Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kinda hoping Oregon wins

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
If not that fucker Mariotta could come back.
I know, what are the chances? He's a different
kind of kid. Total Hawaiaan attitude. Money
doesn't seem to be a priority. And his hot
girlfriend will still be there.

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

If not that fucker Mariotta could come back.
    I know, what are the chances? He's a different
    kind of kid. Total Hawaiaan attitude. Money
    doesn't seem to be a priority. And his hot
    girlfriend will still be there.

At this point, it really doesn't matter if Oregon wins or loses the NC game. It doesn't matter if Mariota comes back or goes to the NFL. He's most likely gone anyway.

The team from Montlake has a lot of work to do, just to get in the same league as Oregon. I bet Helfrich plugs in the next QB in 2015 (assuming Mariota is gone) and just keep kicking ass. He's going to unleash Royce Freeman on the Pac-12 until the next QB starts kicking ass in that offense.

I couldn't care less what Oregon does. I want to see what Petersen does to improve his team. I think he fucked a few things up this season, including last night's bowl game. Hopefully, he learns from the mistakes and improves how he manages the team. Otherwise, we'll be talking about the next great coach in 2 years.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The only good thing about an Oregon win would be if it forces the UW administration to get off their ass and try to fucking win.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope Jerry World is the finale of a Homeland season. Kaboom.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    To tell you the truth, I don't hope they win.
    Just looking for any positives. And I agree
    with you Baze, it is more important what UW
    does, but Oregon is the measuring stick now.

By the way Doog, I don't think Oregon winning
    would affect our administration in the least.
    Our upper campus does not have the winning
    DNA that UO has. They still prioritize academics
    the fuckers. Can't remember the last time the
    UW president showed any football related
    presence although he was rumored to be
    supportive at Utah.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm not hopeful, so don't twist. Just kvetching.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    whuggy said:

To tell you the truth, I don't hope they win.
    Just looking for any positives. And I agree
    with you Baze, it is more important what UW
    does, but Oregon is the measuring stick now.

By the way Doog, I don't think Oregon winning
    would affect our administration in the least.
    Our upper campus does not have the winning
    DNA that UO has. They still prioritize academics
    the fuckers. Can't remember the last time the
    UW president showed any football related
    presence although he was rumored to be
    supportive at Utah.

The UO admin doesn't have winning DNA ... Phil Knight does ... and they are addicted to his money like a crack whore is addicted to her pipe.

There is nothing wrong with that addiction, so don't be a twister.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The only good thing about an Oregon win would be if it forces the UW administration to get off their ass and try to fucking win.

UW administration is a bunch of Harvard-wannabe fucks. They've had ample opportunity to give a fuck about football. They're the ones who destroyed it. Why would they wake up now and try to support an elite program?
    I think Young is better than Emmert, McCormick, and Gerberding in that respect. He doesn't seem like a stuffy academic in an ivory tower who considers football entertainment for the masses...or he might be whooshing us.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

UW administration is a bunch of Harvard-wannabe fucks. They've had ample opportunity to give a fuck about football. They're the ones who destroyed it. Why would they wake up now and try to support an elite program?
    I think Young is better than Emmert, McCormick, and Gerberding in that respect. He doesn't seem like a stuffy academic in an ivory tower who considers football entertainment for the masses...or he might be whooshing us.
    Either way, interesting...
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Stanfords football run was the only chance we had at getting that copy cat administration on board. Watching nerds play TUFF football was revelation, I'm just worried we didn't spend enough time taking notes, instead were copying oregon.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Are we still pretending Mariota is straight?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't have a problem with the UW Administration prioritizing academics. After all, it's a university. But, for fuck's sake, if you're going to have a football stadium and a team, support that too. What irks me is their snobbish attitude towards athletics, especially football. I'm guessing the board of regents are a bunch of Seattle elite wussies, who don't like "gladiator" sports. But, somehow they fail to realize that football brings in the cash to support the Olympic sports.

They flushed this team down the toilet and it has now ended up on sewer lagoon.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Oregon win. Most of it comes from my long-standing deep hatred of Ohio State. I like Urban, but that's it. I also really like Mariota and how he runs that offense. I just can no longer "hate" Oregon. They've done everything right and deserve to be where they are. They have far surpassed UW; kudos to them.

Agree.

Too buzzed to type more.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    You need to start breeding your own version of rape culture. And like someone else said, your administration looks like a bunch of silly fucking fools that should be serving with Kshama whatever the fuck that's bitch's name is Sawant and the rest of your gay Seattle muslim leadership. Too good for football? Even Stanford doesn't have anything close to resembling that fucked up attitude.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,940
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You need to start breeding your own version of rape culture. And like someone else said, your administration looks like a bunch of silly fucking fools that should be serving with Kshama whatever the fuck that's bitch's name is Sawant and the rest of your gay Seattle muslim leadership. Too good for football? Even Stanford doesn't have anything close to resembling that fucked up attitude.

The Regents are a bunch of typical p.c., Rainbow Coalition Suckattle types.

I'd seriously be fine with moving the main campus to Tacoma. Seattle is an embarrassment.