Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete Carroll says Seahawks starting to play better just at the right time

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It'll be interesting (or not) to see how Uncle Pete's defense attacks Sanchez. Since Carroll knows Sanchez's tendencies and the things that make him uncomfortable.

It would be quite the feat to win the last 4 games of the season to take the NFC West.

In any case, if the team is truly peaking now, then they could most likely go on the road in the playoffs and beat anyone. Of course, they need to find a way to increase offensive production in the red zone. Field goals ain't gonna cut it. They need to really finish drives and get into the end zone.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They look way better than they did in October. If they can get a first round bye somehow, I really like their chances, even as the two seed. The media is guzzling the fucking Packers, but the Hawks killed them, and I don't buy that they're 20 points better now than they were in September. Those two weeks off help a lot in terms of healing the injuries, especially the minor ones that everyone who isn't punting or kicking has.

If they just get in and have to play a road game as the six seed, it's going to be tough. I know teams have done it, but it's an uphill climb.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Good poonts, Bill. To add to the media's guzzling of the Packers, they're doing the same to the Broncos.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They look way better than they did in October. If they can get a first round bye somehow, I really like their chances, even as the two seed. The media is guzzling the fucking Packers, but the Hawks killed them, and I don't buy that they're 20 points better now than they were in September. Those two weeks off help a lot in terms of healing the injuries, especially the minor ones that everyone who isn't punting or kicking has.

If they just get in and have to play a road game as the six seed, it's going to be tough. I know teams have done it, but it's an uphill climb.

Agree Billy. It's kind of cliché, but I think the Seahawks are a cold weather team. It's tougher to throw the ball when it's freezing in January. A good defense and strong running game is a proven formula come playoff time.

The Packers are 15th in points allowed, 25th in yards allowed, and 13th in yards per play allowed. That's a pretty average defense and you know Green Bay isn't going to have their typical game throwing the ball on arguably the best defense in the NFL.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Every team that popped up this year has cooled back down except the Packers so far. I expect they will. There is still a month to the play offs.

Seattle showed they can beat the best team they played including GB. Better to heat up now. Nobody will remember or care that they lost to San Diego if they win it again