Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

SEA @ AZ Game Thread

1234568»

Comments

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    The rams game was the only of the last 3 that scared me. Plus theyre fucking dirty and will play to injure
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    dnc said:

Rams game isn't a gimme.

Definitely not. They honestly scare me worse in Seattle than any of the playoff opponents would. It helps that the Rams beat Seattle earlier, will make it harder to look past them.
    More than Dallas? Detroit?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Rams game isn't a gimme.

Definitely not. They honestly scare me worse in Seattle than any of the playoff opponents would. It helps that the Rams beat Seattle earlier, will make it harder to look past them.
    More than Dallas? Detroit?
    Yes. Not saying they're better than those teams, but there's no fucking way they drop another one to Dallas. And they're not losing to Matt Stafford. GB scares me far worse than either of those teams do. But the Rams game scares me because they always play us tough, and Fisher knows they have nothing to loose so he can pull out trick play crap. And it's kind of a classic trap game coming after the battle for the division and before the playoffs. I don't think they overlook the Rams, but it's the only game left where there's any chance the opponent might be more jacked for the game than the Hawks are.
    Disagree. GB doesn't worry me.
    The only team that can come into Seattle and win is one who fights fire with fire. Detroit and Dallas can both be physical and muddy the game up on offense and defense
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited December 2014

Arizona was 6th in total defense and 11-3 with no quarterback. Seattle blowing them out doesn't change that. It means the Seattle offense played great

Sure, that's certainly one way of looking at it.
    So their defense sucks?
    Lots of people here saw the Cards shut the Rams down last week and assumed the result today would be the same. Oregon versus the SEC corollary. Arizona doesn't suck--I'm not Sven--but they were a little overrated outside of the pass rush.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club
    Detroit doesn't scare me at all. I haven't seen them much this year but they barely beat little Jimmy Clausen and the Bears today.

Dallas and their o line are a little concerning. Tony Homo is actually pretty good when given adequate protection.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Fuck this team
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The only team that beats the Seahawks is the Seahawks.
    edited December 2014
    Check out @mikejurecki's Tweet:

Cards have given up 500+ to Philly, Seattle, Atlanta, and Denver.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Detroit doesn't scare me at all. I haven't seen them much this year but they barely beat little Jimmy Clausen and the Bears today.

Dallas and their o line are a little concerning. Tony Homo is actually pretty good when given adequate protection.

The fucking ginger ran Murray into the ground too soon. Dallas isn't getting to Seattle, much less winning there again.

The fucking ginger ran Murray into the ground too soon. Dallas isn't getting to Seattle, much less winning there again.
    That I agree with.
    Dallas beats Detroit, Green bay beats Dallas rather easily
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club

And yet they were 6th over 14 games. It was 14-6 after 3 with their offense producing about 100 yards

If you predicted Seattle blowing them out great. Most didn't because Arizona defense is for real.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kearse's job is fine. He is a pretty good special teams player. I think the WRs for the future will be Baldwin/Richardson/Kearse/Lockette as they all contribute besides just the WR spot. I just don't think getting a big stud WR does this team that much good as long as they are a run the ball/playground football type of team.

By the way did people see Lockette on Marshawn's run? Mother fucker laid like 5 blocks total during that thing. He isn't a great WR but he is a great blocker/ST guy/team player.

The biggest surprise to me was how well the O Line played last night. I think Okung is kind of a bum and might be on his way out next year. Could possibly see Unger leaving too if that is what they need to do to make sure Wilson/Bobby get their money and Marshawn will be retiring as a Seahawk.

Lockette was spectacular on that run. Even better than Marshawn was. Very very impressive.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,549 Founders Club

Lots of awesome in this game! This was Bevell's best coaching job ever. He probably just got himself a head coaching gig. They routinely destroyed Arizona's blitz and they got Willson (a really fast tight end) isolated on Larry Foote who is slower than me. Bailey isn't worse than Okung now. They probably won't cut Okung in the offseason but it wouldn't surprise me either. Richardson looks like a legit good wide receiver, I think Kearse just saw his job taken from him. The defense wasn't even all that great IMO, but they held AZ to 6 points and completely shut down their run. Insane.

Agreed about Bevell

He's done a really good job in the second half of the season with no great receivers or real burners, and some offensive line injuries...and let's face it, a q.b. that's about 3 or 4 inches short of what a lot of football people accept as the minimum height.

Hugh kept saying that Arizona was reckless on defense this morning, but hell, he and Wilson took advantage really well. I'll give credit when it's due. All that said, if he does get a h.c. gig, it won't be an end of the world.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    "Fire Bevell" - said all the 12s.
    edited December 2014

And yet they were 6th over 14 games. It was 14-6 after 3 with their offense producing about 100 yards

If you predicted Seattle blowing them out great. Most didn't because Arizona defense is for real.
    I predicted a close game, but then 596 yards happened and I realized that Arizona doesn't have the back end athleticism to match up with teams like Seattle where you have a mobile qb putting pressure on reads. Just look at the two Willson TDs, Arizona was totally caught in no man's land. Also, it's a 60 minute game yadda yadda.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

Detroit is coached by Jim Caldwell. They aren't going to do anything in the playoffs.