Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

To be fair to Oregon

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,691 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2015

OZONE said:

OBK you are just embarrassing yourself.

UW has a 0.5 NCs and has beat tOSU 3 times under 3 different coaches (I didn't believe it till another poster made the claim and I checked it out).

Oregon has 0 NCs, and has failed to ever beat tOSU in 9 tries.

Let's face it, the blur is a gimmick that is great it racking up a lot of wins, but always fails against the elite teams.

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

the one against tuff MINNESOTA is a legit claim. it was FS that the champion was crowned before the last game of the season, which UW won.

what was stupid was making a big deal about it back in '07
    Disagree. UW lost to Navy in 1960.

Navy.

Here's the REAL 1960 national champion:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_Ole_Miss_Rebels_football_team
    And Ohio State lost to Vagina Tech this year.

Boobs logic strikes again

edit: Ole Miss claim is legit. They can split it with UW
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

OZONE said:

UW has a 0.5 NCs and has beat tOSU 3 times under 3 different coaches (I didn't believe it till another poster made the claim and I checked it out).

Let's face it, the blur is a gimmick that is great it racking up a lot of wins, but always fails against the elite teams.

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

the one against tuff MINNESOTA is a legit claim. it was FS that the champion was crowned before the last game of the season, which UW won.

Navy.

One tie to a SEC team is better than one lose to an academy.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    OZONE said:

So, the undefeated defending National Champion with a Heisman winning QB in the Rose Bowl isn't an "elite" game?
    Mosster47 said:

OZONE said:

So, the undefeated defending National Champion with a Heisman winning QB in the Rose Bowl isn't an "elite" game?
    It was an elite game. It just turned out that Florida State wasn't an elite team.

OZONE said:

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

Navy.

One tie to a SEC team is better than one lose to an academy.
    Navy went to the Orange bowl. LSU finished unranked.

UW fucked up the undefeated #1 team in the rose bowel.

Legit natty.
    Fine, give the title to Missouri then:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Orange_Bowl
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,632

OZONE said:

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

Navy.

As much as I love the love for #MyRebels, I'm not sure how legit their claim really is. Their schedule wasn't 84 BYU soft, but it wasn't SEC SEC SEC tuff either. They only team that finished the season ranked that they beat was #7 Arkansas, and Arky would have ranked lower if there were poast bowel poles because they lost to Duke.

Duke.

They didn't have a loss which is a leg up on UW, but they tied unranked LSU.

60 UW, OTOH, lost to Navy who finished ranked #4 but that was before they lost to Missouri, so they should have been lower. UW also only had one win over a team that finished the year ranked, but it was over #1 Minnesota by 10 in the Rose Bowel. Meanwhile, Ole Miss was beating unranked Rice in their bowel game 14-6.

Ole Miss was rightly ranked above UW before the bowels. After the bowels, UW would have had a strong case.

Neither team won a major pole championship. Ole Miss does claim the title for that year thanks to the Football Writers Association of America picking them #1.

I have no idea which title is more prestigious between Helms and the FWAA. My guess is whatever is the opposite of abundance.
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

Navy.

As much as I love the love for #MyRebels, I'm not sure how legit their claim really is. Their schedule wasn't 84 BYU soft, but it wasn't SEC SEC SEC tuff either. They only team that finished the season ranked that they beat was #7 Arkansas, and Arky would have ranked lower if there were poast bowel poles because they lost to Duke.

Duke.

60 UW, OTOH, lost to Navy who finished ranked #4 but that was before they lost to Missouri, so they should have been lower. UW also only had one win over a team that finished the year ranked, but it was over #1 Minnesota by 10 in the Rose Bowel. Meanwhile, Ole Miss was beating unranked Rice in their bowel game 14-6.

Ole Miss was rightly ranked above UW before the bowels. After the bowels, UW would have had a strong case.

Neither team won a major pole championship. Ole Miss does claim the title for that year thanks to the Football Writers Association of America picking them #1.

I have no idea which title is more prestigious between Helms and the FWAA. My guess is whatever is the opposite of abundance.
    Thanks @Tequilla‌
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Why are we talking about 1960. WGAF
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    phineas said:

I do. So fuck off you little Gen Y cork soaker

phineas said:

I do. So fuck off you little Gen Y cork soaker

No, craves it, yes.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    ^^^^ apologies to anyone who remembers the 1960 huskies featuring phinas and wilbur and good old johnny boy ^^^^
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Fixed.
    UW has 1.5.

Navy.

Duke.

Thanks @Tequilla‌
    FREE PUB!!!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    If you want to win championships in football, it starts with good line play on both ends of the ball, solid defense, and to round it out a good QB.

Nobody in the PAC really plays with strong line play or defense outside of Stanford for the last 5 years.

If Petersen is paying attention, that's a good way to win big in this conference.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,044
    Back when the live mascot had a cool unique name instead of fucking "Dubs"