Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

IF this team beats OU...

...and assuming they don't shit the bed in conference play, that should all but guarantee a protected seed in the tourney.

Which means opening round games in either Seattle or Portland.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-11-12/preliminary-round-sites-announced-2014-2015-ncaa-tournaments

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Upshaw isn't letting you back on the bandwagon.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Upshaw isn't letting you back on the bandwagon.

The only wagon I am off of is the NBA hype wagon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I didn't realize Eastern was such a quality win. #42 right now on realtimerpi. Hard to imagine they stay top 50 but they'll certainly remain top 100, probably top 75. Combined with the 4-0 5-0 road/neutral record (thanks Key Arena!) and the UTEP and SDSU wins this is easily one of the strongest non conference resume's we've ever seen out of Romar. That Oklahoma game looms very large. If we can get a strong 27-30 minutes out of Upshaw I think we win that one at home. Great time for the Dawgpack to get their shit together.

A protected seed doesn't actually seem out of the question, which is nuts. I did not have that high of expectations for this year's team. Upshaw is a fucking difference maker.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oklahoma isn't a home game
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Agreed on this year expectations. The team is gelling together well, and has heart that we have complained about for years. Watching NWG and even DJ hit big shots is something we haven't seen since IT ran around with the ball.

A sign of a good team is holding their shit together even when playing poorly. I'd say vs eastern we didn't see a great defensive game, and our shooting was once again failing us. That being said, they found a way to make buckets at the end of the game. Watching anderson rip someone to the hole and finish while getting hammered was a thing of beauty. Upshaw going out and hitting FT's after starting a crips 2/10.

NWG pulling that 3 was incredibly out of left field, and his reaction was fucking priceless. The anderson shot, the nwg dagger was what gave confidence to DJ to just pull up. Confidence and swagger spread on teams, just as much as discontent and being a fucking pussy(yes i'm pointing at quite a few recent UW teams) can go from one person to another.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

oh
  • Options
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

oh
    That would make it even cooler if the students showed up.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

oh
    I thought they were all kicked out for taunting. Newer, friendlier confines ...
  • Options
    pawz said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

oh
    They deserve to get banned for life for the over rated chant.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

oh
    To be fair, you don't want them talking that way about your own coach.

What?!
  • Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

oh
    To be fair, you don't want them talking that way about your own coach.

What?!
    BOOM, roasted!!1!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'll be very interested to see the game in Vegas this weekend ...

Oklahoma can score and it will be a good test for us. I tend to think that we struggle scoring ... so a team like Oklahoma really can cause us problems.

I'm still a little lukewarm on our prospects as a whole because I don't think we're a Top 10-15 team in the country. However, we do play good defense and definitely look like a tournament team.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Oklahoma can score and it will be a good test for us. I tend to think that we struggle scoring ... so a team like Oklahoma really can cause us problems.

I'm still a little lukewarm on our prospects as a whole because I don't think we're a Top 10-15 team in the country. However, we do play good defense and definitely look like a tournament team.

Agree on all counts. I think we'll struggle Saturday.
    I think uw is probably a notch below a top 20 team and a notch above a bubble team. Somewhere in the middle
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Tequilla said:

Agree on all counts. I think we'll struggle Saturday.
    I think uw is probably a notch below a top 20 team and a notch above a bubble team. Somewhere in the middle
    Strike me as a 7-10 seed.

However, if they can take care of their business, they could end up the year as a 4 seed if everything breaks right (read into that win their games that they should at home in conference and avoid the bad road losses).

If they lose to Oklahoma this weekend, go at minimum 7-2 at home during conference, get splits in the Bay Area and Mountain Road Trips, avoid the trap of losing games to USC, Wazzu, and Oregon State, and split the road games between Oregon/UCLA, that's a 13-5 team in conference and a 24-6 team heading into the Conference Tournament ... so possibly a 25-7 team going into the NCAAs.

Given that the PAC is down a bit this year, that would strike me as a 6 or 7 seed. Lose a few more games during the year and you're probably in the 8-9 game or a 10 seed.

There wasn't a single at-large team in last year's tournament that had single digit losses that was on the bubble come tournament time.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Awfully cold for March

I know you are just making a point but it was in the 60s a couple days in the last week or so, in Seattle.

That is not not cold by March standards.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    God. Could you imagine this team without Upshaw. Last years team already would have lost at least 3 or 4 of these games. They might have a losing record.

Going undefeated in OOC will be huge for this team because I don't really see them as being dominant in league play until they find a consistent shooter.
  • Options

God. Could you imagine this team without Upshaw. Last years team already would have lost at least 3 or 4 of these games. They might have a losing record.

Going undefeated in OOC will be huge for this team because I don't really see them as being dominant in league play until they find a consistent shooter.

Up voted for Upshaw comment.

Conference has a lot of middling NIT teams this year. Win good percentage of home games and split basically on the road - that's doable with this team.

Biggest difference in this team YoY is that they understand their identity