Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jusstis Warren offered tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No question Kitna owns recruiting on the south end. I think 3 factors really helped:

1. Kitna leads by example. He proved living in Lakewood (or Puyallup or even Gig Harbor) is no reason not to consider Lincoln to advance your football career.

2. He hired in as math teacher and went to work on board members to turn Lincoln into a magnet school which allows for the riff raff to be moved out and serves as a big barrier to entry for any kid *not* a star athlete and/or student, who might live in the area, from attending.

3. Free public transportation to any Lincoln student residing within the Tacoma district.

Tacoma is determined to displace Bellevue as the second tuffest football team in the state of Washington.

Kitna was smart and has donated a bunch of money to Lincoln. It's a school that is run down and hurting for money. He's got everyone eating out of his palm. Some people will eventually get pissed off at his power, but what he is doing is a good thing.

The good players in the Tacoma area that don't go to Bellarmine will now go to Lincoln. The kids that went to Lakes, Curtis, and Wilson will now go to Lincoln because of Kitna.

Kid's a fucking baller, man. I swear I rarely see anyone we offer who I don't think is fucking great. With the last staff—with kids who weren't universally loved like Warren—it was maybe 50/50.

It's almost like Peenerman knows how to scout kids.

Fuck, I really like this kid. Great idea by Peenerman to offer him.

Pete's attrition rates were fairly low according to Coke's study. Obviously he's not going to have 15+ solid players in every class. No one bats .750. But, I'd bet the problem was he didn't have access to enough major conference type guys. At UW its totally different. He's going to be able to get most of the kids he wants and there will probably only be a few throw-away type recruits.

I'm not dooging it up but the guy could build a real monster program. It will probably take another 1.5-2 seasons before we can legitimately evaluate his recruiting and development to see how its all panning out.

Scott Crichton is pissed #foss
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

No question Kitna owns recruiting on the south end. I think 3 factors really helped:

1. Kitna leads by example. He proved living in Lakewood (or Puyallup or even Gig Harbor) is no reason not to consider Lincoln to advance your football career.

2. He hired in as math teacher and went to work on board members to turn Lincoln into a magnet school which allows for the riff raff to be moved out and serves as a big barrier to entry for any kid *not* a star athlete and/or student, who might live in the area, from attending.

3. Free public transportation to any Lincoln student residing within the Tacoma district.

Tacoma is determined to displace Bellevue as the second tuffest football team in the state of Washington.

Kitna was smart and has donated a bunch of money to Lincoln. It's a school that is run down and hurting for money. He's got everyone eating out of his palm. Some people will eventually get pissed off at his power, but what he is doing is a good thing.

The good players in the Tacoma area that don't go to Bellarmine will now go to Lincoln. The kids that went to Lakes, Curtis, and Wilson will now go to Lincoln because of Kitna.

Kid's a fucking baller, man. I swear I rarely see anyone we offer who I don't think is fucking great. With the last staff—with kids who weren't universally loved like Warren—it was maybe 50/50.

It's almost like Peenerman knows how to scout kids.

Fuck, I really like this kid. Great idea by Peenerman to offer him.

Pete's attrition rates were fairly low according to Coke's study. Obviously he's not going to have 15+ solid players in every class. No one bats .750. But, I'd bet the problem was he didn't have access to enough major conference type guys. At UW its totally different. He's going to be able to get most of the kids he wants and there will probably only be a few throw-away type recruits.

I'm not dooging it up but the guy could build a real monster program. It will probably take another 1.5-2 seasons before we can legitimately evaluate his recruiting and development to see how its all panning out.

Scott Crichton is pissed #foss
    Crichton was an aberration. He alone took Foss from being the worst team in Narrows to .500. A huge miss by Sark and by the expert TBSers. It was obvious he was going to be good.