Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone Watch Klay Score 37 Points in The 3rd Quarter?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
9-9 from 3 in the 3rd. The Warriors made the best move of the offseason not trading him for Kevin Love. Love would have taken Draymond Green's minutes too.

I can't see anyone beating the Warriors if they are relatively healthy, even in the loaded West. Too many weapons, too deep. Steve Kerr has made a huge difference. With Mark Jackson, their offense was often stagnant despite having great options. OKC has been very stubborn and stupid keeping Scott Brooks around for so long. Coaching matters, even in the NBA.

In the East, Cleveland is coming along, but I think the Hawks and Bulls are better. I don't think the Hawks are going to only be a good regular season team. They are legit. The Hawks frontcourt would destroy Cleveland's and their role players all fit well. They don't have a superstar, but they have three borderline All Stars, Kyle Korver, and a couple other good role players. They also have a very good coach.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Klay is my favorite Cuog of all time.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Romar dodged a bullet by refusing to offer Klay a scholarship.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Would be interesting for Atlanta to win a title without a true superstar (all nba 1st or 2nd), first since the Pistons? However I have to disagree with @RoadDawg55‌ that their guys aren't all-stars.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Atlanta is the Karl Sonics. They'll crash in the playoffs
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    But who would play the MJ role? Durant's struggling to lock up the eighth seed, Duncan's probably done. Klay and Steph?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Klay is my favorite Cuog of all time.

Why do you hate Popcorn Guy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think so. If they do it will be the Bulls who beat them. The Hawks will score 120 against the Cavs. Their starting line up all averages over 11 per game. Their bigs can pass and knock down jumpers. They have a very good bench too. It's a well put together roster. They make you guard everyone and run the same system as the Spurs.

@ThomasFremont, Horford is an definitely an all star. Teague should be one. He's really underrated, but doesn't have the hype that Irving, Lowry, or Wall do. Millsap is a really good player that is borderline.
  • Options

I don't think so. If they do it will be the Bulls who beat them. The Hawks will score 120 against the Cavs. Their starting line up all averages over 11 per game. Their bigs can pass and knock down jumpers. They have a very good bench too. It's a well put together roster. They make you guard everyone and run the same system as the Spurs.

@ThomasFremont, Horford is an definitely an all star. Teague should be one. He's really underrated, but doesn't have the hype that Irving, Lowry, or Wall do. Millsap is a really good player that is borderline.
    huh?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I el oh el at those that say wait until the Warriors have a shooting slump in the playoffs - how many open shots do they get? They are beatable if Bogut isn't healthy - but very little chance of he is.

East most likely will be Hawks or Bulls - the Wiz are the wild card team
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I el oh el at those that say wait until the Warriors have a shooting slump in the playoffs - how many open shots do they get? They are beatable if Bogut isn't healthy - but very little chance of he is.

East most likely will be Hawks or Bulls - the Wiz are the wild card team

If you see the tape of Klay going god mode in the 3rd qtr, most of those shots were a high level of difficulty. He wasn't just hitting wide open gimme shots. And Curry is an even better shooter. I don't see them both having a shooting slump for long enough to impact a 7 game series.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    I think either the Spurs or Mavericks are going to come out of the west as I don't see anyone beating them. Who cares about the regular season. Just get in and rest your old superstars so they can give you 30-35 minutes in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Superstars win the championships in the NBA because the playoffs are different. Karl always built teams that could win night in and night out but had no one to lead in the playoffs. You need a lead dog. Champions win championships as well. The pool of teams that have won it all is very shallow.

There are Hawks every year. Golden State lost to the Clippers last year. Golden State is better and could win the west if SA is too old. Atlanta will not win the east.

My Cavs are rounding into shape and listening to the best player in the league. I still out my money on them in the east.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Superstars win the championships in the NBA because the playoffs are different. Karl always built teams that could win night in and night out but had no one to lead in the playoffs. You need a lead dog. Champions win championships as well. The pool of teams that have won it all is very shallow.

There are Hawks every year. Golden State lost to the Clippers last year. Golden State is better and could win the west if SA is too old. Atlanta will not win the east.

My Cavs are rounding into shape and listening to the best player in the league. I still out my money on them in the east.

Of course you think LeBron's team is going to win. The Cavs have guys who have never won shit. Get ready for Kevin Love getting bashed and a one way ticket out of Cleveland.

The Superstar mantra is true, but maybe it is changing. San Antonio didn't have a super star last year. Duncan was one. He's still very good, but he's no superstar. Parker and Leonard are All Stars, but not really superstars that would make current top 10 lists. The Spurs were the deepest team and had tons of weapons.

The Hawks are deep. The Cavs won't be able to guard them. Take a screenshot if you need to.

Golden State lost to the Clippers last year because Bogut was out. They are a different team this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SA had a trio of stars with 4 rings proving my point. Kyle Korver will disappear as usual in the playoffs. I pick the Cavs because they have the best player in a bad conference. And he's been to 5 Finals.

Only 6 months to go before we find out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SA had a trio of stars with 4 rings proving my point. Kyle Korver will disappear as usual in the playoffs. I pick the Cavs because they have the best player in a bad conference. And he's been to 5 Finals.

Only 6 months to go before we find out

The rest of the Cavs roster sucks. They wouldn't be .500 without LeBron. All Kyle Korver has to do is shoot. The Hawks aren't dependent on him. He's a role player. Are Horford and Millsap no longer going to be the best frontcourt in the East?

If the Cavs somehow do make it through the East, do you think they could beat Golden State or San Antonio in the finals?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Cavs will beat the Bulls or Hawks. You can take that to the bank Senator. Love and Irving are listening to the man now. Too soon to say on the finals
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Comprehensive list of shit that Horford, Milsap, Rose, Korver, or any Bull or Hawk has won

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2015

Comprehensive list of shit that Horford, Milsap, Rose, Korver, or any Bull or Hawk has won

Comprehensive list of shit that Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Lynch, Bennett or any Seahawk of any significance had ever won as of January 31, 2014.

Shit changes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race you complain about LeBron's team last year. Do you actually think this Cavs team is better? Bosh > Love. Wade > Irving. Neither Love or Irving play any defense. Add JR Smith to that list too. All three are gunners who take a ton of bad shots. When they are hot it looks great. When the shots don't fall, the Cavs will get plungered.

LeBron has a worse team than last year and the rest of the East has gotten better. Indiana fell off, but the Hawks are better. The Bulls are better. The Wizards are better. TSIO. With some new role players, another year of familiarity, and better defenders, the Cavs might have a chance next year.