Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DUCKFIGHTER ILLUSTRATED: I AM OUT SPECIAL EDITION

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Wait till next year or just wait in two years this team will be special.... The mantra of the husky dan base.

Without hope? What else do you have?

Well except if you are justin verlander hope concern you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Wait till next year or just wait in two years this team will be special.... The mantra of the husky dan base.

At some point the mantra of "Wait until *insert year here*" is actually true when you have a coach you trust. That mantra was bullshit with coaches like Gilby,Ty, and Sark. It is not bullshit with a coach like Petersen. That is my opinion, others can disagree with me, and that is fine.
    We will have to wait and see
  • Options
    MortonhuskyMortonhusky Member Posts: 54
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If I remember right, the point spread on that osu game was 41 points. I remembered it for years as 44 points but made comment one time about it at doogman and someone said 41 points.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

At some point the mantra of "Wait until *insert year here*" is actually true when you have a coach you trust. That mantra was bullshit with coaches like Gilby,Ty, and Sark. It is not bullshit with a coach like Petersen. That is my opinion, others can disagree with me, and that is fine.
    who knows? anyone yelling for petersen to be fired is a dumbass as you should give any coach 3-4 years to get his shit together.

What I am most disappointed about is we have shown little adaptation this year. THey are making adjustments after the season is over that should have been made long ago after the stanford game (IE: an offense that incorporates a lot of QB Runs).

They did play hard on Saturday and that was somewhat surprising to me. That was good. But petersen deserves a lot of criticism for this game as well as the Stanford and ASU games.

Firing him is not the answer but shit, the university has been willing to outbid the other schools in the conference for a coaching staff so I would like to start seeing some sort of ROI. Again it is year one. If we improve next year that would be truly impressive as we lose a lot of talent. Realistically I see us getting plungered all over again. Year 3 should start to turn the corner but I am sick of this fucking script. I am just as disenchanted as I was after the ASU game last year all over again.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's Year 1. Aaron say R-E-L-A-X
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014

If I remember right, the point spread on that osu game was 41 points. I remembered it for years as 44 points but made comment one time about it at doogman and someone said 41 points.

1. The point spread vs. OSU in 1985 was 37 points. At the time, it was the biggest upset in collegr history from a point spread perspective.

2. I only remember being disappointed/mad with Coach James once in regards to clock management. I was down in the LA Coliseum in 1989 when were down 24-16 in the 4th quarter and watched the clock run 5:00... 4:00... 3:00... 2:00 and we had all our timeouts but wouldn't use them. It was like we threw in the towel.

Note: Pure freshman Tommie Smith blocked a punt and recovered it for a touchdown in that game.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981

1. The point spread vs. OSU in 1985 was 37 points. At the time, it was the biggest upset in collegr history from a point spread perspective.

2. I only remember being disappointed/mad with Coach James once in regards to clock management. I was down in the LA Coliseum in 1989 when were down 24-16 in the 4th quarter and watched the clock run 5:00... 4:00... 3:00... 2:00 and we had all our timeouts but wouldn't use them. It was like we threw in the towel.

Note: Pure freshman Tommie Smith blocked a punt and recovered it for a touchdown in that game.
    Did he ever use the timeouts? Christ, Twitter and dawgman chat must have been going crazy
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was the one I thought of too. James scoffed that they couldn't stop them all day. He was pissed
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    jecornel said:

Don James certainly had some rough losses but I don't recall many lost on clock management issues.

Psst. UW didn't lose because of "clock management issues."
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2014
    TTJ said:

jecornel said:

Don James certainly had some rough losses but I don't recall many lost on clock management issues.

Psst. UW didn't lose because of "clock management issues."
    True, they lost on a 47 yd FG kicked by the opposing team.
  • Options
    JaveJave Member Posts: 43
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    Plungering the FUCKskies never gets old and oh yea.........

Helf>>>>>>Peterson
    Welcome to the Pac-12 you douche. Sorry we can't provide you
    Hawaii
    San Jose State
    UNLV
    Utah State
    Air Force
    Wyoming and
    New Mexico

........to appear as if your some sort of coaching genius. We do have Colorado for you though?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jave said:

Plungering the FUCKskies never gets old and oh yea.........

Helf>>>>>>Peterson
    Welcome to the Pac-12 you douche. Sorry we can't provide you
    Hawaii
    San Jose State
    UNLV
    Utah State
    Air Force
    Wyoming and
    New Mexico

........to appear as if your some sort of coaching genius. We do have Colorado for you though?

Not your best effort
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    When Derek said LA game in 1989, I was thinking of the one we won vs UCLA. I think Greg Lewis took charge at the end. The thing I remember about that game was watching Tom Glasgow's wrap up show on KIRO and seeing some dorky white dude freshman on the sideline getting all excited. I looked up his number and found out he was from Cheney and thought "what a clown. that guy will never play." Back when we played both LA school on the road in the same year.

To Race's article, in 2010 I wanted Sark fired after the Nebraska game, and I wanted him fired NOW after the Stanford game, the single worst display of Husky football I had or have ever seen (I was not in Berkeley in 2003.) After we won out, Race made the point that in the middle of the season we wanted Sark to change and feed Polk and we might start winning, and after he did that and we did that, then we really should put the pitchforks away because he was winning. It was the loosing that was upsetting, not some personal vendetta against Sark. If he could win, we would like him; if not, we did not.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Someone clearly put on some sweatpants and took a walk....
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes