Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's up next for the Ducks?

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

RoadDawg55 is right.

Forgotten in the great run by Oregon last night was the dear in the headlights start.

No offense Race, but in this situation you are rationalizing to the conclusion you want to draw.

Alabama looked like they were going to get boat raced against Auburn, and their QB was looking more like Vinny in the 86 Fiesta than anyone I've seen since. Kid was throwing garbage ints and Bama was shitting the bed against Malzone.

So have we forgotten that? Does a bad quarter and a half look bad only when it's Oregon?

Come on. They left 28 pts. on the board just falling asleep playing in the rain on recently-replaced turf. Lots of jumping and stupid shit, but it's not like they were being overwhelmed.

And their D did not look like a dear from the beginning through the end.

You're reaching here.
  • Options

Against a great tough defense with perimeter speed, Mariota will be neutralized. If forced to throw into tight windows he will look average.

He didn't look average throwing into tight windows against Oregon State or Arizona last night.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Swaye said:

Why is everyone making it look like Oregon will fail? I think they win it all this year. I think they are playing like the best team in the cuntry. They will never have a better chance. Once in a generation type QB and all.

Ducks finally get that elusive NC. Doogs everywhere cry. Softy kills himself. Kim makes up some bullshit about how they will have to forfeit the NC in 5 years due to recruiting practices. Slingblade finally pops off.

Cook it!

Oregon looks great until they don't. Iron law.

I wouldn't bet against it but I need to see a championship
    Alabama and FSU looks great until they don't. Iron law.

Free shoes has been lucky - namely against ND. If their QB doesn't drop the ball unforced 18 fucking times then they looze one to the Dome at home. That's just off the top of my head.

Alabama almost waited too long to wake up against Auburn.

And of course, they lost to an Ole Miss team which has had an epic season .... FOR THEM.

Iron Laws abound. You're reaching and this is as biased as I've ever seen you poast.
  • Options

In years past, I never fully got on the Oregon bandwagon. I am this year. They are really good. Mariota is the best player in CFB and Freeman gives them a power runner to get tough yards the other scat backs sometimes couldn't. They are also catching the rest of the country at the right time when there are no dominant teams.

agreed with all that but the dominant teams part. Bamers is dominant, and Free shoes, while not the ass kicking machine they were before, doesn't lose.

and cfb has more parity than ever, making the run all the harder.
  • Options

In years past, I never fully got on the Oregon bandwagon. I am this year. They are really good. Mariota is the best player in CFB and Freeman gives them a power runner to get tough yards the other scat backs sometimes couldn't. They are also catching the rest of the country at the right time when there are no dominant teams.

They're more physical in general than they've been since 2001. I like this team and do think they have a great shot to win out, especially against the probable field. This has been a down year of sorts with no truly "dominant" team, and Oregon is playing the best football they've played all year, they're peaking at the right time. I think they're due, but Derek is absolutely right. Mariota has looked average when he's been pressured and forced to throw into tight windows, and there will be defenses in the playoffs capable of forcing that issue. Oregon is executing at a high level right now, so in the end, I do like their chances, but also wouldn't bet against them losing to an Alabama or FSU due to the points Derek is making. We'll see what happens.
    All QBs look average when pressured. If there is an Iron Law, it's that.

I will say, I think Sling Blade, or Frost, sometimes fuck up when there is pressure coming from inside. Mariota throws better on the run than any QB I can remember in a long time, and he's so fucking fast, I don't know why when theyr'e getting pocket pressure they don't just roll him out more by design. He's deadly when rolling out and it gives his receivers all kinds of time.

• Options

Classic fusky flame!!!! Even better because I don't think you meant it as one.

Oregon fans are sensitive because we say they only win things in down years.

I posted this week on open season that it's a down year for the Heisman the Pac12 and the National Championship.

