Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fetters baseball knowledge even worse than his football knowledge.

124»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2014

Saunders is terrible and when you have to resort to he "is not as bad as Morrison", then you know he sucks. He put up somewhat respectable numbers with limited ABs last year, but baseball is a game of trends, and most likely he would have fell off to his normal numbers based on 450-500 ABs.

Ackley has put up comparable numbers (in some cases better) in just 4 seasons and has a much higher upside.

And I would hold judgement on this move because there is a decent change Melky Cabrera may take Saunders' spot in the outfield.

"Somewhat respectable?" By that logic seager's numbers were also "somewhat respectable" as well.
    Ackley had a better 2011, I will give you that. Since then it really hasn't been a comparison between the two.
    Ackley has been more durable, when on the field Saunders has been better
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    The Mariners have been loosing for so long, you fuckers are mooning over a *very* average outfielder. There is every chance Happ isn't even on the team at opening day, and if he is, he's depth. M's management is happy, Saunders is happy, it's just not a big deal. Happ will take innings from Erasmo, which I hope we all agree is a good thing. I know they aren't done. By all accounts, they are looking for an OF with a big bat.

I am hopefull this is akley's last year. Maybe he can kick Jack Z in the cunt, and they can get mad at him, too. I would be happy to trade him for a bag of balls and a can of cope.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Saunders is terrible and when you have to resort to he "is not as bad as Morrison", then you know he sucks. He put up somewhat respectable numbers with limited ABs last year, but baseball is a game of trends, and most likely he would have fell off to his normal numbers based on 450-500 ABs.

Ackley has put up comparable numbers (in some cases better) in just 4 seasons and has a much higher upside.

And I would hold judgement on this move because there is a decent change Melky Cabrera may take Saunders' spot in the outfield.

"Somewhat respectable?" By that logic seager's numbers were also "somewhat respectable" as well.
    Ackley had a better 2011, I will give you that. Since then it really hasn't been a comparison between the two.
    You are putting way too much stock into a 263 AB sample size. Like a said, baseball is a game of trends and averages.

162 game avg: Avg HR RBI OBP SLG OPS

Saunders: .231 15 53 .301 .384 .685 6 seasons

Ackley: .245 12 59 .309 .366 .676 4 seasons

Seager: .262 22 81 .328 .429 .757 4 seasons

Ackley & Saunders are almost a wash, but Ackley has shown more in 2 less seasons and appears to have the higher upside. I also think Saunders will always be limited due to his LONG swing.

I threw Seager's #s in for a laugh just to show how stupid your comment was.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dick_B said:

The Mariners have been loosing for so long, you fuckers are mooning over a *very* average outfielder. There is every chance Happ isn't even on the team at opening day, and if he is, he's depth. M's management is happy, Saunders is happy, it's just not a big deal. Happ will take innings from Erasmo, which I hope we all agree is a good thing. I know they aren't done. By all accounts, they are looking for an OF with a big bat.

I am hopefull this is akley's last year. Maybe he can kick Jack Z in the cunt, and they can get mad at him, too. I would be happy to trade him for a bag of balls and a can of cope.

Fucking this. Get over Saunders, he wasn't anything special. We get depth and no Erasimo. Christ.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

dhdawg said:

You are putting way too much stock into a 263 AB sample size. Like a said, baseball is a game of trends and averages.

162 game avg: Avg HR RBI OBP SLG OPS

Saunders: .231 15 53 .301 .384 .685 6 seasons

Ackley: .245 12 59 .309 .366 .676 4 seasons

Seager: .262 22 81 .328 .429 .757 4 seasons

Ackley & Saunders are almost a wash, but Ackley has shown more in 2 less seasons and appears to have the higher upside. I also think Saunders will always be limited due to his LONG swing.

I threw Seager's #s in for a laugh just to show how stupid your comment was.

You said he put up "somewhat respectable" numbers with limited AB's last year. Implying that in limited time his numbers were "somewhat respectable"
    Newsflash, his ops was better than seager's last year in limited time.
    Also I said since then (after 2011) regarding the Ackley comment. I didn't say anything about saunders' career numbers.
    Perhaps you should read
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Bottom line is that people need to get off of Saunders' junk ... he's a very expendable player that has skills but has never shown the ability to put it together over a 6 month period of time. There's a guy like Saunders in just about every organization.

With the news that a deal with Melky is getting close, there's really not any room in the equation for Saunders regardless of how good he is or not.

If you want to bitch, bitch about whether they could have done better than Happ. But the reality is that this was a trade that the team needed to make for a number of reasons.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If you want to bitch, bitch about whether they could have done better than Happ.

That's what everyone was originally bitching about. Outside of fetters but he's a fucking idiot.
    Then people started making things up to defend the trade, so I've simply refuted that. Saunders is slightly above average, nothing more. But "he can't hit," "he's never healthy" and the lumping him in with smoak were fucktarded statements
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Saunders has never been healthy for a full season ... but whatever on that. Problem with him at this point is that the Mariners didn't feel like they can count on him for what they needed out of that position and with the moves that they were making, Saunders turned into a luxurious asset which the team decided that they could live without and turn into a different asset that would hold more value for them.

I don't think I've answered it yet, but I took a bit of heat for saying that I'd trust LoMo going forward next year than Saunders even though it is a bit of an apples and oranges situation. Stats were shown that showed Saunders being historically better than LoMo. To me this is like picking which stock I'd rather own going forward. Saunders has the better historical performance. I like LoMo's opportunity to outperform in the future. Fair enough to agree to disagree on it. LoMo is clearly a better fit on this roster going forward. But this is a situation where you make a decision, commit to it, and go with it going forward.

Assuming that the Mariners sign Melky, I have to applaud what Jack Z has done so far this offseason. He's addressing many of the holes that were on the roster and is doing so by adding assets to the roster and not really losing any in the process.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Confirmed that the Blue Jays are eating the difference in Happs contract. So the Mariners are paying him like they would pay Saunders and the Blue Jays are picking up the rest of the tab.