Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did we improve?

mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
I know there's a lot about this season that was less than ideal.

But

Did we improve? I think the answer is "yes".

Next year will be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It will be interesting. Either way.

As someone who doesn't watch as much actual Husky football as the rest of you (since I usually pass out before halftime of our 10:30EST starts and don't have P12 Network because it's not an option for Comcast DC) I am curious whether we really improved over the course of the year. It feels to me like we did but I don't have enough evidence to conclude for sure.

I know darn well we haven't ever improved over the course of the season since 2003 or so. Which would make this season a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    No question there's been improvement.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    sure they did which was nice for a change. I don't understand why our offense sucked so bad in the first place though. Overall the team seemed to underachieve but the player development was good in some areas.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Then you're either blind, a troll or just a fucking idiot.

We just shut down the #1 passing offense in the country holding a team that averages 36 points to 7...on the road (yes I saw the garbage time score vs. our bench)
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Of course the team improved, the team that played those first four games would have lost to both Oregon State and The Cougs, and would have been blown out by Arizona.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2014
    Quoting Chris Petersen after Huskies win the Apple Cup
    (On seeing more focus before the game) “I think the last few weeks, these guys have really been figuring out on how to practice, but too, how to get themselves ready for the game. I think that may be as big as anything we’ve felt as a change, from Friday to Saturday, and what the locker room should feel like and look like before we go out there. And today was as good as we’ve had it before the game started. I thought going out there, this is going to be interesting because this is one time that I really feel like these guys are truly ready to play.”
    (What clicked today with the energy?) “That’s a great question. I don’t know. Nothing’s easy early on and it takes a while, like we talk about, this process. You can’t snap your fingers. They don’t just get it. To their credit, they’ve been trying, they’ve been buying in, they’ve been working hard. They haven’t ever backed down and it’s just starting to come together. I think as a coach and coaching staff, the one thing we’re always wanting is to feel like we’re improving and on an upswing. And I think the last three, four games we’ve kind of felt like that.”
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Vegasdawg said:

Of course the team improved, the team that played those first four games would have lost to both Oregon State and The Cougs, and would have been blown out by Arizona.

No they wouldn't have. That's bullshit. WSU lost to Rutgers and Nevada early in the season. Arizona needed a Hail Mary to beat Cal and beat UTSA by 3. Oregon State sucked the whole year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Vegasdawg said:

No they wouldn't have. That's bullshit. WSU lost to Rutgers and Nevada early in the season. Arizona needed a Hail Mary to beat Cal and beat UTSA by 3. Oregon State sucked the whole year.
    Wow, just wow.

I like to call out the PAC South champs by comparing them to WSU and Cal.

I like to call out the PAC South champs by calling out their "lucky" wins instead of calling out the teams that they beat.

We probably beat both Oregon State and the Cougs early in the season - but we wouldn't have blown them out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Vegasdawg said:

Wow, just wow.

I like to call out the PAC South champs by comparing them to WSU and Cal.

I like to call out the PAC South champs by calling out their "lucky" wins instead of calling out the teams that they beat.

We probably beat both Oregon State and the Cougs early in the season - but we wouldn't have blown them out.
    I never compared them, but okay. Point is, In Arizona's first 4 games, they beat UTSA by 3 and needed a hail mary to beat Cal. After the Oregon win, a loss to USC at home. I really doubt that team would have blown us out.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think it's the wrong question.
    95% of teams improve over a season.
    The question should be "did we improve
    more than the other teams in the PAC 12?"
    For me the answer is no for the first 10 games
    and yes for the last three. So the trend is favorable.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Then you're either blind, a troll or just a fucking idiot.

We just shut down the #1 passing offense in the country holding a team that averages 36 points to 7...on the road (yes I saw the garbage time score vs. our bench)

Nevada held WSU to 13 points too.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Have we improved throughout the year? Well no shit, everyone does that. Have we improved from last year? No, last year's squad would plunger rape this year's. I am not impressed by our annual "strong finish" against the losers of the conference, when we have yet again failed to beat anyone worth a damn. Beat a winning team, then pop off.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Well basically we did beat Arizona,
    but then decided we really wanted to lose.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Yes, we did improve.

If Cooper doesn't inexplicably fumble, we're 9-4 and have beaten a winning team. Yeah yeah yeah, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades but that game really did mean something.

What may be most significant beyond what most of us saw with our own eyes over the last 3 games, UW beat the spread by 8 @ Arizona, beat the spread by 20 vs. OSU, and beat the spread by 14 @ WSU.

Tough to argue with that.

Nope it was a complete and total failure.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All I know is Miles has improved by leaps and bounds! Remember how improved he looked against the beavs!?!

I cant wait for cyler to lead us to the playoffs next year! Woo