Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC's Steve Sarkisian tells draft-eligible players to embrace bowl

2»

Comments

• Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Could he have meant Kasen?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014

Leonard Williams is for sure gone. He's top 5 on most draft boards. Most physically dominant lineman I saw all year in the Pac12, by a wide margin. Buck Allen is a fucktard if he stays. Agholor I could see go either way.

Sark is FUCKED if Kessler leaves. Not sure Kessler has much more upside to show in college, just more time for NFL scouts to pick apart his game and his lack of size and athleticism. Plus I assume he has his degree already as a RS Junior. My guess is he stays though as he probably doesn't have much draft potential this year anyway.

I've never been overly impressed with Leonard Williams. He looks like a monster and is always touted as a top 5 pick, but his production didn't always match that. I realize what I am saying is different from what NFL scouts say.

Shelton was more dominant imo. Kikaha, Orchard, and Henry Anderson were all great as well.
    He didn't produce a lot of stats, but he was coached by Kiffin and Sark for 3 years so give him a break. How impressed were you guys with Shelton after his first 3 years with Sark?

Danny Shelton will be a first or second round pick - but if you are going to scout on stats alone you need to dig deeper on Danny Boy. Half his tackles, over half his TFLs, and nearly all his sacks occured out of conference vs that 4some of Special Olympians you guys played.

LW had more tackles TFLs and Sacks than Shelton in conference games
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Leonard Williams is for sure gone. He's top 5 on most draft boards. Most physically dominant lineman I saw all year in the Pac12, by a wide margin. Buck Allen is a fucktard if he stays. Agholor I could see go either way.

Sark is FUCKED if Kessler leaves. Not sure Kessler has much more upside to show in college, just more time for NFL scouts to pick apart his game and his lack of size and athleticism. Plus I assume he has his degree already as a RS Junior. My guess is he stays though as he probably doesn't have much draft potential this year anyway.

I've never been overly impressed with Leonard Williams. He looks like a monster and is always touted as a top 5 pick, but his production didn't always match that. I realize what I am saying is different from what NFL scouts say.

Shelton was more dominant imo. Kikaha, Orchard, and Henry Anderson were all great as well.
    He didn't produce a lot of stats, but he was coached by Kiffin and Sark for 3 years so give him a break. How impressed were you guys with Shelton after his first 3 years with Sark?

Danny Shelton will be a first or second round pick - but if you are going to scout on stats alone you need to dig deeper on Danny Boy. Half his tackles, over half his TFLs, and nearly all his sacks occured out of conference vs that 4some of Special Olympians you guys played.

I've seen dominant college DL. Williams ain't one of them yet. A lot of Williams hype is based on his potential. I felt the same way about Dion Jordan. Both guys looked the part and were great athletes, but the production never matched the hype. I predict Williams will be decent, but essentially a bust if he's picked top 5.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I've seen dominant college DL. Williams ain't one of them yet. A lot of Williams hype is based on his potential. I felt the same way about Dion Jordan. Both guys looked the part and were great athletes, but the production never matched the hype. I predict Williams will be decent, but essentially a bust if he's picked top 5.
    You may be right, but Williams is way better that Dion Jordan.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I've never seen Max Browne play, but he was the number 1 QB out of high school. Is he really that overrated?
    With a good coach, maybe not but with Sark he could be fucked unless the NFL scouts place a premium on throwing bubble screens.