Nobody bit
    Well, because half the husky fan base has rationalized Oregon's ascendance on that basis. Just because 90% of the smart Husky fans are on this board doesn't mean the rest of the fan base isn't just krisvashon FS. it is.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

agreed with all that but the dominant teams part. Bamers is dominant, and Free shoes, while not the ass kicking machine they were before, doesn't lose.

and cfb has more parity than ever, making the run all the harder.
    Alabama might still be the favorite, but this year's team would get plungered by the one that beat Notre Dame or the one that beat LSU. It's probably the weakest team they have had in the past four years. The previous teams had better OL's and better defense. McCarron was more consistent than Sims too. Oregon would not have had the athletes up front to beat those teams.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadDawg55 is right.

Forgotten in the great run by Oregon last night was the dear in the headlights start.

No offense Race, but in this situation you are rationalizing to the conclusion you want to draw.

Alabama looked like they were going to get boat raced against Auburn, and their QB was looking more like Vinny in the 86 Fiesta than anyone I've seen since. Kid was throwing garbage ints and Bama was shitting the bed against Malzone.

So have we forgotten that? Does a bad quarter and a half look bad only when it's Oregon?

Come on. They left 28 pts. on the board just falling asleep playing in the rain on recently-replaced turf. Lots of jumping and stupid shit, but it's not like they were being overwhelmed.

You're reaching here.
    Thanks for making my point. Helfrich was rattled and so was his team.81% of the time when you have 250 yards and 6 points while dominating TOP you lose.

The Duck defense bailed them out and I give them credit for that. But they still were rattled and a good team could have got them

Bama has nothing to do with it. You want to duck Oregon's dick it's fine with me. I'm libertarian like that
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

RoadDawg55 is right.

You're reaching here.
    Thanks for making my point. Helfrich was rattled and so was his team.81% of the time when you have 250 yards and 6 points while dominating TOP you lose.

The Duck defense bailed them out and I give them credit for that. But they still were rattled and a good team could have got them

Bama has nothing to do with it. You want to duck Oregon's dick it's fine with me. I'm libertarian like that
    There's a reason they play the full 60 minutes, but you know that right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadDawg55 is right.

You're reaching here.

There's a reason they play the full 60 minutes, but you know that right?
    There's a reason people need to read for comprehension too.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

RoadDawg55 is right.

You're reaching here.

there is no interest in dick here my freng. but tanks for being so open minded. you're good that way.

my point is just simple: Oregon, depending on which Oregon shows up and depending on whether they can get some healthy linemen ready, could give Bama some trouble. Could be a route on Oregon, who knows? But something tells me no.

I think their QB is the real deal, and I think they have a RB who gives them a physical element who can influence/change how Ds staff the box. they're not just trying to contain La Mike, Kenjon or Thomas - this kid is freight train my friend, a freight train who can move, has nice feet and vision (compare his choices to Tyner's who tends to run into his blockers) and likes the contact.

the latter point makes Oregon different than they've been in a while. and with those two basic elements in place, Oregon has other players they can use to hurt as they keep you playing them honest.

but yeah, if the opposing D line is in Mariota's face on every play, and Oregon doesn't scheme around that by rolling him out and stretching the D line and tiring the phat boys, then it's a long day for the ducks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

RoadDawg55 is right.

You're reaching here.

there is no interest in dick here my freng. but tanks for being so open minded. you're good that way.

my point is just simple: Oregon, depending on which Oregon shows up and depending on whether they can get some healthy linemen ready, could give Bama some trouble. Could be a route on Oregon, who knows? But something tells me no.

I think their QB is the real deal, and I think they have a RB who gives them a physical element who can influence/change how Ds staff the box. they're not just trying to contain La Mike, Kenjon or Thomas - this kid is freight train my friend, a freight train who can move, has nice feet and vision (compare his choices to Tyner's who tends to run into his blockers) and likes the contact.

the latter point makes Oregon different than they've been in a while. and with those two basic elements in place, Oregon has other players they can use to hurt as they keep you playing them honest.

but yeah, if the opposing D line is in Mariota's face on every play, and Oregon doesn't scheme around that by rolling him out and stretching the D line and tiring the phat boys, then it's a long day for the ducks.
    It's all good. Of course Oregon will be competitive and they can win. UW had no chance against Oklahoma. That's the way it is for non USC west coast teams.

I'm just happy to see Simms play so much better. Bama can outscore them if it comes down to it.