Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jusstis Warren offered tonight

2015 LB from Lincoln HS. Haven't seen his highlights yet, but Lincoln beat O'Dea two weeks ago in the playoffs. An O'Dea coach told me later that he has never seen a player with a higher motor.

I am sure doogman is freaking out about this.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Seems he attended camp with UW over the summer but did not offer him then, so they must've liked what they saw of him from the O'Dea game last weekend and the Eastside Catholic game this weekend.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's nice to see Goncharoff and Kitna's kids considering the white and purple again.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    No question Kitna owns recruiting on the south end. I think 3 factors really helped:

1. Kitna leads by example. He proved living in Lakewood (or Puyallup or even Gig Harbor) is no reason not to consider Lincoln to advance your football career.

2. He hired in as math teacher and went to work on board members to turn Lincoln into a magnet school which allows for the riff raff to be moved out and serves as a big barrier to entry for any kid *not* a star athlete and/or student, who might live in the area, from attending.

3. Free public transportation to any Lincoln student residing within the Tacoma district.

Tacoma is determined to displace Bellevue as the second tuffest football team in the state of Washington.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If he was offered at the backend of his SR year he can't be any good and must be a backup plan kind of player ...

Also must be a sign that Peterman is struggling relating to edgy recruiting talent and that the PAC game is over his head ...

That's the doog company line ... or so I hear.

My thoughts? If the kid can play the kid can play. Kids develop for whatever reason at different periods. I agree with what Charles and Donald are saying in terms of getting the branding in on kids earlier and earlier - that's basic Marketing 101 for a college program. But at the same time, there's always going to be a handful of guys that fly a bit under the radar, develop late, had injuries early on in HS and the film wasn't out on them, etc. that you see while watching some film and realize that there's a player there.

If Cokehead's comments are true (and I have no reason to believe that they aren't since he's normally dialed in), then the endorsement of the O'Dea coaches about him says a lot.

I'd also like to see depending on how the class rounds out us trying to get the WR prospect from Lincoln into the program - even if it is as a preferred walk-on depending on what other offers he has.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Here are his senior highlights. IMO, BUCK all the way, really glad we offered him. Man he looks really good.

hudl.com/athlete/2312414/highlights/164662377
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Here are his senior highlights. IMO, BUCK all the way, really glad we offered him. Man he looks really good.

hudl.com/athlete/2312414/highlights/164662377

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I think what I liked about the video was that he plays with some bad intentions when he hits you.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    That was some impressive chit in those highlights. Really hope we get him on board.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

No question Kitna owns recruiting on the south end. I think 3 factors really helped:

1. Kitna leads by example. He proved living in Lakewood (or Puyallup or even Gig Harbor) is no reason not to consider Lincoln to advance your football career.

2. He hired in as math teacher and went to work on board members to turn Lincoln into a magnet school which allows for the riff raff to be moved out and serves as a big barrier to entry for any kid *not* a star athlete and/or student, who might live in the area, from attending.

3. Free public transportation to any Lincoln student residing within the Tacoma district.

Tacoma is determined to displace Bellevue as the second tuffest football team in the state of Washington.

Kitna was smart and has donated a bunch of money to Lincoln. It's a school that is run down and hurting for money. He's got everyone eating out of his palm. Some people will eventually get pissed off at his power, but what he is doing is a good thing.

The good players in the Tacoma area that don't go to Bellarmine will now go to Lincoln. The kids that went to Lakes, Curtis, and Wilson will now go to Lincoln because of Kitna.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Kid's a fucking baller, man. I swear I rarely see anyone we offer who I don't think is fucking great. With the last staff—with kids who weren't universally loved like Warren—it was maybe 50/50.

It's almost like Peenerman knows how to scout kids.

Fuck, I really like this kid. Great idea by Peenerman to offer him.

Pete's attrition rates were fairly low according to Coke's study. Obviously he's not going to have 15+ solid players in every class. No one bats .750. But, I'd bet the problem was he didn't have access to enough major conference type guys. At UW its totally different. He's going to be able to get most of the kids he wants and there will probably only be a few throw-away type recruits.

I'm not dooging it up but the guy could build a real monster program. It will probably take another 1.5-2 seasons before we can legitimately evaluate his recruiting and development to see how its all panning out.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NoJusstisNoPeace

#puckthefac10
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    surprised you're surprised, bananas.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fetters has been saying he is a PAC 12 level player for months but just had injuries.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Fetters has been saying he is a PAC 12 level player for months but just had injuries.

Yeah he may be saying that now, but was he really saying that?

#Revisionist