Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's up next for the Ducks?

The script has been burnt. Mosster's cats have been plungered. Helfrich didn't eat too many taters before the game and Pellum's defense showed up big time. Who does Oregon draw in the first round of the playoffs and how well will they match up against the mystery team in question? The only thing for certain is that it probably won't be Alabama. I'm hoping FSU.

Comments

• blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184

RoadDawg55 is right.

Forgotten in the great run by Oregon last night was the dear in the headlights start.

Or all the false start penalties?!?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    Against a great tough defense with perimeter speed, Mariota will be neutralized. If forced to throw into tight windows he will look average.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,473 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Why is everyone making it look like Oregon will fail? I think they win it all this year. I think they are playing like the best team in the cuntry. They will never have a better chance. Once in a generation type QB and all.

Ducks finally get that elusive NC. Doogs everywhere cry. Softy kills himself. Kim makes up some bullshit about how they will have to forfeit the NC in 5 years due to recruiting practices. Slingblade finally pops off.

Cook it!

It's very possible. They have dominated. I'm just pointing out the chinks I see in Mariota's armor.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Why is everyone making it look like Oregon will fail? I think they win it all this year. I think they are playing like the best team in the cuntry. They will never have a better chance. Once in a generation type QB and all.

Ducks finally get that elusive NC. Doogs everywhere cry. Softy kills himself. Kim makes up some bullshit about how they will have to forfeit the NC in 5 years due to recruiting practices. Slingblade finally pops off.

Cook it!

Oregon looks great until they don't. Iron law.

I wouldn't bet against it but I need to see a championship
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I want Mariota to pop off just so DJ will be proven wrong.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Agreed. Mariota is damn good. He's thrown two picks* all year!

and a Timu

I want Mariota to pop his ACL just so DJ will be proven wrong.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    In years past, I never fully got on the Oregon bandwagon. I am this year. They are really good. Mariota is the best player in CFB and Freeman gives them a power runner to get tough yards the other scat backs sometimes couldn't. They are also catching the rest of the country at the right time when there are no dominant teams.

yes, you've had a hard on for me for awhile.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club

In years past, I never fully got on the Oregon bandwagon. I am this year. They are really good. Mariota is the best player in CFB and Freeman gives them a power runner to get tough yards the other scat backs sometimes couldn't. They are also catching the rest of the country at the right time when there are no dominant teams.

They're more physical in general than they've been since 2001. I like this team and do think they have a great shot to win out, especially against the probable field. This has been a down year of sorts with no truly "dominant" team, and Oregon is playing the best football they've played all year, they're peaking at the right time. I think they're due, but Derek is absolutely right. Mariota has looked average when he's been pressured and forced to throw into tight windows, and there will be defenses in the playoffs capable of forcing that issue. Oregon is executing at a high level right now, so in the end, I do like their chances, but also wouldn't bet against them losing to an Alabama or FSU due to the points Derek is making. We'll see what happens.

Classic fusky flame!!!! Even better because I don't think you meant it as one.

Oregon fans are sensitive because we say they only win things in down years.

I posted this week on open season that it's a down year for the Heisman the Pac12 and the National Championship.

Nobody bit
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

The script has been burnt. Mosster's cats have been plungered. Helfrich didn't eat too many taters before the game and Pellum's defense showed up big time. Who does Oregon draw in the first round of the playoffs and how well will they match up against the mystery team in question? The only thing for certain is that it probably won't be Alabama. I'm hoping FSU.

If I were you, I would hope for TCU. TCU has overachieved this year and Oregon has more talent than them. FSU has looked shitty at times this year, but they have won 28 in a row, and their players have played in a lot of tough games when the chips are down.
    The biggest difference in TCU this year and TCU the last 2 years is competent QB play.

TCU winning/sharing the Big 12 title is hardly a shock to me.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

If I were you, I would hope for TCU. TCU has overachieved this year and Oregon has more talent than them. FSU has looked shitty at times this year, but they have won 28 in a row, and their players have played in a lot of tough games when the chips are down.
    The biggest difference in TCU this year and TCU the last 2 years is competent QB play.

TCU winning/sharing the Big 12 title is hardly a shock to me.
    I'm not surprised you're not surprise. You predicted UW to go 12-1 and win the North. You're a doogfroog.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    1) Easy to call out the times I'm wrong but not when I'm right

2) I still believe that there was a path to 12-1 this year with better QB play ... the difference between 8-5 and 11-2 or thereabouts this year was fairly slim

3) I believe that I made comments on this board before the season saying that I wouldn't be surprised if TCU won the Big 12 ... also believe that I have consistently cited that the problem with TCU the last 2 years was QB play and that the defense was playing well enough for them to win at a high level in the Big 12 IF the QB play caught up (which it did this year).
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited December 2014

yes, you've had a hard on for me for awhile.
    Wtf? Definitely non-consensual.