Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Raid-uhz hire JDR

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Can you say RIP if they're already dead?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Can you say RIP if they're already dead?

Al Davis is more alive than that fucking morbid franchise.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Trestman and smith are coming also
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Their last coach was also the Denver DC. Might as well hire another Denver DC considering it worked out so well last time.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    and when we do it a 3rd time it will work.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    Just like always. The NFL hires a bunch of retreads as HC's. John Fox? Jack Del Rio? Rex Ryan? Now maybe Gary Kubiak?
    No one is creative anymore
    Why after Harbaugh, Carroll, Kelly and you could even argue marrone all having success coming from college have teams gone completely away from that well?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015
    dhdawg said:

Just like always. The NFL hires a bunch of retreads as HC's. John Fox? Jack Del Rio? Rex Ryan? Now maybe Gary Kubiak?
    Why after Harbaugh, Carroll, Kelly and you could even argue marrone all having success coming from college have teams gone completely away from that well?

The NFL coaching fraternity is a strange one to crack. On one end it's arguably the most competitive coaching environment that demands excellence, but on the other you see this retread hiring philosophy persevere.

Seems like some guys survive in the league 10+ years by getting fired every other season and fleeing to the next coordinator or position coach spot available. Just a weird old boys club.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

You could also argue Carroll is a data poont that suggests a "failed" NFL stint doesn't prove someone can't corch. John Fox had more success than Carroll in his first two stints.

And Doug Marrone sucks.

What college corches would you be after for an NFL job? After Urban Meyer I can't see anybody that would get me anymore excited than John Fox for my team and John Fox wouldn't excite me at all.

I agree I wouldn't be pro retread at the NFL level, in most cases. I wouldn't be pro college coach either.

I think the current trend towards hiring DC's is a good one.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

1. NFL isnt creative in much of anything.
    2. Any of those are a great three year placeholder for Harbs.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

You could also argue Carroll is a data poont that suggests a "failed" NFL stint doesn't prove someone can't corch. John Fox had more success than Carroll in his first two stints.

And Doug Marrone sucks.

What college corches would you be after for an NFL job? After Urban Meyer I can't see anybody that would get me anymore excited than John Fox for my team and John Fox wouldn't excite me at all.

I agree I wouldn't be pro retread at the NFL level, in most cases. I wouldn't be pro college coach either.

Hiring Carroll after a dynasty.at USC is a lot different than hiring a coordinator who just got fired 2-3 years ago
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

And Doug Marrone sucks.

Hiring Carroll after a dynasty.at USC is a lot different than hiring a coordinator who just got fired 2-3 years ago
    I don't disagree.

I just don't think there's a Caroll in the college ranks right now.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

dhdawg said:

The NFL coaching fraternity is a strange one to crack. On one end it's arguably the most competitive coaching environment that demands excellence, but on the other you see this retread hiring philosophy persevere.

Seems like some guys survive in the league 10+ years by getting fired every other season and fleeing to the next coordinator or position coach spot available. Just a weird old boys club.
    No different than the corporate world.

When giving someone the keys to a billion dollar organization ... you sometimes look for the guy who won't crash it into the mountain.

Think of all the CEO's who do poorly and end up at the top of the mountain somewhere else.