Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Russell is on the lions blood

UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited January 2015 in NFL Talk

Sends a shiver through my sweatpants

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I wonder if Aaron Rodgers hates losing that much ...
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Forget Rodgers. There's a highlight video of the NFCCG that's circulating around. In it, you'll see Matthews & Peppers on the sideline with shit-eatin' grins on their faces. They so thought they had the game in the bag. They just sat back and relaxed.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Forget Rodgers. There's a highlight video of the NFCCG that's circulating around. In it, you'll see Matthews & Peppers on the sideline with shit-eatin' grins on their faces. They so thought they had the game in the bag. They just sat back and relaxed.
    That's kind of my point ...

As Race would say, winners win and losers lose. The Hawks are full of winners. The comments, etc. you've heard from the Packers since then tell you that they are losers.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

As Race would say, winners win and losers lose. The Hawks are full of winners. The comments, etc. you've heard from the Packers since then tell you that they are losers.
    It all comes from the top. I like McCarthy, but he definitely doesn't have that edge. The fact that he kicked 2 FGs on 4th and goal in a championship game speaks volumes. Frankly, I was really surprised when he decided to do that... 81% of coaches would have gone for the TD.

Their safety (#42) takes a knee after picking off Wilson. He could have gained another 15-20 yards on the return. Then, Rodgers & Nelson don't even notice that Sherman's left arm is fucked up. Jesus Christ... attention to detail. Shit, that's not even a detail. It was obvious to everyone that Sherman was hurting.
  • Options
    I actually didn't have a problem with them taking the FGs. I tend to be of the opinion that if your defense is playing well and it is early in the game, put the points on the board.

Also, I think with Rodgers injured, I never got the feeling that he was going to lead long drives on his own. Without the turnovers, I didn't think that the Packers would get more than 13 points for the game.

And before anybody talks about expected point values, I already know all about that. On the first drive, the Packers had run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down inside the 1 and got stuffed both times. An immobile Rodgers was clearly leaving throws early and lacked some zip on balls - which you need in those tight spots if the play doesn't pop wide open.

The Packers did a lot of what they needed to do to win the game. They just didn't finish the game. The execution just flat out wasn't good enough.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It all comes from the top. I like McCarthy, but he definitely doesn't have that edge. The fact that he kicked 2 FGs on 4th and goal in a championship game speaks volumes. Frankly, I was really surprised when he decided to do that... 81% of coaches would have gone for the TD.

Their safety (#42) takes a knee after picking off Wilson. He could have gained another 15-20 yards on the return. Then, Rodgers & Nelson don't even notice that Sherman's left arm is fucked up. Jesus Christ... attention to detail. Shit, that's not even a detail. It was obvious to everyone that Sherman was hurting.
    In the NFL ...

I don't think it is 81% ... more like Belicheat (EL OH EL), Carroll, Kelly, and maybe 3 others.

NFL coaches play very conservative.

I turned to my wife and said nobody is going to beat Seattle in Seattle with field goals ... I was surprisingly right.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Don't piss on my 81% parade. I had to use a percentage number, so I _had_ to go with that number. Now, the over/under is 5, so maybe that evens things out a bit.

You don't have to be so fucking literal and factual.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think McCarthy made the right call. It would have been devastating to get down to the end zone and not convert…especially after they turned it over once already. No one questioned that until their D couldn't stop shit at the end of the game.

I think you can question being too conservative at the end of the game on the two drives they punted plus not using the TO's on the drive they tied the game. That was a fuck up. But special teams was huge. They gave up the TD, muffed the onside kick and their punter had a 31 yard punt which gave Seattle great field position.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    McCarthy absolutely made the wrong call going for the field goals. It's like Simmons says - when the other team wants you to take the field goal, that's a pretty good sign you should be going for it.

I was thrilled when he took the field goals.

McCarthy was the biggest reason they lost that game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Rodgers was kind of a sandy bag after the game, but he is a winner. He already has a Super Bowl and when the Packers were down 3 with the crowd rocking, he led the Packers down the field for a FG.

McCarthy lost the game for the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is pissed at McCarthy behind closed doors.
  • Options
    Rodgers is sandy in public - forget closed doors

I felt like the Hawks made sure that they didn't get beat over the top and forced a long FG.

A lot of Rodgers' comments suggest that he was a healthy QB
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,591
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

No, no.....he has jesus blood running through his veins. God decided the outcome. God wanted the Hawks in the SB twice. Didn't you hear? God has a plan for the Seahawks....

HOWEVER, does REAL God love Brady more? We shall seeeeee??????
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

No, no.....he has jesus blood running through his veins. God decided the outcome. God wanted the Hawks in the SB twice. Didn't you hear? God has a plan for the Seahawks....

HOWEVER, does REAL God love Brady more? We shall seeeeee??????
    Winning gives athletes a pass on the god bullshit in my book.

The second they start losing is when it becomes unacceptable.

#JustWin
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Haha I never heard Derek Carr thanking jesus for 10 straight losses. He did thank him for the win against KC and then got pasted the next week. No thank you for jesus after the pasting.

I never hear blessing for all gifts Santa provides or the candy the easter bunny brings. It's not fair to the other mythical characters.

Russell, is Russell, because of his physical attributes, his commitment to study and tireless practice. He has gifts that other don't have but he also works 14-16 hours a day.

I give credit to Russell for his sacrifices for the team and his willingness to put in the hours. Leave the God stuff alone. Russell has put in the work to get where he is and has tremendous confidence in himself.

I am huge Wilson fan and I hope all his dreams and goals are realized and I truly mean that.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Haha I never heard Derek Carr thanking jesus for 10 straight losses. He did thank him for the win against KC and then got pasted the next week. No thank you for jesus after the pasting.

I never hear blessing for all gifts Santa provides or the candy the easter bunny brings. It's not fair to the other mythical characters.

Russell, is Russell, because of his physical attributes, his commitment to study and tireless practice. He has gifts that other don't have but he also works 14-16 hours a day.

I give credit to Russell for his sacrifices for the team and his willingness to put in the hours. Leave the God stuff alone. Russell has put in the work to get where he is and has tremendous confidence in himself.

I am huge Wilson fan and I hope all his dreams and goals are realized and I truly mean that.

But if God is a big part of who he is and serves as the foundations for how he prepares so tirelessly, why should he let go of it just because somebody else thinks he ought to?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Because he saying its all gods doing, which is absurd
  • Options
    dnc said:

McCarthy absolutely made the wrong call going for the field goals. It's like Simmons says - when the other team wants you to take the field goal, that's a pretty good sign you should be going for it.

I was thrilled when he took the field goals.

McCarthy was the biggest reason they lost that game.

Bill Simmons is your source?
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Because he saying its all gods doing, which is absurd

I just don't get it from any direction ...

I don't hate people for believing that God is blessing them or whatever ... that's their belief and more power to them for believing that.

I don't see the reason to bash people for having that belief ... it's just not worth the time. It's also not worth the time trying to apply logic because that never works out either.

It's just a flat out shoulder shrug for me and whatever gives somebody the confidence to succeed the better.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    jecornel said:

Seems to be working just fine for him.