Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Must be such a relief for local coaches

doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Was obvious that many loathed Sark and his snake oil. But at the same time, you know they'd prefer kids to stay home and close to their programs. Must have been hard to have to let so many studs go out of state.

Now, you can genuinely see that guys like Miller are confident in Pete and in encouraging kids to stay close to home. Given this year & last year, think we are seeing the new norm: Washington kids are going to UW, no questions asked.

That includes Skinny, book it.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Remember when the fence stopped mattering? #HiKim

I just want the best players. I don't care if they are from Mars!!!!1!
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    From here on out I can see the Huskies getting the majority of the top in-state kids. Oregon, being Oregon, is going to get some of them as well. That's been happening for awhile, this year included. But it really does feel like a corner in program prestige and stability has been turned and UW will once again be the first option for most of the blue chippers. It hasn't been that way for awhile.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

From here on out I can see the Huskies getting the majority of the top in-state kids. Oregon, being Oregon, is going to get some of them as well. That's been happening for awhile, this year included. But it really does feel like a corner in program prestige and stability has been turned and UW will once again be the first option for most of the blue chippers. It hasn't been that way for awhile.

I wouldn't say prestige... Stability yes. It has more to do with Peterman's pedigree than UW suddenly being a prestigious school for kids born in 1998.
  • Options
    JamesChristiansonJamesChristianson Member Posts: 45
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    @doogville‌ You have some insight on Skinny? What makes you think he's gonna de-commit? Georgia coaches have said that he is helping more in the recruiting process than any other player they've had in a while. He seems locked in on the Bulldogs if he's doing all that.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

It also helps that Leach is at Wazzu who abandoned recruiting the NW faster than he abandons a kid with a concussion in the electrical closet.

When was wazzu ever pulling away anyone uw wanted?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we want to continue to get the best players from in state, we have to win. Sark did a really good job in state his first two years too. It took a little bit for everyone to realize he was a used car salesman. He also pitched players on doing something special and building a champion, but got stuck at 7-6.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ^^ Yea but still.

#LiveCagedTigerSizzle
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@doogville‌ You have some insight on Skinny? What makes you think he's gonna de-commit? Georgia coaches have said that he is helping more in the recruiting process than any other player they've had in a while. He seems locked in on the Bulldogs if he's doing all that.

Nothing more than the common sense that a commit by a junior from WA to play in Georgia isn't worth the paper it isn't printed on.

Pete has plenty of time to continue to build that relationship and has shown he can close with kids who were initially sure they wanted to leave the state.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we want to continue to get the best players from in state, we have to win. Sark did a really good job in state his first two years too. It took a little bit for everyone to realize he was a used car salesman. He also pitched players on doing something special and building a champion, but got stuck at 7-6.

You're worried Pete has the same ceiling as Sark? That's an actual thing you've spent a second thinking about?
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    idk, if "Skinny" doesn't de-commit soon I don't see it happening. Rarely do you see QBs flip late in the game...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Sark sucked at in and out of state recruiting. He recruited to website message boards and never developed an executable comprehensive strategy. Most coaches knew he was a used car salesman long before he took the Washington job.

Wipe your chin. Sark is gone and he ain't coming back.

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I hate to say it but if I'm Eason, I'm at least going to wait until spring ball to see how the offense changes now that Magna Carta and Browning are in the house. We have to remember that Richt is in his ear about how he can make him into 2nd coming of Matthew Stafford and another 1st pick in the draft.

It also doesn't look like Georgia will take a QB in the 2015 class so Richt also could've promised Eason that he wouldn't take one if Eason holds to his pledge as well.

idk, if "Skinny" doesn't de-commit soon I don't see it happening. Rarely do you see QBs flip late in the game...

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    ALL the tea leaves show Skinny leaving the state. Would love the be wrong, but don't think I am.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

You're worried Pete has the same ceiling as Sark? That's an actual thing you've spent a second thinking about?
    I'm not worried.