Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2001 Holiday Bowl on right now on longhorn Net UW vs Texas

LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited December 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
If anyone is bored as fuck right now and wants to watch some cody pickett and a fucking meltdown...

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'd rather swallow shards of glass.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Fuck you Minor Applewhite
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:
    I was shitfaced. I missed my cue.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched that for a bit last night. They fooled me for a while. I told myself "UW wins this game".

Then I remembered that I was just very stoned. The semi-coma inducing, pain killer grade weed I have, while fun, is not quite magical enough to change the outcome of a game from 13 years ago. I finally found the remote control digging into my right right side ribs and turned the channel after halftime.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That game was the end. We were mentally weak. That game was the culmination of a season of inconsistency, mental errors and lack of intensity.

That was one of the first Husky games I ever watched (I started around '80) where I thought we were the team that had the quit in us.

Even in Lambo's time we beat teams in close games.

I hated those Unis, I hated our softness and I hated our fucking mental weakness.

Ughhhhhhh.

I'm going to start drinking just thinking about that game. What time is it? Close enough, it's the weekend. Fuck.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was the game after 65-7 at Miami. It would have been an impressive comeback if they had FINISHED. When the Huskies capped off the next year with a bad Sun Bowl it was over for Rick. Babs didn't have the guts to do it then so the June coup was arranged and Husky football was plunged into darkness
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was the game after 65-7 at Miami. It would have been an impressive comeback if they had FINISHED. When the Huskies capped off the next year with a bad Sun Bowl it was over for Rick. Babs didn't have the guts to do it then so the June coup was arranged and Husky football was plunged into darkness

Yep. I thought that was a big game at the time. It would have been a quality win that helped ease the memory of the Miami debacle. UW seemed to be ready to rise to the occasion for much of it. Not quite though...
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember when I thought getting embarrassed by Miami and losing a bowl to Texas was rock bottom. Little did anyone know...
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,121
    edited December 2014
    I yelled at some 12yr old drill team member when they said go Texas as I was walking out of the stadium that day. I imagine that incident shaped her for years to come
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

I yelled at some 12yr old drill team member when they said go Texas as I was walking out of the stadium that day. I imagine that incident shaped her for years to come

She's in a committed lesbian relationship working at a rape crisis center
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Chris Massey sure made a name for himself that day. If he would have played a good game, I wouldn't have remembered his name after all these years. I watched the game at The Ram (not joke) with my wife & my brother. I was about as pissed walking out of there as I was after the 1995 Notre Dame game that the Huskies cooged away.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Down voted only because uou brought back so many