Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is this what The Pick felt like?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm too young to remember that shit but this loss hit me harder than any I can remember. Thank for for bars and sluts because if I was sitting at home I'd be losing my mind right now. Fuck.

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Yes. Everyone here needs to just hug it out with a good slut tonight.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The pick was anger.

Sheer anger.

This is a different anger.

Different feeling.

Then the future and the past were bright ...
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

I'm too young to remember that shit but this loss hit me harder than any I can remember. Thank for for bars and sluts because if I was sitting at home I'd be losing my mind right now. Fuck.

The Pick didn't feel like this to me. At the time, it didn't seem like the pivotal event that it has turned out to be. It sucked to lose that game, especially a few short weeks after the Whammy.

This loss sucked more, IMHO. This program has been in the shitter so long that we're hoping they're going to finally dig out of it by putting together a complete game and beating a team that's not a Pac-12 bottom dweller. That was a fucking sloppy performance today and it ended with a dagger delivered by the opponent.

Just my 2 cents' worth...
    Correction. Dagger was delivered by uw's head coach.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

More like what the leap by the lake felt like.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This isn't like the Pick. This was two mediocre teams playing a meaningless game in November.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    EwaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

More like what the leap by the lake felt like.
    this
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2014
    I don't know why this one hurts so much. Close games aren't rare. We aren't in the race for anything meaningful. It's the frustration of being on the edge of beating a good team on the road I guess. They really should have won. Petersen better change his fucking chart.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't know why this one hurts so much. Close games aren't rare. We aren't in the race for anything meaningful. It's the frustration of being on the edge of beating a good team on the road I guess. They really should have won. Petersen better change his fucking chart.

You are right. Most people on this bored were predicting a loss to zona beforehand. There would have still been bitching, but a lot less, if we had lost by 20 points, and we were just outgunned.

What fucking sucks is that we seemed to have more talent, we just lost due to stupid mental errors and mistakes, but most importantly COACHING FUCK-UPS! Coaching fuck-ups are not supposed to happen with Petersen.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I didn't see the pick game live. I can't even remember why, it was probably sports. So I can't compare them. The leap hurt but the program was still more stable and established then. Back then we were still considered a perennial top three Pac Ten team and there wasn't all the angst of trying to scratch and claw to the top again. There wasn't any sort of feeling that we were going to be mediocre for 30 more years and were washed up (I don't believe that personally).