Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

dez bryant

2»

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Wasn't a catch.

There are between 9,000-10,000 pass completions a year in the NFL, when we are bitching about 1 of those passes ... the rule is probably safe.

I personally think the rule is solid.

If a player loses control of the ball, and it touches the ground ... incomplete.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    droggins said:

Tequilla said:

I get the rule ... I don't even disagree with the rule when it comes to an immediate act of tackling someone after the catch.

But in this case, the player took 3 steps, changed hands in which he was holding the football to protect it from the defender (which I absolutely consider a football move), and tried to stretch the football to the goal line (again, another play that I consider a football play). Where does the line stop between being part of the act of making the catch versus the ground causing the fumble?

NFL officials are very good normally with interpreting the rule. The official that made the original call was in GREAT position to make the call and apply judgment regarding whether or not he completed a catch and made a football play or not.

He was falling as soon as he caught it. Those "steps" he took were momentum falling steps. He didn't catchthe ball, take 3 steps, then trip.

Stupid rule, right call, case closed.
    Right, steps don't matter, even five, see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqkHZ1oWIw
    Those black jerseys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> current black jerseys
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This legalism bullshit is killing football. It's bad in the college game and worse in the NFL.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    topdawgnc said:

Wasn't a catch.

There are between 9,000-10,000 pass completions a year in the NFL, when we are bitching about 1 of those passes ... the rule is probably safe.

If a player loses control of the ball, and it touches the ground ... incomplete.

This is dumb.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

Wasn't a catch.

This is dumb.
    Ok.

• Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    almost as gay as the tuck rule. It will be updated soon enough and applied incorrectly 30% of the time.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

If you can't see that Dez made that catch, then you should go have a heart to heart talk with @GrandpaSankey‌

If you can't see the refs job is to apply the rules, not to make the rules, you're Skip Bayless FS
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Any halfbrain knows that shit was a catch. But Cunt is right, change the stupid fucking rule.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the end of the day, fuck dez "I beat my own moms ass" bryant and the dallas cowboys
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If you can't see that I'm saying that the rule needs to be fucking changed ... or missed the fact that I've said multiple times that the call was called correctly because of the rules, then this board is way too fast for you.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

And Boobs, I get the rules in how they are written. I get that with the way the rules are written the outcome was what it was. I'm also saying that the rule is more FS than Miley Cyrus' throwing motion and if your common sense can't see that Dez made that catch then I can't help you.

Voted down for ANYTHING being more ridiculous than a negative Miley throwing analogy
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

It's a fucktarded rule.

Cost me a fantasy football playoff spot on the famous Calvin Johnson "drop" (self $75k).

I hate it. But they called it correctly based on the fucked up rule.

So a week one "drop", cost you a playoff spot in your fantasy league eh?

#everyplaycounts
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

It's a fucktarded rule.

Cost me a fantasy football playoff spot on the famous Calvin Johnson "drop" (self $75k).

I hate it. But they called it correctly based on the fucked up rule.

So a week one "drop", cost you a playoff spot in your fantasy league eh?

#everyplaycounts
    Yep.

Would have won the game without the drop. Missed the playoffs by one game.