Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is Mike Leach Slow or Just a Pathological Liar ?

EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited November 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Or maybe just out of touch with reality (a perfect fit at WSU) ?

Perhaps I am not reading this correctly. Here is a quote from his weekly press conference.

When asked about UW's youthful secondary Leach replied as follows:

"Well they're not as young as us, interestingly enough, I think they're doing pretty good. I think Washington's doing pretty good. Right here I've got senior, senior, senior, senior, senior, junior, junior, sophomore, freshman, sophomore, freshman. So I said senior a lot so I think they're doing just fine."

UW depth chart for the Apple Cup is as follows:

S 20 Kevin King. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . So.,6-3, 183, San Leandro, Calif.
35 Brian Clay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jr., 6-1, 196, Vacaville, Calif.

S 32 Budda Baker. . . . . . . . . . . . . Fr., 5-10, 173, Bellevue, Wash.
9 Brandon Beaver…………… So, 6-0, 192, Compton, Calif.

CB 1 John Ross. . . . . . . . . . . . . . So., 5-11, 179, Long Beach, Calif.
31 Naijiel Hale . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fr., 5-10, 171, Lakewood, Calif.
17 Travell Dixon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sr., 6-1, 195, Miami, Fla.

CB 26 Sidney Jones. . . . . . . . . . . . Fr., 6-0, 171, Diamond Bar, Calif.
3 Darren Gardenhire . . . . . . . . Fr., 5-11, 173, Long Beach, Calif.

Here's the link if you want a laugh.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2014/nov/24/mike-leach/

Blackie, MonroeCuogDad, OBK ? Can anyone translate the Leech (mis)speak?

Comments

• Options

UW is always too young.

That's why we have to always wait until next year when the better recruits can save the program.

No one said young was bad. Guys have improved while Pete has kept us near our expectations. Next year should be solid there.

The funny part is Leach seems to want to convince everyone that he has no idea how to coach up a young secondary like UW has.

Why would he do that?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

Perhaps I am not reading this correctly. Here is a quote from his weekly press conference.

"Well they're not as young as us, interestingly enough, I think they're doing pretty good. I think Washington's doing pretty good. Right here I've got senior, senior, senior, senior, senior, junior, junior, sophomore, freshman, sophomore, freshman. So I said senior a lot so I think they're doing just fine."

35 Brian Clay . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jr., 6-1, 196, Vacaville, Calif.

31 Naijiel Hale . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fr., 5-10, 171, Lakewood, Calif.
    17 Travell Dixon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sr., 6-1, 195, Miami, Fla.

Leach was speaking about the whole defense and not just the secondary.

Senior, Senior, Senior, Senior = A. Hudson, E. Hudson, Shelton, Kikaha
    Senior, Junior, Junior = Timu, Shaq, Feeney
    Sophomore, Freshman, Sophomore, Freshman = Ross, Baker, King, Jones
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You should feel lucky he didn't say the starting UW DBs were the fibula and tibia.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

"Is Mike Leach Slow or Just a Pathological Liar ?"

The answer, always: Abundance!

BTW, who's OBK? Does he poast here?

EwaDawg said:

Okay, so he was asked about the secondary but quoted experience of the entire defense?
    Lawyer by training (aka pathological liar) should have been an option for my original question. Thanks.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Okay, so he was asked about the secondary but quoted experience of the entire defense?
    Lawyer by training (aka pathological liar) should have been an option for my original question. Thanks.

He's quite adept at giving a passing acknowledgement of the actual question that was asked, but answering his preferred version of the question.
    Agreed. Kind of like Skippy (atty, as well) but without the coaching ability.

I didn't listen to the clip I just read the Cliff's note. So, I didn't see an acknowledgement of the question. Problem is, if you move away from the original question without addressing it, you can have a disconnect with your players and it can result in a much longer learning curve. This makes MUCH more sense given the recent article posted on CF.com.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

He's quite adept at giving a passing acknowledgement of the actual question that was asked, but answering his preferred version of the question.
    Yeah, you'd never see Leach catching lightning in a bottle with some kind of fucktarded Northwest Championship Hoover Cup inspirational ploy.

Berating and scare tactics are more his style.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Yeah, you'd never see Leach catching lightning in a bottle with some kind of fucktarded Northwest Championship Hoover Cup inspirational ploy.

Damn, give me a chance to edit it first. It does make more sense now. BTW, I think Leach can be a good coach if he wants to be, he just is a little too content after so many years.

(BTW, props to the mod/developers). It actually told me Blackie had responded before I hit post). That is pretty cool.

• Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Damn, give me a chance to edit it first. It does make more sense now. BTW, I think Leach can be a good coach if he wants to be, he just is a little too content after so many years.

(BTW, props to the mod/developers). It actually told me Blackie had responded before I hit post). That is pretty cool.

I was speaking in general terms; I've not read nor listened to this particular question/answer.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

*swoon*
  • Options
    Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

Blackie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I was speaking in general terms; I've not read nor listened to this particular question/answer.
    It all makes better sense (I did ask a fairly general question - albeit about a specific situation).

You can call me a liar but I consider myself a Leach fan. Some of his (as well as coach Chiclet's) shortcomings drive me nuts because I think they can (and should) be better.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're going to bash the last great moment of Husky history I am out!

#NWChamps
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

If you're going to bash the last great moment of Husky history I am out!

#NWChamps

Um, hello?

Close, but not quite:

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

EwaDawg said:

Ok but, is Mike Leach slow or a pathological liar?