Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh Millen is quite the guy

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited August 2013

We don't know if Hugh is racist or not. We're just working with the sample size we have and drawing logical conclusions.

As one who was (along with you) labeled racist for criticizing Ty, I'm hesitant to throw around the R word. It's also possible Hugh is:

a) stupid
    b) heavily biased towards taller QB's
    c) abundance

Now, if Hugh starts hyping Lindquist over Miles, I'll probably have to reconsider.
    The logical conclusion is c) abundance.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

We don't know if Hugh is racist or not. We're just working with the sample size we have and drawing logical conclusions.

As one who was (along with you) labeled racist for criticizing Ty, I'm hesitant to throw around the R word. It's also possible Hugh is:

a) stupid
    c) abundance

Now, if Hugh starts hyping Lindquist over Miles, I'll probably have to reconsider.
    Didn't Hugh prefer Montana over Price? Or was that Kim?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited August 2013

a) stupid
    c) abundance

Definitely B. But possibly abundance, not sure what Hugh thought.

I don't know what Hugh's stance was either, but Montana's name recognition and four star recruiting rating had a lot of people pulling for him. Of course we all know those couldn't have been the REAL reasons.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

I don't know what Hugh's stance was either, but Montana's name recognition and four star recruiting rating had a lot of people pulling for him. Of course we all know those couldn't have been the REAL reasons.

He also had a kickass nickname that ***** gave him.

Big Sky > Teeth

a) stupid
    c) abundance

Definitely B. But possibly abundance, not sure what Hugh thought.

Hugh does seem to have an uncomfortably high degree of fascination with quarterbacks bodies.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Hum? Yeah. Comparing Locker to cleaveage is pretty strange. I tend to overlook stuff like that but I noticed.

Main thing is Hugh was a marginal QB. He got benched. The BYU game in 1985 also comes to mind. I remember fans talking about Hugh, "Stinking up the place." He was just awful.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

Sensitive issue, but calling Millen a racist is way off base. This smacks of the race merchant PC crowd that throws that term around to gain control of the narrative. Drowns out any criticism of any person "of color" by painting the criticism as race based. Zero substance, but, unfortunately, very effective. "Well" done.

Millen does however appear to have a memory that's shorter than the short quarterbacks he's worried about. He went all mea culpa late last year regarding his initial "analysis" of RW. Having watched RW play since his time at NCSU, my advice is to not underestimate this guy. He significantly elevated NCSU, took Wisky to a Rose Bowl, and has drastically improved Seattle's offense. I have no doubt that NFL teams will adjust their defenses to account for this guy when they play the SeaHawks, but he's a game changer, he has proven he will get it done one way or another. And by the way, this is something Price has not shown. He deserves some criticism for some pretty fucktarded play at times. Hopefully he will gather himself and show some of that ability, but shielding Price from criticism when he fucks up is no better than shielding Locker or any other player for that matter.

Tavaris Jackson? Hugh hated that guy. Warren Moon was the only guy to call Hugh out on his constant bashing.

a) stupid
    c) abundance

Good points
    jecornel said:

Sensitive issue, but calling Millen a racist is way off base. This smacks of the race merchant PC crowd that throws that term around to gain control of the narrative. Drowns out any criticism of any person "of color" by painting the criticism as race based. Zero substance, but, unfortunately, very effective. "Well" done.

Millen does however appear to have a memory that's shorter than the short quarterbacks he's worried about. He went all mea culpa late last year regarding his initial "analysis" of RW. Having watched RW play since his time at NCSU, my advice is to not underestimate this guy. He significantly elevated NCSU, took Wisky to a Rose Bowl, and has drastically improved Seattle's offense. I have no doubt that NFL teams will adjust their defenses to account for this guy when they play the SeaHawks, but he's a game changer, he has proven he will get it done one way or another. And by the way, this is something Price has not shown. He deserves some criticism for some pretty fucktarded play at times. Hopefully he will gather himself and show some of that ability, but shielding Price from criticism when he fucks up is no better than shielding Locker or any other player for that matter.

Tavaris Jackson? Hugh hated that guy. Warren Moon was the only guy to call Hugh out on his constant bashing.
    Seriously? Jackson is an interception machine. Unless he has some sort of late career miraculous turn around, he's a backup guy, not a starter. Hugh bashing him does not make Hugh a racist, it just means his eyes are working.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Kim was hyping Montana all Spring of 2011. Every other beat writer and fan that attended practices said that Price was way ahead of Montana, but Kim kept thinking Montana would start and that the battle wasn't over.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Hum? Yeah. Comparing Locker to cleaveage is pretty strange. I tend to overlook stuff like that but I noticed.

