Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Joyner interview

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/highschoolsports/2015/01/05/austin-joyner-talks-uw-commitment/
Marysville-Pilchuck defensive back Austin Joyner committed to Washington last night during the Semper Fidelis All-American Game. He talked to The Seattle Times tonight about that decision.

On when he decided: A few days after my visit to Boise, which was on the 12th of December.

On if he took visit to WSU: My brother goes to school there, I visit there all the time. I didn’t take an official visit, but I already knew everything about it.

On what he likes about UW: The coaching staff was a big part of it. Coach [Jimmy] Lakes, my development, I really felt that he’s a coach that can really develop my skills. He showed me a bunch of stuff that he teaches and everything he teach … made sense to me. That was a big part of it.

On his initial impression of Coach Petersen: When he first came in, I didn’t know him, so that’s why I opened up my commitment. Just like I did with Washington State. I didn’t know who my coach was going to be. I didn’t know Coach Pete at that time, so I opened up my commitment again. He didn’t offer me as a cornerback until the 7-on-7, which was at the beginning of the season.

On his impressions now: I think he’s a really honest guy, unlike most other coaches. I like what he believes in and his methods of bringing players up. I feel like he teaches it to you, he’s not just all about ball. It’s about life lessons, too.

On proximity to home: Yeah, that was a main reason, besides the coaching staff, because my mom wants to come watch me play. She can get up to the other places, but that’s so much easier for her.

On the weight off his shoulders: It’s huge. I don’t have to worry about anything anymore. I can focus on my senior year and finishing that up.

On getting to UW: I can’t wait, it’s going to be a good year next year. All the guys that are coming in with this recruiting class I know already. We already have somewhat of a connection and I just know it’s going to be a good year.

On if he’ll play any offense: A little bit, but my primary position is going to be defense and we’ll work from there. If they feel the need to move me over to offense in certain packages, then they will. I’m primarily defense.

Comments