Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dumb and Dumber

Not taking 3 knees and then not stopping the clock at 30 seconds to ensure you have 3-4 more plays and a chance.

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He probably didn't want to miss the start of the UC Davis game.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There's a lot of Mike Riley in that idaho spud.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    knees = agreed

No huge problem w not calling a timeout
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

knees = agreed

The fuck?

You're doubling down on that fucktarded logic?

Time is the most valuable thing you have as a coach.

Jesus boy.
  • Options
    And what is Miles going to do w 20 seconds?

All calling a timeout does is give Rich Rod a chance to go for it, keep his timeout, and kick a closer FG
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Do you get points for taking the timeouts with you?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tequilla said:

All calling a timeout does is give Rich Rod a chance to go for it, keep his timeout, and kick a closer FG

It's not all Miles fucktard.

Ross on the return.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

knees = agreed

You got it backward.
  • Options

Not taking 3 knees and then not stopping the clock at 30 seconds to ensure you have 3-4 more plays and a chance.

I did not authorized that agenda
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    Tequilla said:

You dont really think he would have gone for it if we called timeout, do you?

Ive had some to drink, but I hope Im hearing you wrong?
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

It's not all Miles fucktard.

Ross on the return.
    A very small % of kicks were returned today and when they were it was because they wanted them returned.

81% chance that the ball would have been kicked out of the end zone.
  • Options
    BayDawg said:

Tequilla said:

You dont really think he would have gone for it if we called timeout, do you?

Ive had some to drink, but I hope Im hearing you wrong?
    47 yard kick with a kicker that going into that kick was 14 for 21 on the year with only 2 of those makes from beyond 40?

No, it wouldn't have shocked me to see Rich Rod go for it there, run it for the first down, and then try to pick up another 10-15 yards for an easier attempt.

Not using the timeout forces Rich Rod to kick the 47 yard FG with a kicker that isn't anywhere close to an all-conference kicker. 47 yard kicks aren't necessarily easy.
  • Options
    I wouldn't defend Petersen until 0-12.

But I'm also not going to fucking get all worked up and get all bent out of shape about shit in the first year of a coach turning a roster over, instilling a culture, and watching as a young/inexperienced team learns how to win.

I'm also not going to get all bent out of shape because I've also recently sat through and watched TCU get their ass kicked the last 2 years in a number of close, heartbreaking, and disappointing victories only to be in a position this year to be in the discussion to be in the tournament for a national championship. A number of people tied to the UW would want to run a coach for being 6-12 in conference over a 2 year period.

There's a lot of positives this year ... and a whole lot of negatives. I'm going to let it play out and let Petersen's body of work at the UW speak volumes instead of jumping to some half brained irrational decision. Doing that would be fucking stupid.

The overall parity in college football (and in particular the PAC) today is greater than it has ever been. Winning isn't easy. Not using that as an excuse or defending Petersen as such ... but it's also not 1991 and we're not just going to show up as Washington and roll over everybody because of that.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

First off it was over 30 seconds, second off the chance of driving down the field is a whole lot greater with 30 seconds than it is with 0 seconds.
    Sounds like you attended the Chris Petersen/guy upstairs School of math
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

I wouldn't defend Petersen until 0-12.

But I'm also not going to fucking get all worked up and get all bent out of shape about shit in the first year of a coach turning a roster over, instilling a culture, and watching as a young/inexperienced team learns how to win.

I'm also not going to get all bent out of shape because I've also recently sat through and watched TCU get their ass kicked the last 2 years in a number of close, heartbreaking, and disappointing victories only to be in a position this year to be in the discussion to be in the tournament for a national championship. A number of people tied to the UW would want to run a coach for being 6-12 in conference over a 2 year period.

There's a lot of positives this year ... and a whole lot of negatives. I'm going to let it play out and let Petersen's body of work at the UW speak volumes instead of jumping to some half brained irrational decision. Doing that would be fucking stupid.

The overall parity in college football (and in particular the PAC) today is greater than it has ever been. Winning isn't easy. Not using that as an excuse or defending Petersen as such ... but it's also not 1991 and we're not just going to show up as Washington and roll over everybody because of that.

You are going full retard. Nobody expected 1991. They only expected 10 wins. You expected more than 90% of this board. Then the non conference shitty play didn't concern you. People who were alarmed were stupid and couldn't see what Petersen was doing. Now the season doesn't matter. You get what is annoying about that?

What is the irrational decision? The only thing I have decided is that Petersen has sucked this year, which he has.
  • Options
    I can tell you what I'm seeing around me and it is flat out bad ...

I can see what I'm seeing on Twitter from some influential people and it is bad ...

My expectations were high ... they haven't been met. I could either get stomping mad or try to figure out what has happened. Some on the players and some I the coaching ... Everybody is in it together good and bad.

The biggest risk that I see to Petersen being successful is ourselves at this point ... Even with the record I'm seeing more good than bad out of this season.

And the reason I wasn't concerned in the preseason is that we had no clue what we were going to get out of Miles or the run game. Until you play games that matter you never really know.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

I can tell you what I'm seeing around me and it is flat out bad ...

I can see what I'm seeing on Twitter from some influential people and it is bad ...

My expectations were high ... they haven't been met. I could either get stomping mad or try to figure out what has happened. Some on the players and some I the coaching ... Everybody is in it together good and bad.

The biggest risk that I see to Petersen being successful is ourselves at this point ... Even with the record I'm seeing more good than bad out of this season.

And the reason I wasn't concerned in the preseason is that we had no clue what we were going to get out of Miles or the run game. Until you play games that matter you never really know.

I heard recruits' parents read this bored.