Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dick Baird opines on the TUFF schedule

"Murderer's Row": Arizona, Stanford and Oregon...traditional patsies now being referred to as Murderer's fucking row. JFC.

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/dick_baird_page.html?feed=437550&article=11549207

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    We have to play NINE Pac-12 teams this year! NINE!!!! That's 75% of our regular season games!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    He literally hit every stereotypical Doog talking point including whining about running up the score.

Instead of bitching about Arizona running up the score why not hold the fucktarded coaching staff responsible for getting plunger raped to a fucking 7-6 team?

The article really did have a "Beat Oregon! Nothing Else Matters!" feel to it.
    "Although the pre-season has a balance of one really good “A” caliber team (Boise State), one Big Ten “B level” team (Illinois, a 2-10 team last season), and one lower division “C” opponent, (Idaho State), they will be played in that order. Ideally you would want to play in reverse order and progressively improve along with the level of your opponent."

I stopped reading there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    I like being Dick Bairdfuckingstupid calling a 2-10 team a "B level" team in the same article where I'm bitching about a TUFF schedule. I do that.
    Bitching about bitching already?
  • PurpleJ said:

"Although the pre-season has a balance of one really good “A” caliber team (Boise State), one Big Ten “B level” team (Illinois, a 2-10 team last season), and one lower division “C” opponent, (Idaho State), they will be played in that order. Ideally you would want to play in reverse order and progressively improve along with the level of your opponent."

I blame Keith Price
    Good point. He needs to work on those 0 step drops.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    1994 Washington Huskies TUFF schedule

NCAA D-I FBS: 7-4-0

at USC
    17 - 24 L Sep 3, 1994

vs Ohio State
    25 - 16 W Sep 10, 1994

at Miami
    38 - 20 W Sep 24, 1994

vs UCLA
    37 - 10 W Oct 1, 1994

vs San Jose State
    34 - 20 W Oct 8, 1994

vs Arizona State
    35 - 14 W Oct 15, 1994

at Oregon
    20 - 31 L Oct 22, 1994

vs Oregon State
    24 - 10 W Oct 29, 1994

at Stanford
    28 - 46 L Nov 5, 1994

vs California
    31 - 19 W Nov 12, 1994

at Washington State
    6 - 23 L Nov 19, 1994
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    That was a friggin disappointing season. Beating Ohio State and Miami in OOC games in the same season back then meant you had enough talent to compete for a conference title. Losing to USC always sucks, but it was downright embarrassing to lose to Oregon, Stanford and the Cougs that year. That was a clear sign that a change at the top would be needed.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Is the season over?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    dick "coaches-should-never-get-fired" baird? The guy has absolutely Z-E-R-O credibility. An ex-coach? Sure, but he has ruined his good name with the constant excuses and pandering over the past decade plus. I want to urinate in his bourbon.

Not to mention he actually had the audacity to scrap with me on air. What gall.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    PurpleJ said:

I stopped reading there.

Bairds been using this FS talking point for years. Oh having to play a good team your first game is so hard, except that your opponent is in the exact same position. There is no advantage gained by playing Boise in the third game if they also get to play two games before it. It only makes sense if you are incapable of thinking.

And calling Boise an A game and Illinois a B game. Christ. UW is playing a B-F-F ooc schedule.
    I too laughed at referring to BSU, Illinois and Idaho State as an ABC schedule. The only saving grace is the road trip to Chicago.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Anytime - anywhere - anyone.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:

I stopped reading there.

Bairds been using this FS talking point for years. Oh having to play a good team your first game is so hard, except that your opponent is in the exact same position. There is no advantage gained by playing Boise in the third game if they also get to play two games before it. It only makes sense if you are incapable of thinking.

And calling Boise an A game and Illinois a B game. Christ. UW is playing a B-F-F ooc schedule.
    To be fair, it's a B-C-F schedule. Illinois is a BCS conference team after all.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited August 2013
    Youth. Schedule. Injuries.

The iron laws of doog.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

That was a friggin disappointing season. Beating Ohio State and Miami in OOC games in the same season back then meant you had enough talent to compete for a conference title. Losing to USC always sucks, but it was downright embarrassing to lose to Oregon, Stanford and the Cougs that year. That was a clear sign that a change at the top would be needed.

Lambright should have been fired on the 50 yard line at the end of the Apple Cup Oregon game.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

PurpleJ said:

I stopped reading there.

To be fair, it's a B-C-F schedule. Illinois is a BCS conference team after all.
    Kind of makes me wonder what other teams think about playing Washington.

Are we a B or C game?

Fuck.