Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

To Those Who Think The Huskies Will Start 4-0

What the fuck? Have you not watched Sark ball the last 4 years? I'll help you out:

Loss at home to LSU, loss to an average Notre Dame team on the road.

Faceplant to open the season at BYU, curb stomping at home against a good, but ultimately non BCS Nebraska.

We fucking got lucky to hang on against Eastern Washington, played shitty at home against Hawaii, and got boat raced in Lincoln.

Squeaked by SDSU because their coach was a fucktard, got annihilated in Baton Rouge.

There is no reason to think Boise isn't capable of beating us, handily, to open the season. And just like 2009 Notre Dame and 2010 BYU, they could lay an egg at Illinois. Shit, Arizona's probably due to beat us at Husky Stadium again. Then we have Oregon and Stanford coming up? I'm predicting 2-2 after the first 4 and probably 2-5 after that. FUCK.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I'd be shocked if they start 2-0.

Sark gonna Sark.

And yes, the annual three game midseason losing streak is a given this year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013
    If we play like we have in past openers against Boise, we will lose. I think we should win, but it will be a close game that could go either way.

We should beat Illinois, but then again, it is a road game. Probably another game that will be close. Illinois is supposed to be bad, but they are have to be better than WSU was last year.

Tough to know what to expect with Arizona. They are probably going to go with a freshman at QB. If they don't get good QB play, we should win rather easily. However, if they get good QB play, it's a coin toss.

I don't know what to expect. I won't be all that surprised by 2-2, 3-1, or 4-0.
  • I'd be shocked if they start 2-0.

Sark gonna Sark.

In other words, The season is over.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Sark gonna Sark.

The 2010 face plant at BYU spawned that saying
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

What the fuck? Have you not watched Sark ball the last 4 years? I'll help you out:

Faceplant to open the season at BYU, curb stomping at home against a good, but ultimately non BCS Nebraska.

We fucking got lucky to hang on against Eastern Washington, played shitty at home against Hawaii, and got boat raced in Lincoln.

Squeaked by SDSU because their coach was a fucktard, got annihilated in Baton Rouge.

There is no reason to think Boise isn't capable of beating us, handily, to open the season. And just like 2009 Notre Dame and 2010 BYU, they could lay an egg at Illinois. Shit, Arizona's probably due to beat us at Husky Stadium again. Then we have Oregon and Stanford coming up? I'm predicting 2-2 after the first 4 and probably 2-5 after that. FUCK.

Mute point

UW could start the year 4-0 or 0-4 and will still finish 7-6.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I'd be shocked if they start 21-0.

Sark gonna Sark.

Sark gonna Sark.

The 2010 face plant at BYU spawned that saying
    You were right then and you've been right ever since. That season sucked and it was the tallest midget in the Steve Sarkisian Circus.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300

Mute point

and either way the season would be a push from woodards perspective
    brchco12 said:

Mute point

and either way the season would be incremental progress from woodards perspective
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Brcho12 said. . .

"and either way the season would be a push from woodards perspective."

And sadly, most fans would agree with Woody.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    I wouldn't be surprised if we went below .500 with the way our OL is shaping up.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Fuck it. I say we go 4-0. I'm too tired for negative shit today. Even if it's reality.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

If they don't get good QB play, we should win rather easily.

Say 34-17?

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    DeepSeaZ said:

Fuck it. I say we go 4-0. I'm too tired for negative shit today. Even if it's reality.

Bitching about bitching already?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I think we start 4-0 cause that's the only way we get to seven wins, we're not winning vs, Oregon at Stan at OSU at UCLA and at ASU. HTH
    edited August 2013
    dhdawg said:

I think we start 4-0 cause that's the only way we get to seven wins, we're not winning vs, Oregon at Stan at OSU at UCLA and at ASU. HTH

Disagree:

Sark always pulls 1-2 victories out of his ass, but gives those same wins away at some point in the year.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

Disagree:

Sark always pulls 1-2 victories out of his ass, but gives those same wins away at some point in the year.
    But those always come at home, and the only good/top team they have at home is oregon and boise st. I gave him BSU and I'm not giving him Oregon

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Disagree:

But those always come at home, and the only good/top team they have at home is oregon and boise st. I gave him BSU and I'm not giving him Oregon

Disagree

2010 at USC

2011 at Utah (Since Utah won more games that year than Sark ever has in a season it counts)
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Good points, but the slow starts in Sark's first three seasons were obviously due in large part to his defense early in those seasons being the worst any of us had ever seen. Well managed successful programs often must rely on strong defense in early games, especially on the road, until their offenses catch-up. The Husky defense was significantly better last season after Sark's staff purge the previous Winter and early success in 2013 will largely depend on that improvement continuing. The BSU game will show us immediately if that is at all possible. Beyond that, I must take it one week and one game at a time.