Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where Does Mariota Rank All Time For Pac 10-12 QB's?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sounds like we all agree Mariota is a system QB.

I love the ESPN memory here going all the way back to Luck.

If you want a non champ Aikman is better
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Mariota has the highest TD:INT ratio in the history of college football. He's probably the only QB you could ever put on any team regardless of style and they'd probably get better, but never get worse.

Who else could do that?

John Elway and Andrew Luck easily. Steve Young. Mark Brunell (just kidding). Cam Newton.

Mariota is really really good, a worthy Heisman winner even, but you're quooking a little ridiculously now.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I don't need to see Inslee's wife fucktards
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't need to fuck Inslee's wife seetards
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If he wins the Pac 12 (a first), he moves up a little. He's a really good, athletic college quarterback who can make things happen. In college. So was Eric Crotch.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    If there's one constant in this universe it is that you guys never tire of being absolutely wrong about anything related to the Ducks.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That hurdle run last night, give him the Heisman already.

What if Mariota was a Husky?

Fuck his parents.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

what Tui accomplished considering his surrounding talent is as impressive as anybody mentioned.

Without running the numbers, has someone really hashed out the "talent" of the 2000 team. It seems to be a common theme that they didn't have that much talent, but i feel like there were some pretty fucking athletic guys on that squad.

Off top, Anthony Vontoure was the most gifted dude I can remember. J. Stevens was a nightmare up the seem, Alexis was a frosh all-american and Hurst had some wiggle, Pharms was scary, Silvers and ward on the line went to the league, and I think Akbar did too.

Plus when tui got hurt a little known picket came in and filled in nicely aka depth. I don't know
    The only first round pick on that team was Stevens and in 2000 he was a Sophomore IIRC. And then was a very late first rounder...

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

How the fuck did Harbaugh not go the distance with Luck and that O-line? How did he lose to "i'm a man, i'm 40" Gundy?

What has Harbaugh ever won?

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,371
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Elway is the most talented QB ever in the Pac 12. Hard to argue against Leinart being the most successful. Mariota can be mentioned right there with them with 3 more wins this year. Otherwise he's a step below, same tier as Luck and others.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,536
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You know not of what you are talking.

Elway was picked #52 overall in the MLB draft by the Yankees. He would have played for the Yanks after Indy picked him #1 overall in the NFL draft but they worked out a trade for him to go to Denver.

If he can survive injuries in the NFL (since he has a slight build and is a dual-threat QB), he'll definitely have a better pro career than Leinart but won't match Elway or even Luck.
    Mosster47 said:

As far as physical ability he is probably the best ever, for a career he'll never pass Leinart regardless of how this season ends.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

You know not of what you are talking.

Elway was picked #52 overall in the MLB draft by the Yankees. He would have played for the Yanks after Indy picked him #1 overall in the NFL draft but they worked out a trade for him to go to Denver.

If he can survive injuries in the NFL (since he has a slight build and is a dual-threat QB), he'll definitely have a better pro career than Leinart but won't match Elway or even Luck.

Mosster47 said:

As far as physical ability he is probably the best ever, for a career he'll never pass Leinart regardless of how this season ends.

That's a LIPO situation. Mariota could be a great NFL QB for all we know.