not

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sark should have been fired after the Alamo Bowl.

I'm outraged that my comment about having a booster who isn't enjoying a cheeseburger salmon and merlot in the club suites with a wife with a mink coat and Luobiton's was cut out.

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Once you've got all of your own podcasts in, then you'll have 5 more years before you get syndicated and can then be called a success, even if the results are mediocre.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Overall, that was a good effort.

Some observations:

How did you guys not make the obvious connection between the homerism of the broadcast team and UW's efforts under Woodward to push propoganda for the program (hi Gregg Bell!)? You briefly touched on Woodward's connection to it, but didn't notice that Woodward has been the catalyst for these changes.

Sark will get extended if he goes 8-5. You guys are right that he should get the door.ass.out. for 8-5, but it won't happen under Woodward. If Woodward was a REAL AD, he would have fired Sark after the 2012 Apple Cup as you guys mentioned.

Promoting Wilcox to replace Sark is a horrible move, even though he is more qualified than Sark. If you're going to fire Sark, go get the BEST coach available for the job.

Wilcox needs to go be a head coach in the Mountain West.

You guys should do a whole episode ripping the big time boosters like Fleenor who have been so tolerant of this decade of shit tier football. Those boosters should be looking to get rid of Woodward. Also, the big swinging dick boosters rant needed a meatspin reference.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Did I get a shout out?
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    We will need to find a podcast equivalent name for our very own FB's 7 win Steve.

How about the PodFather?

Overall, that was a good effort.

Some observations:

How did you guys not make the obvious connection between the homerism of the broadcast team and UW's efforts under Woodward to push propoganda for the program (hi Gregg Bell!)? You briefly touched on Woodward's connection to it, but didn't notice that Woodward has been the catalyst for these changes.

Sark will get extended if he goes 8-5. You guys are right that he should get the door.ass.out. for 8-5, but it won't happen under Woodward. If Woodward was a REAL AD, he would have fired Sark after the 2012 Apple Cup as you guys mentioned.

Promoting Wilcox to replace Sark is a horrible move, even though he is more qualified than Sark. If you're going to fire Sark, go get the BEST coach available for the job.

Wilcox needs to go be a head coach in the Mountain West.

You guys should do a whole episode ripping the big time boosters like Fleenor who have been so tolerant of this decade of shit tier football. Those boosters should be looking to get rid of Woodward. Also, the big swinging dick boosters rant needed a meatspin reference.

Great point on the homerism.

I think we should definitely do a booster podcast and had that thought at the end of the podcast when we were already out of time and my recording cutoff.

The point about Wilcox is important for anyone on the fence about Sark. They should understand he's not even the best coach or most qualified on his own staff, therefore his mediocrity shouldn't be tolerated.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Da fuck? I thought Sark was pool boy....
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

Did I get a shout out?

I had one prepared but I forgot.