Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kasen says he's 100% healthy now

2»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    If UW wins one more game, I'll feel sorry for Colorado State in the Cactus Bowel.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He was on his way based from fresh-soph improvement before Price got hurt alongside him, his freshman numbers were pretty much identical to kearses senior year. Isn't it a bit of a coincidence his numbers dropped the same time as ASJ's? Price wasn't right.

I'm just saying calling the dude out when his best opportunity was as a true sophomore isn't really fair..... He clearly had the skill, it's not like he was nick montana out there and just out of his depth.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

He was on his way based from fresh-soph improvement before Price got hurt alongside him, his freshman numbers were pretty much identical to kearses senior year. Isn't it a bit of a coincidence his numbers dropped the same time as ASJ's? Price wasn't right.

I'm just saying calling the dude out when his best opportunity was as a true sophomore isn't really fair..... He clearly had the skill, it's not like he was nick montana out there and just out of his depth.

That's a pretty big stretch. They were 80% of Kearse's senior year at best (which was of course a huge down year for Kearse). I could make a pretty good argument Kasen's freshman numbers were closer to Kearse's frosh stats than his seniors.

I'm not trying to call the dude out. He was a good player. I'm glad he came here. I hope he finishes big. I just can't understand someone not being disappointed with his performance unless you just don't put any stock in recruiting rankings at all. Based on the hype, I expected him to be great. He never was.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Now that he's 100% looking forward to watching him separate from CB's
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Now that he's 100% looking forward to watching him separate from CB's

You'll be waiting awhile.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    5 years ago Kasen, Nick Montana, and Jake Heaps shared a field in a nationally televised high school game...

Trifeca of hype
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    brchco12 said:

5 years ago Kasen, Nick Montana, and Jake Heaps shared a field in a nationally televised high school game...

Trifeca of hype

No question Kasen was the best of that bunch.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Trifeca of hype

No question Kasen was the best of that bunch.
    he was the best that day too, and judging from scout star rating hype, he looked like a 7* heisman hopeful.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    HIGH SCHOOL: Named the Parade All-America National Player of the Year, the first player from Washington ever so honored ... named MaxPrep.com's National Athlete of the Year (all sports) for 2010-11 ... also named a first-team All-American by USA Today, ESPN and MaxPreps.com ... the state's player of the year (all levels), according to the Associated Press ... Gatorade State Football Player of the Year in 2010 and in Track and Field for 2011 (spring) ... two-time Seattle Times all-state selection and the newspaper's state player of the year as a senior ... named the Seattle Times' boy's athlete of the year three years in a row (all sports) ... three-time member of the Times' "Star Times" all-area team ... KingCo 4A Crest Division Offensive Player of the Year, first-team All-KingCo wide receiver and second-team kick/punt returner in 2010 ... played in the U.S. Army All-America Bowl following senior season ... helped lead Skyline to the state title game four times, winning three state championships ... Spartans went 12-2 and reached the state final his senior year in 2010 ... finished career with 4,121 receiving yards and 56 receiving touchdowns on 235 receptions ... yards and receptions totals were fourth in state history and TDs ranked third all-time ... caught 86 passes for 1,579 yards and 21 touchdowns as a senior in 2010 ... won the 4A state title in the triple jump as a senior, setting a state record with a leap of 50-feet, 9 1/4-inches ... also won the state high jump (6-feet, 10-inches) and long jump (24-feet, 5 1/4 inches) titles in 2011 ... first-team All-KingCo 4A Crest wide receiver and second-team safety and returner as a junior ... first-team AP all-state receiver as a junior ... notched 1,209 yards and 20 TDs as a junior ... caught three touchdown passes in the state title game in 2009 ... won the state championship in the triple jump (47-6) and was second in the high jump and triple jump as a junior ... first-team All-KingCo wide receiver and second-team defensive back as a sophomore ... caught 56 passes for 909 yards and 13 TDs as a sophomore ... caught winning touchdown in the state title win over Bothell in 2008 ... won the state 4A championship in the high jump (6-10), took second in the triple jump and third in the long jump as a sophomore ... rated the No. 22 overall prospect (all positions) and the No. 2 wide receiver in the nation by scout.com ... listed as the nation's No. 98 overall prospect by rivals.com, which also listed him as the No. 2 prospect in Washington and the No. 13 receiver in the country ... the No. 70 overall recruit in the nation according to ESPN.com ... member of the PrepStar "Dream Team" as one of the country's top 150 prospects ... named to the Long Beach Press-Telegram's "Best in the West" first team ... one of five seniors from the state named a "blue-chip prospect" by the Seattle Times ... one of just eight players from the Pacific Northwest named a "Northwest Nugget" by the Tacoma News-Tribune ... named to the Tacoma News-Tribune's "Western 100" list of top recruits in the West ... son of former UW standout wide receiver Aaron Williams, who earned four letters (1979-82) for the Huskies ... also a standout basketball player at Skyline ... played football for coach Mat Taylor.