Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Tale of Two Programs

13»

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Things change so quickly in college football based on coaching. If UW lucks into the right coach they'll soon quickly be back again.

Just like Oregon can easily go back to what they were under Bellotti. Also Knight despite his deep pockets has yet to show the ability to land a big coach. Every football coach has been an OC who was promoted. For basketball remember they fired Kent and had this nation wide search where they were rumored to bring in big names like Pitino but had to settle on Altmon(good coach btw) who in 20+ years had one career NCAA tournament win.

At 46-7 and four straight BCS games some might say Chip Kelly morphed into a "big" coach in his four years as head coach in Eugene. I guess you mean big coach at the outset but who cares as long as the program is successful.

I think the issue is definitely more relevant in basketball where the rumor was Knight figured he could attract Pitino, Izzo, or one of the other top names once the new gym was finished. Oops, didn't happen.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

if the future was yesterday, what the fuck is tomorrow?

is that slogan on OSU ad posters?
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2013
    I'm to the point I'm beginning to feel Washington deserves what it's become.

Don James was thrown under the bus by an egotistical upper campus for a few different reasons but his politics were at the top of the list. (Why did that matter?) Up next His Slickness, the gambling and the pussification that he started. Then we have the Welfare Rat aka The Tyster who played the race card and kicked the crap out of the AD and president, followed by the ulitmate pussy, Cream Puff.

Have we created this shit of pile with 16 years of non-stop blunders? Maybe so.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    Mad_Son said:

I just showed Crazy Larry to my wife. She said he looks like he is a Husky fan who lives in his parents' basement and took a picture of himself. Crazy Larry is one of us.

You have a wife? Pics or it's all a lie.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    Wait.

I'm supposed to believe Crazy Larry is married?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Mad_Son said:

I just showed Crazy Larry to my wife. She said he looks like he is a Husky fan who lives in his parents' basement and took a picture of himself. Crazy Larry is one of us.

I thought Larry was black?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

http://youtu.be/zPGb4STRfKw

Mad_Son said:

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Things change so quickly in college football based on coaching. If UW lucks into the right coach they'll soon quickly be back again.

Just like Oregon can easily go back to what they were under Bellotti. Also Knight despite his deep pockets has yet to show the ability to land a big coach. Every football coach has been an OC who was promoted.

For basketball remember they fired Kent and had this nation wide search where they were rumored to bring in big names like Pitino but had to settle on Altmon(good coach btw) who in 20+ years had one career NCAA tournament win.

Nice avatar. LOL. You get more spam for that.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Anyone who still calls Oregon the little brother in this relationship is a delusional Doog.

58-42-5!!!!!
    Curious if Oregon will ever pass the all-time series in our lifetime?
    I hope to live at least another 17 years at which time I'll be 90. The way it's going and I don't see sufficient reason to believe that Oregon superiority in football will change, I expect the ducks will be on top of us in the overall series within my long lifetime.

• Tailgater said:

Anyone who still calls Oregon the little brother in this relationship is a delusional Doog.

58-42-5!!!!!
    I hope to live at least another 17 years at which time I'll be 90. The way it's going and I don't see sufficient reason to believe that Oregon superiority in football will change, I expect the ducks will be on top of us in the overall series within my long lifetime.

Things change in college football though. UW is close right now, if they hired the right coach I can see them turning the tide so UW is winning 6 out of 10 against Oregon.

Had UW hired Mora going into the 2008 season I bet they would have defeated Oregon by now if not twice.

I'm to the point I'm beginning to feel Washington deserves what it's become.

Don James was thrown under the bus by an egotistical upper campus for a few different reasons but his politics were at the top of the list. (Why did that matter?) Up next His Slickness, the gambling and the pussification that he started. Then we have the Welfare Rat aka The Tyster who played the race card and kicked the crap out of the AD and president, followed by the ulitmate pussy, Cream Puff.

Have we created this shit of pile with 16 years of non-stop blunders? Maybe so.

I got to your point..... at least close enough to take a duck on it....... a long time ago, like in the Summer of 2003. There's no question that virtually everything that's happened to trash Husky Football was self-inflicted at the hands of a UW administration that was and may still be more indifferent to their football program and athletics in general that they were incompetent or corrupt. Because of this, I don't believe UW will ever again be at Oregon's level in football again unless Sarkisian or a replacement head coach with similar ability and qualifications can learn enough to build a program that will defy the odds. We'll never again see a miracle such as Don James.

I'm not sure what you mean by "egotistical" upper campus. Some UW faculty are Huskyfans similar to us while the others are elitists who for reasons known mostly to themselves..... have and probably still do hate the popularity and success of Husky Football. Like so many narrow minded professionals with overblown intellects and swelled heads, they must envy, hate, and be constantly wary of those beneath them with whom they share no interests and who are more successful in non-academic accomplishments especially in pay scale. I suppose that is "egotistical".

Tailgater said:

58-42-5!!!!!

Things change in college football though. UW is close right now, if they hired the right coach I can see them turning the tide so UW is winning 6 out of 10 against Oregon.

Had UW hired Mora going into the 2008 season I bet they would have defeated Oregon by now if not twice.
    The 2013 Huskies are close as they demonstrated defensively and offensively on the field at Palo Alto last Saturday, but they still have Sark on the sideline managing his program in a manner which is likely to always come-up short in some phase of preparations and/or the game when going against the best. His latest failure was to take