Main thing is Hugh was a marginal QB. He got benched. The BYU game in 1985 also comes to mind. I remember fans talking about Hugh, "Stinking up the place." He was just awful.

That '85 bypuke game was an abomination. It's one of my earliest memories of Husky fball, and it's not pretty, especially after they beat us out for the NC a yr. earlier (lots of different players...but still..).

My dad and I talked to Millen several years ago during the slick Rick trial, on a crisp February Kent morning...seemed like a nice guy..
    Not saying tavaris was special but didn't have much of a team that year.

Hugh loved talking about how when price threw the ball the trajectory of the ball pointed downwards thus signaling he was not a college Qb. Lockers ball pointed upwards a sign of a NFL QB.

Notice no nerd machine has been broken out over sarks record? Hugh repeatedly brought it up during tw's tenure you can predict a coaches future based on their record after a three year period. 7 win steve baby!
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    edited August 2013

Well said. Throwing around the term racist is "playing the race card." This is about nothing more than Control and Power. In many, many cases the person playing the card is the real racist.

Hugh is a dipshit. We all agree. Is it really necessary to make a Politically Correct ideology argument out of simple frigin football discussion? All this race crap gets really old.

(Yeah, I know. Since I dared to open my mouth, I'm clearly a racist.) Anyone up for a witch hunt?

You're just playing the race card card.

Why can't I fix this?????????????????????
    edited August 2013

Kim was hyping Montana all Spring of 2011. Every other beat writer and fan that attended practices said that Price was way ahead of Montana, but Kim kept thinking Montana would start and that the battle wasn't over.

Self serving controversy.

I think it's best to view everything Kim says and does through the lens of the shill he is. He let the "free board" become a cesspool in an attempt to drive people to the paid boards, drives dissenting views from the paid boards to keep the majority of his doog subscribers dumb and happy, takes positions on issues those subscribers find favorable regardless of the veracity of the position, and treats the Udub Athletic Department with kid gloves in hopes of gaining access. He is a former real estate agent and an owner of a website that features contributors with no connection to the University of Washington. Take what Kim says and does with a grain of salt.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    He should be forced to eat that fucking microphone. I don't care if his body can't digest it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    To be fair nobody in here labeled Millen a racist. We simply stated he might have a race bias.

Also T-Jack wasn't an "interception machine" at all in Seattle. He was a game manager who out produced Hasselbecks three previous years in fact.

To be fair nobody in here labeled Millen a racist. We simply stated he might have a race bias.

Also T-Jack wasn't an "interception machine" at all in Seattle. He was a game manager who out produced Hasselbecks three previous years in fact.

I am really glad that we have T-Jack as a backup. Everyone says we "downgraded" the backup QB spot this year which fucking baffles me.

Matt Flynn had 2 good starts (Kevin Kolb was great on his first 2 NFL starts) on a team whos offense was absolutely amazing that year in the last 2 weeks of the season where most games don't count. T-Jack while nothing amazing at least is seasoned and if RW goes down I am glad to know we have someone who knows the offense and can manage the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I am really glad that we have T-Jack as a backup. Everyone says we "downgraded" the backup QB spot this year which fucking baffles me.

Matt Flynn had 2 good starts (Kevin Kolb was great on his first 2 NFL starts) on a team whos offense was absolutely amazing that year in the last 2 weeks of the season where most games don't count. T-Jack while nothing amazing at least is seasoned and if RW goes down I am glad to know we have someone who knows the offense and can manage the game.
    T-Jack although nothing special isn't bad. He isn't going to lose you a game and let's face it two years ago he was 7-7 on a roster much less talented than the one now. That was the year of the lock out when Seattle was still shuffling their roster so they had no time to have continuity. They started off 2-6 then as the year went on they got better. He was also playing a torn pec.

He has the respect of the locker room too which is most important. I'm sure Hugh is rooting for Brady Quinn over him though.

T-Jack although nothing special isn't bad. He isn't going to lose you a game and let's face it two years ago he was 7-7 on a roster much less talented than the one now. That was the year of the lock out when Seattle was still shuffling their roster so they had no time to have continuity. They started off 2-6 then as the year went on they got better. He was also playing a torn pec.

He has the respect of the locker room too which is most important. I'm sure Hugh is rooting for Brady Quinn over him though.
    Tavaris Jackson, although has the physical capabilities, Brady Quinn has the "smarts".