Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Alex Akita is a UW Bball authority

2»

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

The difference in the dawgpack last game was staggering. From 12 people to full capacity. That's impressive and we'll need showings like that in conference. I knew Akita at UW and he wasn't always a weird Kim-esque sycophant. His blog is dumb and his pro-Sarkisian comments the last two years forever damned him.

I'm just happy the pack is showing up. And I don't just think it's winning that turned it around so fast. I was contacted several times on FB and LinkedIn by old pack members telling me that admission would be free for old members.

Also, he's right about the type of students at UW now compared to just 10 years ago when we were there. The fobby international kids don't give two shits about basketball. Local h.s. kids who plaed or were into sports and had GPAs in the 3.6-3.8 range don't get into UW anymore.

The geeks and Asians at UW don't give a shit about sports. Or getting drunk. The student section looks like the revenge of the nerds.
    I am hearing the Asian girls love to fuck tho.

Just what I am hearing.

Don't be a twister.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Who in their right mind would wait an hour and a half to play a fucking pickup game?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Akita's blog isn't horrible, but his Divish relationship is ridiculous and he's kind of an arrogant shithead. I'll admit, 4-6 years ago i sort of enjoyed some his antics, but his Sark defense in 2013 was inexcusable. He seems like the Asian guy going out of his way to prove he's cool and not an engineer wearing glasses who plays video games as a major hobby.

I really don't care that much about the Dawgpack. It's good if the students make noise, and they will if the team is good. They haven't figured out what Romar is yet though.

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gladstone said:

The difference in the dawgpack last game was staggering. From 12 people to full capacity. That's impressive and we'll need showings like that in conference. I knew Akita at UW and he wasn't always a weird Kim-esque sycophant. His blog is dumb and his pro-Sarkisian comments the last two years forever damned him.

I'm just happy the pack is showing up. And I don't just think it's winning that turned it around so fast. I was contacted several times on FB and LinkedIn by old pack members telling me that admission would be free for old members.

Also, he's right about the type of students at UW now compared to just 10 years ago when we were there. The fobby international kids don't give two shits about basketball. Local h.s. kids who plaed or were into sports and had GPAs in the 3.6-3.8 range don't get into UW anymore.

The problem is the Dawgpack still isn't showing up. The only reason it was full last game is because the tickets were free to old members of the Dawgpack. After tonight's game they won't be doing the free admission anymore, so expect a worse Dawgpack for conference play.... UNLESS (And this is a crazy idea) the team keeps winning, then you will see more and more people coming. I know, that is hard to believe!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Akita's blog isn't horrible,

DISAGREE
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Seriously, FieldGulls and LookoutLanding (Especially when it was run by Jeff Sullivan) are/were MILES ahead of Akita's blog. I haven't read his shit in 3 years (except for the time he stated his support for Sark and called people idiots if they wanted Sark fired 3 weeks before he left).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love how the article called his shitty website "arguably the most successful northwest sports blog". Of course it's arguable. No one is saying that except Fetters. Apparently no one has heard of fieldgulls or lookout landing. Akita's blog got a little notice like 8 years ago when he had nostalgic click-bait shit like "the top 10 Jay Buhner moments". After that it was mostly just narcissistic stuff about himself and when he played baseball in middle school. It's absolute shit and him trying to get popularity by linking himself to Ryan Divish is fucking pathetic

More poasts like this please.

Outstanding chit banana.