Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kasen says he's 100% healthy now

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2014/11/18/uw-senior-receiver-kasen-williams-im-back/

He looked a lot better against UA. I'm expecting a big game out of him this weekend.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Two games left in his career. Sad.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kasen looked fucking fantastic against 'Zona. Here's hoping he gets some targets and rips the Beav a new Beav.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    If my memory still serves me, wasn't he broke in a meaningless game UW was way up
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

If my memory still serves me, wasn't he broke in a meaningless game UW was way up

After losing to stanford, they were all meaningless.

It was vs Cal.

HTH.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,448
    topdawgnc said:

It was Oct 26th last year against Cal. Lost him in the Q2 when it was still 17-7.

Some people said it'd take about a year before he got back to 100%. Looks like they were right.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    How many other 5 star can't miss guys, who played all 4 years, have had as quiet a career as him?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

How many other 5 star can't miss guys, who played all 4 years, have had as quiet a career as him?

His production, when healthy, has been akin to a high 4 star IMO. Very solid player, just a bit overhyped coming out of Skyline.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Donny Mateaki?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Donny Mateaki?
    Lustyk.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2014
    Gladstone said:

Swaye said:

His production, when healthy, has been akin to a high 4 star IMO. Very solid player, just a bit overhyped coming out of Skyline.
    Disagree. Low 4 star caliber career at best. As a junior he played 7 full games and didn't have more than five catches or 89 yards in any of them. Never broke 1000 yards in his career (was not on pace to do so his junior year before the injury).

We're talking about a guy with one 100 yard game in his entire career in a passing offense. ONE.

He's a borderline doog legend. If you can't see he was a major disappointment even before the injury I can't help you.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Swaye said:

Disagree. Low 4 star caliber career at best. As a junior he played 7 full games and didn't have more than five catches or 89 yards in any of them. Never broke 1000 yards in his career (was not on pace to do so his junior year before the injury).

We're talking about a guy with one 100 yard game in his entire career in a passing offense. ONE.

He's a borderline doog legend. If you can't see he was a major disappointment even before the injury I can't help you.
    My legendary cyber partner knocks it out of the park again.
  • Options
    The one thing I'll say for Kasen is he tended to show up in big games, so he probably outplayed his stats. But still, he's a guy who should have killed it against mediocre opponents, or at least I expected him too, and he never did.

I hope he really is healthy and can finish his career strong. I want him to do well. I don't understand how he's not seen as a big disappointment though.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

The one thing I'll say for Kasen is he tended to show up in big games, so he probably outplayed his stats. But still, he's a guy who should have killed it against mediocre opponents, or at least I expected him too, and he never did.

I hope he really is healthy and can finish his career strong. I want him to do well. I don't understand how he's not seen as a big disappointment though.

Hard to showcase your talent when your coaches favorite offensive play is the bubble screen QB Scramble out of the pocket due to imaginary pressure.
    FIFY
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    As a true sophomore he was 4th in receptions and 6th in receiving yards, despite ASJ being the only other receiving threat... Is Cooper a disappointment because he tore his knee up? Why does one get special treatment and not the other?

Its a damn shame that Kasen won't be awarded a medical RS especially considering he never had a normal one, oh well hopefully he'll be in TC off a 5th-6th round pick for the hawks
  • Options
    bigcc said:

As a true sophomore he was 4th in receptions and 6th in receiving yards, despite ASJ being the only other receiving threat... Is Cooper a disappointment because he tore his knee up? Why does one get special treatment and not the other?

Its a damn shame that Kasen won't be awarded a medical RS especially considering he never had a normal one, oh well hopefully he'll be in TC off a 5th-6th round pick for the hawks

Cooper was the #189 recruit overall and the #19 running back. Those guys are good more often than not, but they bust all the time. Kasen was #22 in the nation. He was the #2 receiver in the country. Even as a high four star that would put him in the 50-100 overall range...split the difference at 75 that would make him the #10 receiver nationally.

He was never, ever close to a top 10 receiver in the country. Again, as a junior and the undisputed #1 receiver on a passing offense he had zero 100 yard games in 7 healthy games and was not on pace for 1000 yard season.

Good receiver, but never as productive as Jermaine Kearse. If that's not a major disappointment for the #2 receiver in the country to you, I guess your expectations were a hell of a lot lower than mine.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    surely keith prices drop in play that year had nothing to do with the poor numbers.... He wasn't the same QB he was sophomore year with Kasen
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bigcc said:

surely keith prices drop in play that year had nothing to do with the poor numbers.... He wasn't the same QB he was sophomore year with Kasen

Agreed. But even grading on the curve he was just never a dominant WR. Good, but not someone that opposing teams ever feared.
  • Options
    dnc said:

bigcc said:

Cooper was the #189 recruit overall and the #19 running back. Those guys are good more often than not, but they bust all the time. Kasen was #22 in the nation. He was the #2 receiver in the country. Even as a high four star that would put him in the 50-100 overall range...split the difference at 75 that would make him the #10 receiver nationally.

He was never, ever close to a top 10 receiver in the country. Again, as a junior and the undisputed #1 receiver on a passing offense he had zero 100 yard games in 7 healthy games and was not on pace for 1000 yard season.

Good receiver, but never as productive as Jermaine Kearse. If that's not a major disappointment for the #2 receiver in the country to you, I guess your expectations were a hell of a lot lower than mine.
    FWIW, compare Kasen Williams to Reggie Williams.
  • Options

dnc said:

bigcc said:

FWIW, compare Kasen Williams to Reggie Williams.
    True, but that's an unfair comparison for anyone. Reggie was a fucking baller. ReggieIsGod was a handle for a reason. I never expected Kasen to be Reggie. I did expect him to be better than Jermaine Kearse.