Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did we improve?

2»

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Have we improved throughout the year? Well no shit, everyone does that. Have we improved from last year? No, last year's squad would plunger rape this year's. I am not impressed by our annual "strong finish" against the losers of the conference, when we have yet again failed to beat anyone worth a damn. Beat a winning team, then pop off.

ButUt but but, improvement against the beavs and the cougs means we have improved!

Anyone who doesnt see thr improvement doesnt want to! Just ask @racebannon bro and stop being so negative!

Go Dawgs! WOOF WOOF WOOF!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

If Cooper doesn't inexplicably fumble, we're 9-4 and have beaten a winning team. Yeah yeah yeah, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but that game really did mean something.

What may be most significant beyond what most of us saw with our own eyes over the last 3 games, UW beat the spread by 8 @ Arizona, beat the spread by 20 vs. OSU, and beat the spread by 14 @ WSU.

Tough to argue with that.

Beating the spread is special. Also, not getting beat by 30 against oregon, really special

Cant wait until we have a tip 25 recruiting class guys, thats going to be real special

Fuck wins and losses, football is all aboit being special. Lets not forget to talk about emotions too. The guys showed lots of passion! Thats really special!

Move over The Cougs, this offseason natty is ours!
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Haha, I know. Nothing about him screams "I can get you to the Pac-12 Championship".

Two other factors I forgot to mention in the team's improvement over the last few games is that once the staff determined Riva was pretty much out for for the rest of the regular season, they shook up the C, RG, and RT spots by sitting C. Shelton, moving Tanigawa from C to RG, Atoe from RG to RT, and putting Criste at C. That coincided with Dwayne Washington returning to health, which made the offense more dynamic while returning Shaq to the D.
    phineas said:

All I know is Miles has improved by leaps and bounds! Remember how improved he looked against the beavs!?!

I cant wait for cyler to lead us to the playoffs next year! Woo

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Haha, I know. Nothing about him screams "I can get you to the Pac-12 Championship".

Two other factors I forgot to mention in the team's improvement over the last few games is that once the staff determined Riva was pretty much out for for the rest of the regular season, they shook up the C, RG, and RT spots by sitting C. Shelton, moving Tanigawa from C to RG, Atoe from RG to RT, and putting Criste at C. That coincided with Dwayne Washington returning to health, which made the offense more dynamic while returning Shaq to the D.

phineas said:

All I know is Miles has improved by leaps and bounds! Remember how improved he looked against the beavs!?!

I cant wait for cyler to lead us to the playoffs next year! Woo

Doogs were probably right about one thing. Criste should have been playing center, Tanigawa at RG, and Atoe instead of Shelton at RT. All three of those guys started from UCLA on and the OL was better in those games besides Tanigawa's snapping issues.

I think they wanted Tufunga and Shelton to get reps to develop them for next year, but the best five was Hatchie, Charles, Criste, Tanigawa, and Atoe.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

If Cooper doesn't inexplicably fumble, we're 9-4 and have beaten a winning team. Yeah yeah yeah, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but that game really did mean something.

What may be most significant beyond what most of us saw with our own eyes over the last 3 games, UW beat the spread by 8 @ Arizona, beat the spread by 20 vs. OSU, and beat the spread by 14 @ WSU.

Fuck wins and losses, football is all aboit being special. Lets not forget to talk about emotions too. The guys showed lots of passion! Thats really special!

PUTMHFTE.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    phineas said:

HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

Beating the spread is special. Also, not getting beat by 30 against oregon, really special

Cant wait until we have a tip 25 recruiting class guys, thats going to be real special

You really don't get it
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    Your eyes are as good as Sankey's grandpa's.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    mobey said:

I know there's a lot about this season that was less than ideal.

But

Did we improve? I think the answer is "yes".

Next year will be interesting.

So then, next year, will we beat any power 5 conference teams with a winning record?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Petersen deserves kudos for the improvement of our DBs over the last 3 games.

If he can manage to piece together a good DL in 2015 with the loss of Shelton, Kikaha, A. Hudson, and E. Hudson, he will be a miracle worker.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Passion said:

Petersen deserves kudos for the improvement of our DBs over the last 3 games.

If he can manage to piece together a good DL in 2015 with the loss of Shelton, Kikaha, A. Hudson, and E. Hudson, he will be a miracle worker.

Let's just first acknowledge that including Evan Hudson in a list with the rest of those guys is like giving the couch equal footing in the reasons why the following picture is interesting: image

Now then. I don't think it's really that miracle-y. Andrew Hudson was nothing before this season, so you can expect someone to come out of the woodwork to be just as good, I think.

Shelton and Kikahahahaha are a harder point of replacement, but I think we can be about as good as we were last year in the first year of Qualls and Mathis. Qualls is a RS-Fr. and has played very well; Mathis has really come on at the end of the year.

I don't think they'll be Shelton and Kikahahahaha level, but they'll be pretty good by next fall I think.

Don't forget that Shelton and Kikahahaha improved a LOT this year.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    Well aren't you a sassy little thing.

Since I only said significantly beating the spread the last 3 games is a clear sign of improvement rather than deeming it "special" or "really special", beating down a straw man argument can't be all that satisfying for you.
    phineas said:

HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

• Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    It is okay to use performances vs OSU and WSU when comparing to performances vs UH and EWU.

Sagarin has Beavers and Cougars in the 70s, and UH and EWU each around 100.

We looked a lot better in these last two games vs dreck teams than we did in the first two games against dreck teams.

I think even the Fortney/RS Frosh Huard qb situation Lambo had in 1996 was better than this qb situation. And I think Miles could have been mediocre the entire year had he not missed spring and had to share reps prior to the first game.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Answer the fucking question.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lookin pretty improved bro
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    If this is improvement I hope Peterman is at UW for 1,000 years.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

4-5 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

4-5 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4