Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jon Quitna

That buzzing sound you're hearing is the shuffling feet of all the athletes as they get the hell out of Lincoln High School and flock back to Lakes, Curtis, and Wilson.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Obviously angling for a college corching jerb, must not have been at Lincoln to teach school.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    there's alota whataburger in Waxahachie
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    brchco12 said:

there's alota whataburger in Waxahachie

Waxahachie. I've had some great, drunken nights there. Fond memories.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Obviously angling for a college corching jerb, must not have been at Lincoln to teach school.

The weird thing is that a guy with his football experience with some coaching experience should be able to get a college job whenever he wants. Hell, Peterman should have fired Smith and brought Kitna on to be the QB/OC and just called plays himself.
  • Options

The weird thing is that a guy with his football experience with some coaching experience should be able to get a college job whenever he wants. Hell, Peterman should have fired Smith and brought Kitna on to be the QB/OC and just called plays himself.
    That's kinda what I was thinking, why move from 3a to 5a?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If we're going to bash on Waxahachie ... I'm out.
  • Options
    ScroteDawgScroteDawg Member Posts: 238
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    Maybe he was promised a mountain of cash, a mountain of blow, and a mountain of fine Texas titties.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Maybe he was promised a mountain of cash, a mountain of blow, and a mountain of fine Texas titties.

All very possible in Waxahachie.
  • Options
    Kitna's a bible thumper right? So maybe he just wants to corch at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (yes, that's a Thing) after his son graduates next year.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Awesomed for "Quitna".
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    The Lord talk to a lot of athletes.

Do any of you guys know someone that Lord has personally talked to? I don't.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,897
    Standard Supporter
    There was this story in the Tacoma News Tribune when Kitna took the job about how he went to the principal and said "I want all the struggling kids, the kids who have behavior problems, and the kids nobody else wants in their class"

The article ended there and I didn't get the follow up until I talked to a guy I know who teaches at Lincoln.

I asked him if it was true about Kitna asking for the tough kids or was the TNT just blowing smoke.

He replied, "Oh yeah, it's true. And 2 weeks later Kitna was back in the principal's office with his resignation letter in his hand."

According to this guy they were able to talk Kitna off the ledge by rearranging the classes.

I've heard nothing negative about Kitna as a teacher or coach. I think it was just a case of him being extremely naive and not understanding how tough it is to teach in a school like Lincoln.

Anyways, this is just what somebody told me. The guy could have been lying.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club
    i'm going to go all bleenor insider on you donkeyholes

Kitna's brother in law is my age and asked Kitna to come to church camp with us and be the guest speaker all week. This was back in 99-00 when he was a starting QB, he took a week of his off season to eat crappy camp food and hang out with a bunch of highschoolers.

as a 15 year old I remember thinking he was a solid dude.

but I could be lying.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    brchco12 said:

Kitna's brother in law is my age and asked Kitna to come to church camp with us and be the guest speaker all week. This was back in 99-00 when he was a starting QB, he took a week of his off season to eat crappy camp food and hang out with a bunch of highschoolers.

but I could be lying.

But who wouldn't want to spend a week with a bunch of high school boys at Butler Cabin?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    brchco12 said:

but I could be lying.

He spoke to my high school football team a couple of times. One of the assistants played with him and Central and they stayed close. He's definitely a charismatic guy and was pretty cool for being a religious nut.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Cut the god squad crap. At the end of the day, he's moving on to a better opportunity. Thank him for what he did at Lincoln and wish him well. This is not a calling from god. It's not a blessing. He's a very good coach who is moving on up. Good for him.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

The Lord talk to a lot of athletes.

Do any of you guys know someone that Lord has personally talked to? I don't.

Bro, didn't you know god was responsible for the seahawks win against greenbay on saturday????

The real question is does god love Brady more than Wilson????
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Whether he got out because it was too hard, whether he's just looking for the next coaching gig, you can't knock Kitna for what he did during the 3 years he was there. He propelled that team. They were a couple of mistakes away from winning the 3A championship (after Eastside Catholic beat Bellevue, some of the players said that Lincoln also could have beaten Bellevue).

Kitna gave thousands of dollars to that school. The GPA's of football players doubled during his time there. Some kids mentioned that he gave them hope, got them to focus on school and seek an education, instead of just cruise through high school while running the streets. He spent extra time with kids outside of class. A lot of teachers do that, but to answer comments in this post, if he was there ONLY to coach and didn't care about his teaching job, he could have just punched the clock.

Moreover, he didn't even have to teach. He could have found a place that would have wanted him as athletic director/coach or just coach. I don't understand why anyone bothers to criticize him, given all the things that he did for Lincoln in the short time he was there. It's also pretty noble that he's taking staff with him and looking out for those around him. If the Texas job is a blessing and promotion to Jon, then he's letting others get in on that blessing. What, truly, is there to criticize?

Kitna gave everything he had to Lincoln and those kids. He had big dreams and a vision for the program that unfortunately, was not shared by the Tacoma district administration. A new opportunity arose and he took it, which is the EXACT same thing all his detractors from the cheap seats would have done.