Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To borrow from my buddy Oahu Dawg ... In The Bag!!!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    [either way] It'll be interesting to see how this coaching staff recruits Texas. Sark only recruited one player from Texas during his time at UW (Walker), and the only other player from Texas in the last decade was Victor Aiyewa.

We already have a commit from Texas for 2015 and just offered Warren's WR teammate, so it seems that there is a stronger focus in recruiting talent from Texas. I don't recall Sark offering many players from Texas until his final year recruiting at UW (Walker, Daeshon Hall, and some WRs).
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Choate and Pease are the main ones. Those guys have recruited Texas for a long time. I am guessing Bhonapha has done the same as well since he has been at Boise for awhile and those guys went to Texas often.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Gee, Keith Bhonapha is tall
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bhonapoppa in the house
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014

Passion said:

Normally the odds of UW getting a 4-star RB from texas are less-than-miniscule. But I am mindful of Petersen's philosophy that he doesn't waste time on recruits that he has no chance of landing.

Last year's close said a lot. He closed the deal on pretty much everyone he was in on. Budda and McGary are the most obvious—but he also closed the deal on Nate Dogg and Seferian Austin Carta Holy Grail (both 4-star guys). Further, he stole Sidney Jones from Utah, offered Pettis and held off Miami for Lenius.

Anyone who thinks Pete can't recruit is a fuckwad. I don't know if we'll get Warren or not, but I do know that we aren't Ruben Fostering.
    There are some interesting challenges this year. throbmorton is disappointing, but hey - you can't fault a kid for wanting gaudy uniforms and a degree from a poorly ranked university.

Obviously the big outstanding in-stater is Benning Potoae...and probably Joyner.

He needs to close on some interior DLs.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gatdang, Warren is a beast.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Normally the odds of UW getting a 4-star RB from texas are less-than-miniscule. But I am mindful of Petersen's philosophy that he doesn't waste time on recruits that he has no chance of landing.

Last year's close said a lot. He closed the deal on pretty much everyone he was in on. Budda and McGary are the most obvious—but he also closed the deal on Nate Dogg and Seferian Austin Carta Holy Grail (both 4-star guys). Further, he stole Sidney Jones from Utah, offered Pettis and held off Miami for Lenius.

Anyone who thinks Pete can't recruit is a fuckwad. I don't know if we'll get Warren or not, but I do know that we aren't Ruben Fostering.
    There are some interesting challenges this year. throbmorton is disappointing, but hey - you can't fault a kid for wanting gaudy uniforms and a degree from a poorly ranked university.

Obviously the big outstanding in-stater is Benning Potoae...and probably Joyner.

He needs to close on some interior DLs.
    With both Throbmoreman and Lemieux it honestly seemed like Pete didn't really want them. They only nominally recruited Throb and basically stopped after Hilbers committed. I'm not a WDWHA kind of guy, but the facts are the facts... Throb just wasn't a massive target for us for whatever reason.

If they don't close on Potatoe and Joyner I'll be shocked. Very similar to Budda and McGary last year, except easier to convince in both cases.

If you add Potatoe and Austin Joyner to this class... one surprise guy like C.Warren... all of a sudden we are talking about a top 15-20 class.

With Jusstis Warren, Potatoe and Joyner I'm basically just assuming they're all in. There are a few other kids who seem like heavy leans at this point (Fat Predator Ricky McCoy is the one that springs to mind).

Then we have a bunch of kids who we are going to get (or have gotten) visits from who are all very good players and getting just 2 or 3 of them would be pretty exciting

RBs - C.Warren, C.Scarlett
    WRs - X.Castille, J.Hawkins
    OL - J.Empey
    DL - C.Peat, R.Manu, A.Fotu (JC)
    LB - T.Bartlett, A.Camargo
    DB - D.Holiday, E.Turner (JC)
    ATHs - N.Meadors, O.Spencer

Interesting times.
  • Options
    Interesting times either way?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I haven't gotten too into recruiting this year, but I'm meh on young Potatoe. I'm worried he's just like his brother and is basically maxed out at 18. Sione dominated in high school because he was stronger and more mature than the guys he was playing against.

Benning was considered a 5 star guy by Biggins two years ago, but has steadily dropped since. Just thinking out loud here. I'm no talent evaluator and I'm not ready to submit a resume to Woody for Peterman's job.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    But has Lars put out 3 recruiting blogs in 3 days?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I haven't gotten too into recruiting this year, but I'm meh on young Potatoe. I'm worried he's just like his brother and is basically maxed out at 18. Sione dominated in high school because he was stronger and more mature than the guys he was playing against.

Benning was considered a 5 star guy by Biggins two years ago, but has steadily dropped since. Just thinking out loud here. I'm no talent evaluator and I'm not ready to submit a resume to Woody for Peterman's job.

Maybe, but there is something wrong about letting a top-ranked DL leave the state. WA just doesn't produce a lot of these kids, like louisiana.

Also, Benning (6'4" 265) seems to have a different body type than Sione (6'2" 278). He is thinner and rangier. I guess I'd rather take him, if there is room.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Maybe, but there is something wrong about letting a top-ranked DL leave the state. WA just doesn't produce a lot of these kids, like louisiana.

Also, Benning seems to have a different body type than his brother. He is thinner and rangier. I guess I'd rather take him, if there is room.
    Agree about taking him, and it's evident the coaches have made him a priority. I have some family that went to Lakes and still attend a few games a year. They have said Potatoe looks great, but doesn't have that much of an impact on the field. Lakes hasn't been very good for a few years.