Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Story on Deontae Cooper.

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

If you can't see that your reaction is exactly what we're after I can't help you

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Came into a passion thread expecting him to be pressing considerably. Delivered.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

How Hardcore Husky posters see themselves...

How Dawgman posters see the Hardcore Husky posters...

Well, I hate doucheman.com, so I'm certainly not a doucheman.com poster.

However, there is nothing wrong with writing a story about a kid with a great attitude that is battling his way back from 2 ACL tears. Everything on here is just grumpy curmudgeony cranky etc.

Look, if Sark goes 7-6 again, then I will want Sergent Hulka to stick his big toe up Sark's ass. But taking a break from that to applaud a kid like Deontae Cooper is fine too.

I will be at the boise state game. If Deontae Cooper gets to carry the ball I certainly won't cry or vomit or praise Jesus. But I will stand up and clap. His perseverance has NOTHING to do with Sark, and everything to do with his own fortitude.
    Dude, I get where you're coming from. I really do. But what if Cooper's first carry involves our fucktarded O Line giving the ole' treatment to Boise St.'s best D lineman, Cooper gets lit up, fumbles, Boise St returns it for a TD, and both of Cooper's ACLs are torn again?

I'll stand up and clap if his first carry is a 65-yard TD run and blows past Boise St.'s entire D. That's when I would get a little emotional. Not some made up Seattle Sports feel good bullshit that UW's Minister of Information tells me to.

Passion said:

However, there is nothing wrong with writing a story about a kid with a great attitude that is battling his way back from 2 ACL tears. Everything on here is just grumpy curmudgeony cranky etc.

Look, if Sark goes 7-6 again, then I will want Sergent Hulka to stick his big toe up Sark's ass. But taking a break from that to applaud a kid like Deontae Cooper is fine too.

I will be at the boise state game. If Deontae Cooper gets to carry the ball I certainly won't cry or vomit or praise Jesus. But I will stand up and clap. His perseverance has NOTHING to do with Sark, and everything to do with his own fortitude.
    Dude, I get where you're coming from. I really do. But what if Cooper's first carry involves our fucktarded O Line giving the ole' treatment to Boise St.'s best D lineman, Cooper gets lit up, fumbles, Boise St returns it for a TD, and both of Cooper's ACLs are torn again?

I'll stand up and clap if his first carry is a 65-yard TD run and blows past Boise St.'s entire D. That's when I would get a little emotional. Not some made up Seattle Sports feel good bullshit that UW's Minister of Information tells me to.
    Well, I don't need it either. I loved this kid's attitude before this story; it was just a reminder. The one tidbit that was new to me was Deontae's father strapping a tire to his son and having him run up hills. Did you already know that? I didn't.

Look, I don't like the "Minister of Information," or whatever title he has. Is he that blond guy with beedie eyes and glasses that sits next to Sark at press conferences? That guy annoys the shit out of me.

But sadly, I can't attend practices so I sift through the piles of garbage that is published, simply to get a few morsels...like dad strapping a tire to his son.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Well, I don't need it either. I loved this kid's attitude before this story; it was just a reminder. The one tidbit that was new to me was Deontae's father strapping a tire to his son and having him run up hills. Did you already know that? I didn't.

Look, I don't like the "Minister of Information," or whatever title he has. Is he that blond guy with beedie eyes and glasses that sits next to Sark at press conferences? That guy annoys the shit out of me.

But sadly, I can't attend practices so I sift through the piles of garbage that is published, simply to get a few morsels...like dad strapping a tire to his son.
    nttawwt

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I like Cooper. He is a tough person and a good teammate. He will do well in life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I like Cooper. He is a tough person and a good teammate. He will do well in life.

I hope someday he can be UW's running backs coach.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

classy

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Christ, all that story needed was Tom Rinaldi and soft background piano music.

Your hatred of Tom Rinaldi alone is worth the $10.99 I pay for HH Premium.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Is Cooper as the hardworking career crip (at least so far) truly the soul of Husky Football? That seems so unfair to the 60 or so UW football playing athletes who've worked hard to avoid debilitating injury.

If Cooper does get some PT in this his final season to actually accomplish that, then he may be a story worth writing, but not before. Cooper has for some become a Husky legend because he's big, fast, and looked good in Sark's first Spring practice scrimmage game, not because of anything he's done on the scoreboard or in the official record book. Says something perhaps about how much fantasy it takes to keep Husky Football's bandwagon rolling.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Passion said:

If you can't see that your reaction is exactly what we're after I can't help you

Of all the lines to take the bait on... now that is irony...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tailgater said:

Is Cooper as the hardworking career crip (at least so far) truly the soul of Husky Football? That seems so unfair to the 60 or so UW football playing athletes who've worked hard to avoid debilitating injury.

If Cooper does get some PT in this his final season to actually accomplish that, then he may be a story worth writing, but not before. Cooper has for some become a Husky legend because he's big, fast, and looked good in Sark's first Spring practice scrimmage game, not because of anything he's done on the scoreboard or in the official record book. Says something perhaps about how much fantasy it takes to keep Husky Football's bandwagon rolling.

Bloods > Crips
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

Tailgater said:

Bloods > Crips
    Stan Emtermpoann > MS-13 > Bloods > Crips
    edited August 2013

I hate tom rinaldi. I want a rabid squirrel to attack his nads.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    DeepSeaZ said:

a new low for HH. blockquote class="Quote" rel="Dick_B">

Are we out of retards or terminal kids to let score a touchdown?

or a retarded terminal kid. He can be sarks best
    man........

I am proud to be a small part of this moment.

And I'm glad you got the reference.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Passion said:

I hate tom rinaldi. I want a rabid squirrel to attack his nads.
    There is hope for Passion on this board after all.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    Passion said:

I hate tom rinaldi. I want a rabid squirrel to attack his nads while on the air.
    fixed that for you
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited August 2013
    I hate tom rinaldi. I want a rabid squirrel to attack his nads while a silverback gorilla fucks him in the ass
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I hate tom rinaldi. I want a rabid squirrel to attack his nads while a silverback gorilla fucks him in the ass

Talk about living a life of abundance.