Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark-and-staff-FS

The scoop: "He really scares me because he has major talent, but I also wonder if he's on his best behavior because it's a contract year for him. What happens when he signs his contract?" - NFC West scout on Washington DT Danny Shelton

The skinny: Shelton posted rare sack numbers this year as an interior rusher and is an outstanding athlete for a man his size. Scouts, however, are concerned with Shelton's personality and work ethic. More than one scout has said the previous coaching staff at Washington had issues with Shelton's surliness and selfishness. Shelton's weight has to be monitored in the pros, and he could stand to play with more consistent power, but big nose tackles who can cave pockets and pursue running backs from sideline to sideline are rare. Shelton's tape will ultimately tell the tale, but if there are worries about his character or work ethic, it could cost him spots in the draft.
Sources Tell Us: What we're hearing about top NFL prospects

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    Why anyone would seriously consider what our previous shitty staff says is beyond me.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    he'll be drafted, someone will be made out to be a genius in grabbing him

if only Petersen had as strong a track record putting out DL talent as Sark does

oh wait
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How the fuck did Peterman handle his edginess?????????????????????????????
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Maybe the previous staff should be answering why Ivan's world-class conditioning program had Shelton gassed after 2 plays, and 1 year with grown ups in charge made a huge difference.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wow.

Even from Dude Brah and his staff's standards, that is fucked up.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    The scout that said that should be fired, what a fucktard. The whole pre-draft complex needs to diaff.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,538
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

The scoop: "He really scares me because he has major talent, but I also wonder if he's on his best behavior because it's a contract year for him. What happens when he signs his contract?" - NFC West scout on Washington DT Danny Shelton

The skinny: Shelton posted rare sack numbers this year as an interior rusher and is an outstanding athlete for a man his size. Scouts, however, are concerned with Shelton's personality and work ethic. More than one scout has said the previous coaching staff at Washington had issues with Shelton's surliness and selfishness. Shelton's weight has to be monitored in the pros, and he could stand to play with more consistent power, but big nose tackles who can cave pockets and pursue running backs from sideline to sideline are rare. Shelton's tape will ultimately tell the tale, but if there are worries about his character or work ethic, it could cost him spots in the draft.
    Sources Tell Us: What we're hearing about top NFL prospects
    The fuck?

How many 3.6 GPA student athletes have a work ethic problem?

Fuck Sark.
    What was ASJ's GPA?
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Being a half ass Seahawk fan, I hope that NFC scout convinces a bunch of teams to pass on him, because I doubt the local team would.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    This scout is either:

a. Full of shit and trying to provide misdirection so Shelton falls to his team in the draft
    b. A fucking retard for using the prior staff's opinion for anything

Seriously, Shelton is as complete of an NFL DT prospect as they come.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shelton played a ton of snaps at a high energy level. He didn't commit penalties. He didn't show off or celebrate excessively (if at all this year). You didn't seem him punching, pushing or jerking players around after tackles. All you saw was a dominant player with no signs of fatigue or anything else other than energy, focus and intensity.

Fucking Sark and staff. What a bunch of jackoffs. It's worse than I even realized.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    I just remember all the doogman fucktards calling him fat at fall camp.